• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highbridge work party

HIGHBRIDGE WORK PARTY

Saturday, June 9, 2012 @ 8:30 am

Meet at Hole #2's Tee-Box

We will be building platforms up to Hole #2's green to aid accessibility and control erosion

TOOLS WE WILL NEED

Pick-up Trucks
    Work Gloves
    Drinking Water
    Trash Bags
    Shovels - Spades, Flat & Scoop
    Rakes - Leaf & Garden
    Sledge Hammers - Small & Large
    Cordless Drills
    Camper Size Generator
    Wheelbarrows
    Pry Bars
    Tampers
    Tape Measures
    Levels - 2 ft - 6 ft

Call 216-4929 to RSVP or for more info
    Last edited by Wobbly Bob; June 5th, 2012, 09:45 AM.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

is there any hope to fix any of the tee pads that have drop-offs in front of the tee pad? holes 2, 8, 9, 10, 13 (especially 13), 15, 16? they all have ankle breakers at the end of the rubber tee pad.

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
      is there any hope to fix any of the tee pads that have drop-offs in front of the tee pad? holes 2, 8, 9, 10, 13 (especially 13), 15, 16? they all have ankle breakers at the end of the rubber tee pad.
      Saturday we will be working on the Spokane Parks Foundation Project for accessibility and erosion control. If you wanted to show up and help, you could be in charge of getting the ankle breakers filled. We'll have gravel.

Comment

7KW

The generator will be on the truck.

Comment

thank you

I would like to thank the volunteers that help build the stairs on 2 John, Edger, Dave, Joe, Jerrome, Don, Gordy, Leslie, Jamie. Thank you Jamie for buying burgers for everyone. Thank you Lisa for bring food and Leslie for bring coffee. Thanks everyone for surviving in the rain all day and enduring the wind to help put all those stairs in. There will be more work parties to come at High Bridge and hopefully next time it wont be pouring rain.

Comment

And thank you for all your efforts and organization to get the job done. It was a pleasure helping out. A job well done !

Comment

Had fun. glad to be part of a project I have been hoping for a while. Now SDGA member to boot(also been meaning to for a while). Good to meet Joe, Kevin ,John and everyone else. Great to work with Joe and Dave(we did a fair chunk of the 1st run, then they helped with second 2. I put my ocd to good use tamping. :-)
              Everyone who showed was way cool and busted their butts in the rain to improve the course. I'll be proud to be able to look at those for years and know I helped.

Comment

Pretty impressive...

The progress a dozen dedicated, positive, cooperative, constructive people can make is just down right amazing. Kevin you did a very fine job as a foreperson getting everyone involved and keeping the tasks moving forward so well. It was HARD work and the rain was misereable...however, I'm so happy I was able to put 3 and a half hours in. My hat is off to the rest of you who worked solid for over 8 hours.

This was a remarkable work party and I can't wait to see the finished product.

I'll definitely have a new smile everytime I climb those stairs on hole 2 in the future...

Thank you EVERYONE!!

P.S. I sent the pictures I took to Bob...and Joe if you did get a pic of me swinging that sledge hammer, you can go ahead and delete it!! :-)

Comment

Unbelievable...

So I cruised by the park last night when I got off work. I couldn't believe how FULL HighBridge was at 7:00 on a Monday night!! I took some photos of the finished steps. I gotta say that it had to be a herculean effort to get the rest of that project done. I left at 1:30 and the upper stairs were marked off but no digging had begun. Did you guys stay there all night?

It looks magnificant!! Truly amazing. I'm so proud I had a small hand in helping out on that project.

Comment

Everyone but me went up to those about then. Finished by about 4 or 4:30. Had process worked out so went quicker than 1st 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
                      So I cruised by the park last night when I got off work. I couldn't believe how FULL HighBridge was at 7:00 on a Monday night!! I took some photos of the finished steps. I gotta say that it had to be a herculean effort to get the rest of that project done. I left at 1:30 and the upper stairs were marked off but no digging had begun. Did you guys stay there all night?

It looks magnificant!! Truly amazing. I'm so proud I had a small hand in helping out on that project.

Please send me photos of finished project. Maybe from the top looking down.

Comment

Working on the lower set of platforms.

And staying out of the rain.

Assembling platforms?

In the rain. Check out the new SDGA Generator.

Did we make enough of these things?

Comment

Let's drive these up to the next level.

Perfectly laid out.

Maybe we should go play a hole?

No the third tier is waiting for us.

Back filling the second tier.

Comment

Kevin hiking it up the hill.

I'm short one of those platforms, where did it go?

A mini ramp leading to the platforms.

All it needs is the gravel.

Wow, it turns half way up!

Comment

Same ramp.

We're almost finished.

Feel free to download any of these attachments.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X