Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motordisc13 View Post
    Welcome to nwdgn Dave.
    So, looking back over my posting, I did lay it down a bit harsh. The last couple times we talked disc golf, I felt you were up to douchebaggery, Scrooging it up on your goldpile... but maybe there was a more tactful way to blast your name across the Internet. Sounds like your perspective now is right on, and I appreciate your replies in your defense.
    I think my posting clearly shows I agree with the idea that you're not a "disc thief" just because you fish for plastic. I'm not going in there, so tear it up! But I was disappointed to know you weren't interested in making any calls. Sounds like you've voiced good intentions and I'm happy to stand corrected. Nice to see some good come out of this.
    No worries, and thank you.

Comment

Very awesome that you did the honorable thing. We have divers around here that will retrieve the discs out of Corbin Park's many water holes and whenever they find anything I have thrown in or that any of my friends have thrown in, they ask for a couple bucks or a beer or something like that. I am always willing to pay them for it.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Also, sorry I inferred that you may taste like Chicken :-)
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

daaaammmmnnnnittt, yo. where's the drama? where's the fightin' words? why don't you boys just hold hands and go sing kumbaya around a freakin' campfire and then hug it out or something?

but seriously... good on everybody... and if you've got any of the $200 or so worth of plastic i've put in those darn ponds over the years you can effing keep them... those bitches are in time out for EVER...
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I have only played Trojan one time. I didn't lose a disc, but I did trip near the water and lost a 20 oz Firestone Doublejack IPA. It should be about 3 feet from the shore. If you find it, please put it in an envelope and send it to me. That was a special beer and it really meant a lot to me. I don't think it could be replaced unless I went back to the store and bought one.

Thanks!

Comment

^with or without the goose poop in it? If with...it might cost you a little extra.
              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                Also, sorry I inferred that you may taste like Chicken :-)
                i bet he does

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                  i bet he does
                  You guys spend too much time wondering what men taste like

Comment

I have never been called on a lost disc and have not lost any sleep over them. If someone is willing to make the effort to dive for discs, I figure they are his. Who am I to judge??

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                      I have only played Trojan one time. I didn't lose a disc, but I did trip near the water and lost a 20 oz Firestone Doublejack IPA. It should be about 3 feet from the shore. If you find it, please put it in an envelope and send it to me. That was a special beer and it really meant a lot to me. I don't think it could be replaced unless I went back to the store and bought one.

Thanks!
                      Biting my lip at your attempt to instigate.

Comment

Originally posted by dg_junkie View Post
                        Biting my lip at your attempt to instigate.
                        Hey dg junkie...I wasn't trying to instigate. My apologies if I came off that way. I am a sarcastic dick and can be misunderstood most of the time.

I was trying to add a little humor to a subject that started off too serious, took an interesting turn, and ended up pretty positive.

All is good and I will share that IPA with you if I ever find it.

Cheers.

Comment

Ok, so a good handful of people have been contacted, I have looked through the lost at trojan forum and contacted anyone who owned one that I had. I am going to reinstate the original listings I had up, minus what was sent out, if you see anything you think might be yours just let me know and we will make sure you get it. of course the 3.00 recovery applies.

This is going to be the easiest way for everyone to see what I have, and to not have to try to meet up with 20 different people around town. Also as I had mentioned before, quite a few of these were bought from Craigslist, so if at some point you sold your disc to someone and see it in my listings........you know.

hopefully this will be satisfactory to everyone, and I can still get these out of my house.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X