X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, but no thanks to yoduh.

A sincere thanks to the Spokane Parks Department, The Spokane Parks Foundation, and the Spokane Disc Golf Association for providing the means and a way to get this project done.

Comment

DB, not up to you.. I appreciate you acting like your in charge ;-)

Originally posted by dbcooker57 View Post
      A sincere thanks to the Spokane Parks Department, The Spokane Parks Foundation, and the Spokane Disc Golf Association for providing the means and a way to get this project done.
      Ditto!
      Last edited by Yoduh; September 14th, 2012, 08:05 AM.
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
        Ditto!
        I think "indian giver" may be on the wrong side of the PC fence. I'm not defending db's jab at you, but remarks like your's don't help your cause. Just sayin...
        PDGA #42116

Comment

It's been a while

Haven't heard that one since I was in the 3rd grade in 1963. I think a transaction over a Baby Ruth or a 5th Avenue was the issue. I was so much younger then, I'm older than that now.

Comment

I believe that the politically correct term is actually "Native American giver."
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

there was a small work party today number 6 and number 8 tee boxes were moved thanks dave cook and gordy still need help if anyone has time

Comment

Originally posted by special K View Post
                there was a small work party today number 6 and number 8 tee boxes were moved thanks dave cook and gordy still need help if anyone has time
                Whoa, wait, where were they moved to?
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

SDGA Generator

The generator the Club bought was finally recalled by the manufacturer. We got 100% of the purchase price refunded to us and it's back in the SDGA account. .... All those holes we drilled.....Now they know how many holes it takes to build the High Bridge Wall. I'd love to tuuuuurn youuuu on. (but we don't have a generator anymore) Gordy

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                    Whoa, wait, where were they moved to?
                    Unless it changed in the last two weeks or so:

Six is moved back to that alt placement that is back and to the right (about 20 feet?). Not sure if it was ever used or when, but I remeber seeing it marked off for a while before the new pad went in.

On 8, it is also moved to the back and right (when facing the basket). Its a RHFH or RHBH turnover shot over the top of those saplings to the right of the gaurdian trees. I might have seen an alt pad where the old placement was as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
                      Unless it changed in the last two weeks or so:

Six is moved back to that alt placement that is back and to the right (about 20 feet?). Not sure if it was ever used or when, but I remeber seeing it marked off for a while before the new pad went in.

On 8, it is also moved to the back and right (when facing the basket). Its a RHFH or RHBH turnover shot over the top of those saplings to the right of the gaurdian trees. I might have seen an alt pad where the old placement was as well.
                      I played both of these before the weather turned slippery and found that the alt placement of 6 was great for me (closest I have ever come to aceing the short pin). I was very confused with the placment of 8 though, noting the only thing that would make the change meaningful was if the arborist was a little pissed about the 2-4 trees "bleeding" sap for betweenn 5&20 feet on the tee pad side because of the many (mmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnyyyyyy) errant throws into those trees. I can easily 2 the hole now, and always had to try harder for the accuracy when the pad was in the further back position. (it is the only hole I have unofficially aced since the only person around didn't see the ace, just heard the chains. I am sure to ace it again now it is in the short position.

Comment

There is a long pad too for hole 8. It's behind where the pad was by the road, towards the middle of the fairway among a grouping trees. That pad placement makes it a much more difficult hole to play.
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Sean

You're right about the damaged trees. The choice was to move the tee or loose the trees. The tree peeps may take the trees anyway..... As the old rubber gets changed out for new we might try wrapping some of the old pads around vulnerable trees. We're always open to ideas to protect trees if you've got one........The pad in the long position on 6 is just rubber on dirt for now. The snow and ice have brought our retrofitting efforts for the season to a close.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                            You're right about the damaged trees. The choice was to move the tee or loose the trees. The tree peeps may take the trees anyway..... As the old rubber gets changed out for new we might try wrapping some of the old pads around vulnerable trees. We're always open to ideas to protect trees if you've got one........The pad in the long position on 6 is just rubber on dirt for now. The snow and ice have brought our retrofitting efforts for the season to a close.
                            I think wrapping the old destroyed fly mat around the more vulnerable tree's is a great idea.
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

I saw a really interesting idea used at L.L. "Stub" Stewart State Park DG course west of Portland were someone took long 1 x 6's or 8s and wrapped those around the front and sides of frequently hit trees. They were held together with some kind of metal band that seemed to be kind of crimped to hold tight. They looked kinda funny, and the sound when hit what a deadening "thud" that virtually killed all disc momentum, but they really seemed to work pretty well. They had a lot of them up too. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                                There is a long pad too for hole 8. It's behind where the pad was by the road, towards the middle of the fairway among a grouping trees. That pad placement makes it a much more difficult hole to play.
                                I'll have to look for the new farther tee pad when the snow clears thanks for the info.
                                The only problem I could think of for what ever wrap was used involved keeping the bands adjustable for growth, have to expand them every year or so to keep from strangling the growth, otherwise I think the old rubber is the way to go IMHO. If they do decide to kill the trees, ask if they can just top them, and make intentional posts. Was watching DG Live on youtube with the Helsinki tourney and their tunnel shot was an interesting "hazard."

one of my goals for this year would be to get out for more work parties. My frustration level was elevated every time I found a major (or minor) work party was being held on the weekend I work. felt like a schmuck playing on the backs of those who worked to make highbridge look as good as it does.

Thanks for all you guys do. I will still bring sustenance if needed on days I am working, just let me know what you want (non ETOH beverages only though, teetotaler here)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X