X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***New Club called Riverfront Rebels***

A new club is being formed for the purpose of bringing together the diverse and vast amount of golfers that come to play at Riverfront Disc Golf Course in Roseburg. In the coming weeks we will be having club games to raise funds for bag tags and in August we will have a tournament at Riverfront to determine who will get what numbered bag tag to which member (1st place gets #1 bag tag etc..) I will be posting in another thread our first club game to take place, but for sake of convenience I will post the info here as well. The game will be a flips style with a $5 cash only buy in (no putting up discs, we are trying to fund bag tags). It will take place this Tuesday the 24th @ 6pm.

The club itself is being formed first and foremost to create a sense of community and to teach new and old alike how to have fun with the sport of disc golf while also learning the etiquette of the game. Funds collected will go to maintaining the course above and beyond what the parks department provides and any future improvements that the club members deem a priority.

Lastly please come out and support us this and all future Tuesdays during the summer and lets make this course one of the premier courses in the state.

Any questions?
    Contact: Glenn Higgs @ 541-530-1802 OR Atticus Lovitt @ 541-671-1457

Cheers,
    Last edited by JPSnuffy; July 23rd, 2012, 09:36 AM. Reason: Forgot contact info
    Glenn 'JPSnuffy' Higgs
    Remembering 'The Crimson Willys'
    --==_o|||||o_==--

I was just wondering how the new club was going and how it did? I live south of Myrtle Creek and do not drive or I would have been there.
    sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

RR Hit the Ground Running!

Originally posted by ScottyJ View Post
      I was just wondering how the new club was going and how it did? I live south of Myrtle Creek and do not drive or I would have been there.
      It is going really well, thanks for asking. We have had great support in the local DG community on our flips nights and got our Ace pot up to $115.00 which was won by Dan Corbin with and Ace on hole #2!

We have our upcoming Riverfront Rebels BagTag Tourney this Saturday the 27th which should be a hit and end pretty much end our flips season (we only have one more after the tourney)

There are plans to do more tourneys and other community events in the future as time permits. The focus for the club is to foster new interest in the local community and improve the course through upkeep and upgrades. We also want to get a junior league going for 12yr and under hukkers.

We hit the ground running and don't plan to stop, just may be a little slowed during the winter season If you ever do have time come on up and join us!
      Glenn 'JPSnuffy' Higgs
      Remembering 'The Crimson Willys'
      --==_o|||||o_==--

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get back to this post. Thanks for answering so fast (not used to it LOL). I am T. K. C. O. (Team King Card Oregon). What I do is set up charity disc golf tournaments with no out of pocket cost to the people who want to put it on. So far I have Post 16 American Legion Roseburg, and Camp Millennium. Post 16 wants one in May 2013 to feed homeless Vets.
        I will also be contacting several youth organizations to help them out.
        I wanted to get this out so that people do not think I am a club but an organization. I hate stepping on peoples toes.
        sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X