Will the SDGA pay up? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    re read the post. The club has an account. Has applied for non profit status. Joe toilet me it was more but thanks for the report non board member. Sdga has over 10,000 in it's actual account and cant write a check for something for six months.. We have hole sponsors that have prepaid for holes too. Right now out money is in the parks foundation account. They only write checks one day a month. Petty cash is actually at a premium in DGU. Joe told me it was more than 80.. You got done money I can borrow. I'll pay you backsomeone after 6 months stimpi?
    also try drinking a littlie less when posting .. i am pretty sure "told" and "toilet" ARE not the same thing ..but then it is you ...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by SeanT00 View Post
      I have been a member of this forum for about 2 years and all I ever see on here is arguing and complaining between people that all have a love for the sport of disc golf. Everyone on both sides (meaning SDGA v. DGU) needs to put any and all differences aside and make right by what they should be doing. SDGA, if DGU does in fact have everything set up properly as Yoduh says, then pay up. DGU, if SDGA has no proof of this so-called bank account, then give them the proof. Apparently the word given by an individual is no longer good enough. Everyone, get off your high horse and make right by this situation. The constant squabling and bitching doesn't do anyone in the disc golf community of Spokane any good.
      Truth
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

      Comment


      • #18
        January 11, 2012

        2012 SDGA MEMBER INITIATIVE #1

        SDGA Motion to endorse the formation of the New Disc Golf Service Organization

        Purpose - To recognize the need for an additional Disc Golf Service Club in this area.

        Spirit - To provide the opportunity for further participation and involvement in the expansion of disc golf in the Greater Spokane area.

        Objective – The Spokane Disc Golf Association (SDGA) is presently recognized by the Spokane Parks and Recreation Department (SPRD) as the management, design and installing organization for Disc Golf at Camp Sekani. The SDGA will, upon the establishment of the newly formed Disc Golf Uprising (DGU) and the SPRD’s recognition of the DGU, recognize this Club as the management, design and installing organization for Disc Golf at Camp Sekani.

        With the support of SDGA Membership and the approval of the SDGA Board we call for the inclusion of the following articles in the body of the motion;

        Article A. The DGU will undertake all responsibilities relating to the Disc Golf project at Camp Sekani and be subject to the Memorandum of Understanding now under development by the SPRD for that project.

        Article B. The SDGA and the DGU will each remain separate and sovereign. To ensure that sovereignty;

        1. No one may occupy a position of leadership, have signatory authority, hold a brevet position or serve on a committee for both these organizations.

        2. Neither Club may bring legislation that affects the fiscal or operational activities of the other Club.

        3. Once the DGU has an organization specific bank account the monies raised prior to this agreement for Camp Sekani, held by the SDGA, will be transferred to the DGU.

        4. Any 2012 SDGA members who wish to get their membership fee returned in order to support the DGU may do so prior to exercising their SDGA voting rights.

        Article C. The SDGA will support DGU by sponsoring four (4) baskets on the first course they install. Upon notification from DGU that basket installation will commence on a given date, the SDGA will issue a check not to exceed $450 to DGU for the cost of each of the four (4) sponsored baskets.

        With the adoption of the motion above by the SDGA’s Membership and its approval by the SDGA Board and the joint adoption of Articles A, B and C above by the two Clubs and with the consent of the Spokane Parks and Recreation Department, the SDGA hereby transfers it’s interest in the SPRD Camp Sekani Disc Golf Project to the DGU.


        Motion submitted by
        ______Steve Simmons_____________
        ______Nancy Morgan_____________
        _______________________________
        Approval by the SDGA Board
        _______________________________Joe Barnett
        _____________________________Gordon Crafts
        _______________________________Jeff Crum
        _______________________________Lyle Parks
        _____________________________ __Robert Perrewe
        _______________________________Jon Verbarg

        Approval by the DGU
        ______________________________Designated Authority




        The text above is a copy of the Member Initiative that gave control of Camp Sekani to Disc Golf Uprising. I will attach the document below so anyone can download it.

        A list of 27 people that wanted their membership money back was supplied to the SDGA by DGU. 23 of these people voted in the 2012 SDGA elections and thereby voided their opportunity to receive their money back as explained in Article B Section 4. This leaves 4 people that may request their money back from the SDGA.

        Jeff has asked that any checks we write be made out to his wife. This is not how payment by the SDGA is specified in the Member Initiative that passed. The SDGA will gladly make all checks due and payable to Disc Golf Uprising as an organization.
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

        Comment


        • #19
          I'm not sure how many hours I have helped out, I need a journal obviously. And the point I was getting to was about $ from club members couldn't be that much to hold back progress, I was thinking of volunteering for some work party action at Sekani to help get ready for the city cup but that isn't going to happen now.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
            i agree with you .. but as i said in my last post DGU HAS NOT given SDGA a bank acc for them all the SDGA got was a 20 page letter from jeff crum saying "put the money in this account " and it happens to be his WIFES account .. and no yoduh I DID NOT tell you it was more, stimpi is about correct ..also yoduh that 10 grand you THINK we have just laying around look around at the courses WE have done some work around them ..and yes yoduh THIS IS GETTING OLD .As a club member I am getting fed up with ALL the insults you have said against the SDGA and its members ..so please can you contain your destuctive vocal side for just a littie bit ..thank you
            I am an SDGA member as well. The money Jeff wants put into his account is the money that is owed to him personally. You can and need to send whatever is owed to him for his expenses on building signs at High Bridge and whatever else. Otherwise I think the court system may become involved. As far as the account that does exist, write the check to DISC GOLF UPRISING.... sheesh. You told me 5 people is what you had. That is not $80. Not correct. The money that has been spent has been grant money that is not in the SDGA account. It is money that has been earned by Justin Shrack and a couple other club members that helped write the grant. The other money has not been spent. If so, on what? I would love to know where all golfers hard earned money has been going. Joe, I have raised more for the club and I have put in more hours than most. I was a club member in 2001. Always have been. 39 people came before me and only a few have put in more. I'm not against the SDGA. I for more golf. Courses that are built properly and have good up keep. I am neither a DGU or an SDGA officer. I am members of both.
            Relax and enjoy your hair
            TNT Yardworks.com

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
              also try drinking a littlie less when posting .. i am pretty sure "told" and "toilet" ARE not the same thing ..but then it is you ...
              lol.. pot calling the kettle...
              Relax and enjoy your hair
              TNT Yardworks.com

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Whippetbrown View Post
                I'm not sure how many hours I have helped out, I need a journal obviously. And the point I was getting to was about $ from club members couldn't be that much to hold back progress, I was thinking of volunteering for some work party action at Sekani to help get ready for the city cup but that isn't going to happen now.
                Snakey way to go about that simple point you were trying to pass along..
                Relax and enjoy your hair
                TNT Yardworks.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  I've been getting questions and on a daily basis about Sekani and the city cup. Jeff told Bob that it would not be possible to have it by his tourney date. Thanks Bob. I appreciate the phone calls. After the third one I got I put this pleasant thread up. You are afraid the money isn't going to the course? Send it to the parks foundation.. There is a bank account. If it were just $80 than who cares right????? Wait, it only goes one way? It's only $80 but we don't trust you with it... When Jeff originally asked for the money he asked for it to be put in his wife's account. We have 2 pallet's of concrete. a stack of lumber and we might start stealing money real fast. Cause this is going to make us rich. Like selling $750 worth of raffle tickets at a tournament and donating $300 to the tourney payout while saying it's to raise money for the tournament (whispering "sort of")
                  Last edited by Yoduh; July 16th, 2012, 12:34 AM. Reason: sp
                  Relax and enjoy your hair
                  TNT Yardworks.com

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Would like to see this 20 PLUS page report.
                    Relax and enjoy your hair
                    TNT Yardworks.com

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Letter of the Law

                      By now you are all getting a pretty clear understanding that the SDGA is run by the Letter of the Law. When obscurities occur, you can almost always count on sorting it out by looking at the official binding agreements, guidelines or rules that are at the core of the issue.

                      In this case the original obscurity posted in this thread was:

                      Will the SDGA pay up?
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      The SDGA promised that club members who signed up for the SDGA and choose to move their memberships to Disc Golf Uprising could do so before the vote. A number of golfers did so. The SDGA promised to make payment in March of this year. Several requests have been made. No answers have been received or checks and we are a tad past March.
                      __________________________________________________ ______________________
                      Relax and enjoy your hair
                      TNT Yardworks.com

                      The binding agreement as stated in the SDGA Initiative approved by the members under Article B was:

                      3. Once the DGU has an organization specific bank account the monies raised prior to this agreement for Camp Sekani, held by the SDGA, will be transferred to the DGU.

                      4. Any 2012 SDGA members who wish to get their membership fee returned in order to support the DGU may do so prior to exercising their SDGA voting rights.


                      The shakedown:

                      The DGU supplied the SDGA with a list of 27 people that wanted their membership money back in order to support the DGU. 23 of these people voted in the 2012 SDGA elections and thereby voided their opportunity to receive their money back as explained in Article B Section 4. This left 4 people eligible to have their SDGA membership dues transfered to the DGU which would amount to $80.

                      The transfer is not possible until the DGU abides by Article B Section 3. The SDGA would be missappropriating the members funds if they wrote a check to Jeff's wife, the parks foundation or any other entity other than the DGU organization specific bank account.

                      It's all pretty simple and clear if you look at it without bias and paranoia.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
                        By now you are all getting a pretty clear understanding that the SDGA is run by the Letter of the Law. When obscurities occur, you can almost always count on sorting it out by looking at the official binding agreements, guidelines or rules that are at the core of the issue.

                        In this case the original obscurity posted in this thread was:

                        Will the SDGA pay up?
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        The SDGA promised that club members who signed up for the SDGA and choose to move their memberships to Disc Golf Uprising could do so before the vote. A number of golfers did so. The SDGA promised to make payment in March of this year. Several requests have been made. No answers have been received or checks and we are a tad past March.
                        __________________________________________________ ______________________
                        Relax and enjoy your hair
                        TNT Yardworks.com

                        The binding agreement as stated in the SDGA Initiative approved by the members under Article B was:

                        3. Once the DGU has an organization specific bank account the monies raised prior to this agreement for Camp Sekani, held by the SDGA, will be transferred to the DGU.

                        4. Any 2012 SDGA members who wish to get their membership fee returned in order to support the DGU may do so prior to exercising their SDGA voting rights.


                        The shakedown:

                        The DGU supplied the SDGA with a list of 27 people that wanted their membership money back in order to support the DGU. 23 of these people voted in the 2012 SDGA elections and thereby voided their opportunity to receive their money back as explained in Article B Section 4. This left 4 people eligible to have their SDGA membership dues transfered to the DGU which would amount to $80.

                        The transfer is not possible until the DGU abides by Article B Section 3. The SDGA would be missappropriating the members funds if they wrote a check to Jeff's wife, the parks foundation or any other entity other than the DGU organization specific bank account.

                        It's all pretty simple and clear if you look at it without bias and paranoia.
                        WRITE THE CHECK TO DGU!!! If there is no account than the check will be not be cashed at all. Write the check and watch your account with-in 3-5 (a day or two in the mail) days it will be deposited. I like how everyone is pretending that there is no DGU account. Non-profit status maybe only be applied for if that entity has a bank account. One or 2 people think that there is no account and everybody else buys the BS. Paranoia is someone (Jeff) who has been relentless building disc golf for the last 3 years is going to all of the sudden rip us off for $100.
                        Relax and enjoy your hair
                        TNT Yardworks.com

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Hold the phones. When this agreement was reached. Simply sending your vote in did not mean that your money went to the SDGA. I KNOW FOR A FACT that Tom and Suzie Walker sent their vote in as soon as they got it, about 10 days before this agreement. When they learned they could transfer their money to the new club building the new disc golf course out in the valley closest to them they choose to. They called Bob and told him they wanted their money changed DGU. This agreement wasn't in place until well after ballots had been sent out. People that wanted to change their money to the new club WERE allowed to AS LONG AS THEY DID IT BEFORE THE ELECTION. Time to double check those numbers..
                          Relax and enjoy your hair
                          TNT Yardworks.com

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Ballots were sent out 4 weeks before the election. 4 days before the election it was established that the new club could actually exist. So anyone who had sent in their vote at that time was actually locked in to being an SDGA member? Not the what was agreed. The agreement was anyone that wanted to change from the SDGA would be allowed to before the election.
                            Relax and enjoy your hair
                            TNT Yardworks.com

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Where do I sign up? I want to join the SDGA and the DGU! Oh, wait, I just read this thread. Never mind.
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                                Where do I sign up? I want to join the SDGA and the DGU! Oh, wait, I just read this thread. Never mind.
                                ^^^
                                Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X