Does Trojan allow folks to bring in kayaks to find discs? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does Trojan allow folks to bring in kayaks to find discs?

    My husband and I both own nice inflatable kayaks and you don't have to necessarily get "wet" being in them. We also own an extension net - we'd be happy to find discs for folks - how deep is that stream anyway? Sounds like tons get lost and I know how it feels to lose a beloved disc (I won't throw any of my "loveys" over water)

  • #2
    It's not a stream, it's more like a serpentine lake. It's awfully murky, so I've no idea how deep it is, but I bet zippyboy or Micah can tell us.

    (My guess is that those who've been disc-diving at Trojan will say that feeling around in the muck with one's toes is probably more effective than a net from a boat would be...)
    Oregon disc golf map

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      It's not a stream, it's more like a serpentine lake. It's awfully murky, so I've no idea how deep it is, but I bet zippyboy or Micah can tell us.

      (My guess is that those who've been disc-diving at Trojan will say that feeling around in the muck with one's toes is probably more effective than a net from a boat would be...)
      I have seen people boating on the pond, so I assume it's kosher.

      As for the depth I have only ventured out to where I could barely reach the ground with my toes and still keep my head above water, but it looks like it gets deeper than that further from the shore in some spots.

      If you knew were the discs were and had some awesome kind of net technique that might work, but the old feeling around with your toes in the muck is tried and true.

      Comment


      • #4
        yeah, but I bet in certain spots you could blindly dip a net and come up with a few.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm not suggesting the net wouldn't be worth a try. It just seems like it could be hit and miss. I'm also curious how you would make sure the net would pick up the discs rather than just slide over them.

          If it works that would be awesome.

          Comment


          • #6
            Disc Net

            It extends to about 7 ft in length, but I imagine dragging it through water may be a bit difficult - who knows? If it's muddy, then dragging through the mud just may work

            I'm amazed at how many people posted within a few minutes - do you guys live here???

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by discrazy55 View Post
              I'm amazed at how many people posted within a few minutes - do you guys live here???
              I can't speak for the others, but when I'm sitting at my computer and am bored or want a break, I just click on this magic link:

              http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/....php?do=getnew
              Oregon disc golf map

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                I can't speak for the others, but when I'm sitting at my computer and am bored or want a break, I just click on this magic link:

                http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/....php?do=getnew
                Exactly what I do. Anytime I'm at my PC and need to run a process that takes more than a couple of minutes I quickly check to see if there are any new posts.

                Comment

                Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X