Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice bowl was awesome. Jeremy and I shot 11 under for solo possession of 4th. A three way tie for 1st kept us out of contention. Still the best senior project ever thrown. Had a blast and will be back next year.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Lost keys

I believe I may have lost my keyring at the ice bowl yesterday (on the road where I parked?). If anybody happened to have picked them up I would be eternally grateful. Thanks.
      SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

So are we ever gonna find out how much food and money we raised? Get an official posting of results? Anybody find Simmel's keys?
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

A big thank you

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
          So are we ever gonna find out how much food and money we raised? Get an official posting of results? Anybody find Simmel's keys?
          To everyone who supported the 2012 Ice Bowl Food And Funds Drive---A huge Thank You for your participation and donations. A special Thanks is also due to Bob and his grandson Jeremy Graves for organizing and hosting this Special Event. Thank You to the INWS for presenting the 'Chili Bowl' and for raising $1882.00 and almost 800 lbs. of food which was given to the 2nd Harvest Food Bank yesterday on behalf of the SDGA. The event also raised $85 for the SDGA in Host Fees. All You Guys combined generosity is unsurpassed.
          Gordy, SDGA Treas.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post

The cash and food donated by the Spokane disc golfers that competed in the
            Spokane Chili Ice Bowl was turned in on Tuesday Feb. 7, 2012 at 4:45 pm.

The OFFICIAL COUNT was;

723 lbs. of food

&

$2050.00

I would like to thank all the disc golfers and staff that came out to support the Ice Bowl in 2012. We had 85 players and 7 staff for a final count of 92 people. I would also like to thank all those people that supported the Ice Bowl through their pledges to family & friends.

Here's a breakdown of the donations made to the tournament.

$850 - 85 players @ $10 per player
            $461 - Mulligans purchased by players
            $360 - Pledge Sheets turned in by players
            $181 - INWS disc sales sponsorship
            $ 83 - Innova, Discraft and Vibram sponsorship of our Ice Bowl
            $ 65 - Race for the Case CTP
            $ 50 - Jeremy Thornton
            $2050 Grand Total

A special thanks goes out to our newest Tournament Director - Jeremy Graves

GREAT JOB TO ALL
            Last edited by Wobbly Bob; February 9th, 2012, 12:52 PM.
            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

That picture puts it into perspective. Nice to see Jeremy TDing a tournament and getting involved with charity.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Nice job to everyone who played and helped. That's very cool to see. I hope that at least gets a small article in the paper.

Is Jeremy being pummeled with requests to run more tournaments yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                  That picture puts it into perspective. Nice to see Jeremy TDing a tournament and getting involved with charity.
                  Yeah, best senior project ever.
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Just so everyone knows; Gordy posted that the SDGA donated $1882 to the Food Bank. This was the amount that the INWS gave to the SDGA as funds raised. Gordy then wrote a check to the Food Bank for this amount and gave it back to the TD.

This amount was not the donation total because Gordy didn't know about the other two sponsor checks that were made out directly to the Food Bank and these checks were not run through the SDGA checking account.

Disc Golf World of Kansas City sent a check for $83 to the SDGA made out to the Food Bank for purchasing specially sponsored Innova, Discraft and Vibram discs.

The INWS added some of the profit ($85) from disc sales to bring the donation to an amount above last years.

3 checks - $1882 + $83 + $85 = $2050.

Three checks went to the Food Bank and were credited as a $2050 donation from the Spokane Disc Golf Assn.

There was never any attempt to confuse anyone concerning the amounts donated. Just poor communication skills on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                      This was the amount that the INWS gave to the SDGA as funds raised.
                      I'm curious as to how much the SDGA raised total vs what the INWS gave back to us as funds raised? Was there a significant administration portion taken out? Meant to ask that awhile back....

Oh yeah, and I found my keys, praise Jebus!!
                      SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

$360 - Pledge Sheets turned in by players
                        I'm confused by this, I personally turned in $410 in pledges. Where did the rest of that money go let alone other people's pledge sheets??
                        Last edited by Simmeltron; February 10th, 2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
                          I'm confused by this, I personally turned in $410 in pledges. Where did the rest of that money go let alone other people's pledge sheets??
                          Hey Dana, here is a complete breakdown of where all the pledge money went.

Dana Simmelink turned in $410 in pledges. These pledges paid for;

Dana's entry fee @ $25
                          Dana's mulligans @ $25
                          Dana's disc @ $11
                          Dana's shirt @ $14
                          Dana's Hoody @ $25
                          Dana's Grand Prize for bringing in the most money in pledges @ $100 merchandise.

Out of the $410 in pledges Dana brought in, $50 in cash went to pay for Dana's fees and mullies and $150 went to Dana as incentive rewards.

This left $210 cash that was donated to the Food Bank.

John Tomsick turned in $250 in pledges. These pledges paid for;

Johns's entry fee @ $25
                          John's mulligans @ $25
                          John's disc @ $11
                          John's shirt @ $14
                          John's Hoody @ $25

Out of the $250 in pledges John brought in, $50 in cash went to pay for John's fees and mullies and $50 went to John as incentive rewards.

This left $150 cash that was donated to the Food Bank.

The Pledge Total was $660.
                          The benefit to the 2 players that raised pledges was $300.
                          This left $360 to benefit the Food Bank.

Comment

Sigh...

I see. Well I guess this was not very well explained (at ALL) on the pledge form. It stated that "Incentive Gifts" were available for people bringing in more donations than were required to play. Nowhere did it mention or infer that 100% of these incentive gifts, and the $100 Gift Certificate (which I was NOT allowed to use on one of the Tee-Sign sponsors as stated on the pledge form, only more schwag) came out of the actual funds I brought in for donations. I would never have accepted it all if I knew my donations paid for it all. If I wanted I could have spent my own $200 dollars to purchase all that schwag to support the SDGA. I told my donators this was for the 2nd Harvest Food Bank, not for $200 in free stuff for myself. Had I known this I would have forgone all incentives offered and just had the checks made directly out to the 2nd Harvest Food Bank.

Maybe I don't understand fully how the fundraising works exactly as I am new to the scene... I understand all the fundraiser discs and clothing has to be paid for somehow, but NOWHERE did it say all my donations would be paying for the "Incentive GIFTS".

Am I wrong in my assumptions? Next time I would like a better explanation of how these functions work when so much money is on the line.

Hey Dana, here is a complete breakdown of where all the pledge money went.

Dana Simmelink turned in $410 in pledges. These pledges paid for;

Dana's entry fee @ $25
                            Dana's mulligans @ $25
                            Dana's disc @ $11
                            Dana's shirt @ $14
                            Dana's Hoody @ $25
                            Dana's Grand Prize for bringing in the most money in pledges @ $100 merchandise.

Out of the $410 in pledges Dana brought in, $50 in cash went to pay for Dana's fees and mullies and $150 went to Dana as incentive rewards.

This left $210 cash that was donated to the Food Bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
                              I see. Well I guess this was not very well explained (at ALL) on the pledge form. It stated that "Incentive Gifts" were available for people bringing in more donations than were required to play. Nowhere did it mention or infer that 100% of these incentive gifts, and the $100 Gift Certificate (which I was NOT allowed to use on one of the Tee-Sign sponsors as stated on the pledge form, only more schwag) came out of the actual funds I brought in for donations. I would never have accepted it all if I knew my donations paid for it all. If I wanted I could have spent my own $200 dollars to purchase all that schwag to support the SDGA. I told my donators this was for the 2nd Harvest Food Bank, not for $200 in free stuff for myself. Had I known this I would have forgone all incentives offered and just had the checks made directly out to the 2nd Harvest Food Bank.

Maybe I don't understand fully how the fundraising works exactly as I am new to the scene... I understand all the fundraiser discs and clothing has to be paid for somehow, but NOWHERE did it say all my donations would be paying for the "Incentive GIFTS".

Am I wrong in my assumptions? Next time I would like a better explanation of how these functions work when so much money is on the line.
                              Amen
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Example of same

Another example of how the benefit to the sponsor or donor works has been employed at INWS events for years. Admittedly the tournaments are not charity fundraisers but here's how a simpler example of the same thing works;---
                                Player Hal Hyzer brings in a $250 sponsorship for the LCO. The pledge form says a player registration fee is included as an incentive for bringing in the $250. The cost of the player registration (let's say $65) is deducted from the $250 to cover that players contribution to the tournament purse, leaving $185 as the donor's value remaining for supporting the event in general.
                                To get the money to cover the cost of the player reg. fee from elsewhere would only require an addition fundraiser effort to cover it. The same applies to the Ice Bowl benefits to players that derive from sponsor pledges. Or to put it simply,'Where the hell else is it supposed to come from' Perhaps there is too much incentive being promised,;; Dana may have brought in the same pledges anyway? What's worse and far more common is that an incentive or benefit is promised and is never delivered.
                                Over the years Bob and those who have worked with him on the Ice Bowl have provided one of the singular bright spots of each DG season. Yes, he needs to clarify from time to time but the results are always food in mouths and monies for the operation of 2nd Harvest Food Bank. Gordy

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X