RIP Elite Z Glow MRV @ White River Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • olydiscgolf
    started a topic RIP Elite Z Glow MRV @ White River

    RIP Elite Z Glow MRV @ White River

    Lost at White River on Sunday, one of my beloved Elite Z Glow MRV's. I'm pretty sure it went in the river, but on the chance that it's in a tree or under a leaf, Ill spread the word here.

  • Sausage Fingers
    replied
    Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    I wonder if he was going in after my disc.
    Early leader in the clubhouse for best post of 2013 right there folks! Well played sir!

    Leave a comment:


  • olydiscgolf
    replied
    Originally posted by tallpat View Post
    I saw those discs this morning... They're all located in about the same area where I saw some paramedics, apparently pulling a body from the water, on Friday.
    I wonder if he was going in after my disc.

    Leave a comment:


  • tallpat
    replied
    And to clarify, I didn't personally see them pulling the body out, I just saw them there doing stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • tallpat
    replied
    Unfortunately, no joke. The ambulance had it's lights going and was parked just across the river from said tee pad. I was wondering what was going on because the responders didn't appear to be acting in any urgent manner. Found out this morning when a buddy mentioned that he'd heard it on the news.

    Also, no joke; the discs are still out in the water.

    Leave a comment:


  • matt
    replied
    Originally posted by tallpat View Post
    I saw those discs this morning... They're all located in about the same area where I saw some paramedics, apparently pulling a body from the water, on Friday.
    Now that's funny
    (Unless of course you are serious)

    Leave a comment:


  • tallpat
    replied
    I saw those discs this morning... They're all located in about the same area where I saw some paramedics, apparently pulling a body from the water, on Friday.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mikk
    replied
    one of the orange discs is a z nuke os, belongs to a local named rick.
    The blue disc is a star wraith, belongs to a local tony dequatro.
    or atleast those are the 2 discs I personaly seen go into the river, now if its them they do have names and numbers...
    If you do go into the river, I lost a goldline Bolt in the same spot....I can make it worth your time for disc recovery ;-)

    Leave a comment:


  • matt
    replied
    Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    .. I'm thinking about putting on the wetsuit and going for a swim.
    i will give you $2 ea. for the other discs
    (if there is no ink of course, other wise they should go to their rightful owner)

    Leave a comment:


  • olydiscgolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
    OK. First let me say that YOU SUCK!!

    The fact that you have 4 Howliewood 3D Glo Z MRVs to even TAKE that pic is disgusting.

    And second let me say YOU SUCK!!!!

    WTF are you doing on here telling the world about this disc?!?! Are you TRYING to make the price of these discs rise through the roof? If I had any I would part with, this little thread would add $100 to the price of each disc if I were selling them to you.

    And third let me say YOU SUCK!!!!!!

    YOU THREW ONE IN THE RIVER!?!?! ARE YOU MAD?!?!?


    Quite the mouthful there Jordan! Let me just start at the top...
    1) yeah yeah yeah
    1b) I actually have 6, but yeah yeah yeah.
    2) yeah yeah yeah.
    2b) So you still have some? What about the other 6 deadly sins? $?$?$?$?$?
    3) yeah yeah yeah.
    3b) Yeah, a little too much flip... I'm thinking about putting on the wetsuit and going for a swim.

    Leave a comment:


  • General Scales
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
    OK. First let me say that YOU SUCK!!

    The fact that you have 4 Howliewood 3D Glo Z MRVs to even TAKE that pic is disgusting.

    And second let me say YOU SUCK!!!!

    WTF are you doing on here telling the world about this disc?!?! Are you TRYING to make the price of these discs rise through the roof? If I had any I would part with, this little thread would add $100 to the price of each disc if I were selling them to you.

    And third let me say YOU SUCK!!!!!!

    YOU THREW ONE IN THE RIVER!?!?! ARE YOU MAD?!?!?

    I approve this message. Although I did throw a Z Ringer in the water at Corbin Park once. Never got that one back. I think there was fewer of those made then even the MRV's

    Leave a comment:


  • Sausage Fingers
    replied
    you are freakin killin me here

    Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    I think you are in the ballpark there.... From what I understand, there were about 1000 of them made, but, because of the low flashpoint of the glow plastic, only 1 out of 3 didn't get "burned" by the mold. So that leaves 366 of them stamped and sold. 266 of them have the "howliewood" stamp on them (these are the ones that I have) the other 100 have the Doctor Disc Bandaid stamp on them.

    I attached a pic, its kind of hard to see, but one of these is really dark compared to the others.

    If you do get a chance, these are THE best glow disc's ever made.
    OK. First let me say that YOU SUCK!!

    The fact that you have 4 Howliewood 3D Glo Z MRVs to even TAKE that pic is disgusting.

    And second let me say YOU SUCK!!!!

    WTF are you doing on here telling the world about this disc?!?! Are you TRYING to make the price of these discs rise through the roof? If I had any I would part with, this little thread would add $100 to the price of each disc if I were selling them to you.

    And third let me say YOU SUCK!!!!!!

    YOU THREW ONE IN THE RIVER!?!?! ARE YOU MAD?!?!?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mikk
    replied
    Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    How far off the bank is it? Any chance of retrieval?
    easy enough, about 25 feet out, water is moving fast and 34 deg.

    Go to blue 14 t-pad, follow trail down to the river, at the waters edege travel right about 30 feet and stop. About 25 feet out you can see your disc plain as day, also 2 orange discs and 1 blue disc can bee seen, farther out into the river.

    I did go into the river 1x couple of years back. I alomst got hypothermia. I had a 5 min drive to home, gf had towels in the dryer for me, I was mostly purple in the lower body parts.

    Leave a comment:


  • General Scales
    replied
    Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    I think you are in the ballpark there.... From what I understand, there were about 1000 of them made, but, because of the low flashpoint of the glow plastic, only 1 out of 3 didn't get "burned" by the mold. So that leaves 366 of them stamped and sold. 266 of them have the "howliewood" stamp on them (these are the ones that I have) the other 100 have the Doctor Disc Bandaid stamp on them.

    I attached a pic, its kind of hard to see, but one of these is really dark compared to the others.

    If you do get a chance, these are THE best glow disc's ever made.
    Yeah I just had an Office Space 'Oh Face' moment looking at that picture. Everyone I know that has ever had one won't come off them. Even though they don't throw them and never will. I throw a lot of MRV's (just got two brand new max weight Z's in the mail) and I've been looking for these forever!

    Leave a comment:


  • olydiscgolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikk View Post
    Im at wr now, i see your disc in the river behind 14 tpad, water too cold :-(
    How far off the bank is it? Any chance of retrieval?

    Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X