Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if that is how things are normally done (and more importantly SHOULD be done) then I fully feel that there was too much incentives being promised (or at least lacking full disclosure). I never wanted to take $175 in free schwag when it came directly and 100% out of the pledge money I brought to the table. I wanted as much of that to go to the 2nd Harvest Food Bank as possible.

I will take this as a lesson learned (early fortunately) and in the future will just bring in funds to be DIRECTLY applied to the charity in focus.

Still, thanks for a very fun fundraiser to a very good cause!
    SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
      Well if that is how things are normally done (and more importantly SHOULD be done) then I fully feel that there was too much incentives being promised (or at least lacking full disclosure). I never wanted to take $175 in free schwag when it came directly and 100% out of the pledge money I brought to the table. I wanted as much of that to go to the 2nd Harvest Food Bank as possible.

I will take this as a lesson learned (early fortunately) and in the future will just bring in funds to be DIRECTLY applied to the charity in focus.

Still, thanks for a very fun fundraiser to a very good cause!
      Dana, this is the first year we have tried this incentive plan. This plan was promoted by Ice Bowl Central as a way to raise more dollars for our local charity, which it did. Had more disc golfers participated in this incentive plan then many more people in our community would know about disc golf and the good that it does for our community. This method was how Saint Cloud, Minnesota was able to raise over $14,000.
      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

economy of scale

Good point, Bob. If 20 people had brought in similar pledges instead of just 2 the relative size of the incentive would be far more nominal. It's a good thing you(Dana) and Tomsick responded the way you did or Bob may have had to eat the cost of the incentive himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
          Good point, Bob. If 20 people had brought in similar pledges instead of just 2 the relative size of the incentive would be far more nominal. It's a good thing you(Dana) and Tomsick responded the way you did or Bob may have had to eat the cost of the incentive himself.
          That thought had crossed my mind!
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X