Will the SDGA pay up? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will the SDGA pay up?

    The SDGA promised that club members who signed up for the SDGA and choose to move their memberships to Disc Golf Uprising could do so before the vote. A number of golfers did so. The SDGA promised to make payment in March of this year. Several requests have been made. No answers have been received or checks and we are a tad past March.
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

  • #2
    Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    The SDGA promised that club members who signed up for the SDGA and choose to move their memberships to Disc Golf Uprising could do so before the vote. A number of golfers did so. The SDGA promised to make payment in March of this year. Several requests have been made. No answers have been received or checks and we are a tad past March.
    6 months ago today a new club was approved. The SDGA allowed anyone who wanted to have their money transferred from the SDGA to Disc Golf Uprising to do so. Payment was supposed to be received by March. Is there a near future arrival to funds promised to a club trying to build a whole entire brand new disc golf course?
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought camp sekani was the SDGA's at first until said new club snaked it out from the SDGA and now you want $ from the club? I thought you got some $10,000 grant, shouldn't that build a course? How many people switched from SDGA to your club? How is Sekani coming along, is it going to be ready at the end of July for the City Cup or the $ you want from the SDGA holding up progress.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
        6 months ago today a new club was approved. The SDGA allowed anyone who wanted to have their money transferred from the SDGA to Disc Golf Uprising to do so. Payment was supposed to be received by March. Is there a near future arrival to funds promised to a club trying to build a whole entire brand new disc golf course?
        well YODUH .. i did not want to put you on the spot but here goes ...
        1. DGU has not come up with a bank acc JUST for them . (and NO jeffs wife PERSONAL account does not count).

        2. THE MONIES FOR THE BASKETS WAS TO BE PAID AFTER YOU HAD SET THE FISRT SET OF BASKETS IN THE GROUND ..

        3. re-read what you and jeff agreed upon when DGU was voted on to be created ..

        also the 20 plus pages that jeff wrote to the SDGA detailing how much THE SDGA owes him is a joke ..

        Comment


        • #5
          *Grabs some popcorn and sits to watch all the pretty verbal fireworks*
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by General Scales View Post
            *Grabs some popcorn and sits to watch all the pretty verbal fireworks*
            I'm with Stu on this one. This could be good, and by good I mean BAD!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by General Scales View Post
              *Grabs some popcorn and sits to watch all the pretty verbal fireworks*
              Any time you want to post something like this, just use this .gif instead:
              Last edited by Parks; July 13th, 2012, 05:00 PM.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Whippetbrown View Post
                I thought camp sekani was the SDGA's at first until said new club snaked it out from the SDGA and now you want $ from the club? I thought you got some $10,000 grant, shouldn't that build a course? How many people switched from SDGA to your club? How is Sekani coming along, is it going to be ready at the end of July for the City Cup or the $ you want from the SDGA holding up progress.
                The SDGA and 27 (I believe) of its members voted unanimously to form a new club to build Camp Sekani. This would seem as far from snaking as say dropping a complete redesign of Downriver that the club voted on doing and patching a half a$$ watered down version of what we had. We NEVER received ANY grant $ what so ever. The money that has been raised has been raised by me. Not that it is my money or anything of the sort but I do know an awesome disc golfer from our region who gave us a huge leg up getting this going. The club does not have enough money to build a complete course yet. 6 months in existence and a brand new club doesn't have the $12,000 required to build a brand new course yet. Any idea how people like to come out to weeklies and play on buckets? Are you a DGU club member EB? The money from club members switching was supposed to be received in March according to the agreement. There was never any try to have it done by date, set from the beginning of this process. The city parks department put no date requirements on when the course should be completed. If the SDGA is interested in running an event at Camp Sekani they could do like the Montana Crew and other clubs all across the country do and set up a temporary course. It's not hard. I think the treasurer has gobs of baskets lying around. Get it done if that's what u want. Two guys and a truck. Heck I wanna play it with cages too and the 300 hours of work I've put into it says HOW MUCH HAVE U DONE EB?
                Relax and enjoy your hair
                TNT Yardworks.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
                  well YODUH .. i did not want to put you on the spot but here goes ...
                  1. DGU has not come up with a bank acc JUST for them . (and NO jeffs wife PERSONAL account does not count).

                  2. THE MONIES FOR THE BASKETS WAS TO BE PAID AFTER YOU HAD SET THE FISRT SET OF BASKETS IN THE GROUND ..

                  3. re-read what you and jeff agreed upon when DGU was voted on to be created ..

                  also the 20 plus pages that jeff wrote to the SDGA detailing how much THE SDGA owes him is a joke ..
                  1. DGU has an account. Furthermore it has applied for non-profit status. Something that can't be given if no bank account exists.

                  2. Re-read my post. I did not say anything about money promised for when baskets are in the ground. Most would assume that a club that promotes disc golf and is pro disc golf would do what they could to help get a disc golf course installed in their area. Especially if it means that it's own course might have less people playing it making it easier to do maintenance on it's own courses. As the agreement is written DGU will be $700 in the positive when the course is completely installed. Thanks for the help building SDGA!

                  I know of monies owed to Jeff personally from his work while SDGA president. I have no knowledge of the details other than that Jeff has a meticulous system that he uses to keep track of the club expenses. Past and present. Any Money owed to him from the club will hopefully be handled just as ink cartridges that Bob uses to print club documents allow him to get reimbursed too. My position is if you bought something to fix the course up that was needed and you are an elected official than you deserve reimbursement. I applaud you Joe for not only the time you have put into our courses but for your choice to spend your own hard earned money on our courses. Not many are willing to do that. Thanks
                  Relax and enjoy your hair
                  TNT Yardworks.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Whippetbrown View Post
                    I thought camp sekani was the SDGA's at first until said new club snaked it out from the SDGA and now you want $ from the club? I thought you got some $10,000 grant, shouldn't that build a course? How many people switched from SDGA to your club? How is Sekani coming along, is it going to be ready at the end of July for the City Cup or the $ you want from the SDGA holding up progress.
                    Last thing on this. I don't care if I owe a millionaire $20.00 I don't want things to be left not right. May be how u roll, I'm not down with that. Same thing here. March is long gone. I waited. Didn't say anything for 5 months.. Shouldn't even have to say a thing. Bummer.
                    Relax and enjoy your hair
                    TNT Yardworks.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I hope it all works out for you yoduh, seems to me like your getting the short end of the stick here...
                      Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Is this thread really necessary?

                        Everyone keep in mind, all this is over about $80 worth of returned member dues, which can't be paid to Jeff's wife's account, unless she changes her name to Mrs. Uprising.
                        Get over yourself, Jeremy. You'll get your $80.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                          Everyone keep in mind, all this is over about $80 worth of returned member dues, which can't be paid to Jeff's wife's account, unless she changes her name to Mrs. Uprising.
                          Get over yourself, Jeremy. You'll get your $80.
                          re read the post. The club has an account. Has applied for non profit status. Joe toilet me it was more but thanks for the report non board member. Sdga has over 10,000 in it's actual account and cant write a check for something for six months.. We have hole sponsors that have prepaid for holes too. Right now out money is in the parks foundation account. They only write checks one day a month. Petty cash is actually at a premium in DGU. Joe told me it was more than 80.. You got done money I can borrow. I'll pay you backsomeone after 6 months stimpi?
                          Relax and enjoy your hair
                          TNT Yardworks.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have been a member of this forum for about 2 years and all I ever see on here is arguing and complaining between people that all have a love for the sport of disc golf. Everyone on both sides (meaning SDGA v. DGU) needs to put any and all differences aside and make right by what they should be doing. SDGA, if DGU does in fact have everything set up properly as Yoduh says, then pay up. DGU, if SDGA has no proof of this so-called bank account, then give them the proof. Apparently the word given by an individual is no longer good enough. Everyone, get off your high horse and make right by this situation. The constant squabling and bitching doesn't do anyone in the disc golf community of Spokane any good.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SeanT00 View Post
                              I have been a member of this forum for about 2 years and all I ever see on here is arguing and complaining between people that all have a love for the sport of disc golf. Everyone on both sides (meaning SDGA v. DGU) needs to put any and all differences aside and make right by what they should be doing. SDGA, if DGU does in fact have everything set up properly as Yoduh says, then pay up. DGU, if SDGA has no proof of this so-called bank account, then give them the proof. Apparently the word given by an individual is no longer good enough. Everyone, get off your high horse and make right by this situation. The constant squabling and bitching doesn't do anyone in the disc golf community of Spokane any good.
                              i agree with you .. but as i said in my last post DGU HAS NOT given SDGA a bank acc for them all the SDGA got was a 20 page letter from jeff crum saying "put the money in this account " and it happens to be his WIFES account .. and no yoduh I DID NOT tell you it was more, stimpi is about correct ..also yoduh that 10 grand you THINK we have just laying around look around at the courses WE have done some work around them ..and yes yoduh THIS IS GETTING OLD .As a club member I am getting fed up with ALL the insults you have said against the SDGA and its members ..so please can you contain your destuctive vocal side for just a littie bit ..thank you

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X