X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Member Initiative #1

A group of current SDGA members has put together a member initiative and asked me to disperse it to our membership.

This initiative addresses the growth of disc golf in Spokane and an idea that has been around for a couple of years.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

It's a good idea whos time has been a long time in coming
    rewindb.com

Comment

So who would be in charge of this new organization? How would design process go forward? Looks like changing horses in mid stream, is that the best plan?

Constant wrangling gets tough to listen to and it is hard to know who to trust.

Let me be clear, I hardly know anyone here and am not on anyone's side. I would like to see the Sekani property well used, I really like Disc golfing and am excited to see this project going forward.

Comment

Member Initiative #1

The initiative is a statement of goodwill. It's objective is to give Jeremy and Jeff what they want. If the Parks Dept. will accept them as the point men for a new DG Service Club, the SDGA will transfer to them it's right to undertake this project presuming our membership will give the initiative their stamp of approval at the next meeting. In the meantime Jeff, Jeremy, and myself have spoken to Parks officials about our common recognition of the need for an additional service club. In the meantime our Board is working on a letter or statement to the Parks Dept. to formally express this need and all the other benefits that come with having more involvement in our area. All of the conversations that have taken place between the involved parties has been 100% in mutual agreement. This is THE Win-Win proposition of the New Year. Hope you agree, Gordy

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
          It's objective is to give Jeremy and Jeff what they want.
          That's half true. As you point out later, it gives the controlling interests of the SDGA what they want as well: Jeff and Jeremy out of their hair. The agreement reads to me like a question of how much the SDGA is willing to pay to get rid of Jeff and Jeremy, and the answer is not much.

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
          This is THE Win-Win proposition of the New Year.
          Sure, its Win-Win for the parties involved in the agreement because it suits the political needs of both sides. The only people that might lose out are the Spokane golfers hoping to get a quality course in the ground soon.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

That sounds good, Gordy, but is not explicit in what is in initiative. Agreements like this are only as good as they are written and that one leaves lots of questions I would like to see answered in it before signing off.

I agree that the area is big enough for another group to flourish but how it is layed out in the beginning is important.

Comment

Originally posted by Dadio! View Post
              That sounds good, Gordy, but is not explicit in what is in initiative. Agreements like this are only as good as they are written and that one leaves lots of questions I would like to see answered in it before signing off.

I agree that the area is big enough for another group to flourish but how it is layed out in the beginning is important.
              Dadio, the Member Initiative is very explicit about what the SDGA is proposing. If SDGA members, the SDGA Board and the Parks Dept. agree to recognize a new disc golf service organization, management, design and installation of a new course(s) for disc golf at Camp Sekani will be turned over to the new organization. Once that organization has a club checking account the SDGA will transfer all Camp Sekani benefit funds we are holding to the new organization and the SDGA will pay for the first and last baskets on the course(s). If your questions are concerning what will happen after the proposed transfer you will have to direct those questions to the new club.

If you or anyone has questions about the initiative or the new club please post them here.

This initiative will likely be presented to the membership for a vote on Jan. 10, 2012 at the Candidates Forum.

We are trying to schedule a meeting with the Parks Dept for next week.
              Last edited by Wobbly Bob; January 5th, 2012, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I am torn on the idea. There are good and negatives to both sides of this and all I really care about is just getting a damn good course in the ground at Sekani. I don't really give two shiites about who does it. Just get it done.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Actually, who will this new club be? Does it come with people in Charge or will they be elected? When and How? I realize what it says, I get that part. It just seems to me there is alot unsaid. It will be hard for people to recognize something that doesn't exist yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dadio! View Post
                    Actually, who will this new club be? Does it come with people in Charge or will they be elected? When and How? I realize what it says, I get that part. It just seems to me there is alot unsaid. It will be hard for people to recognize something that doesn't exist yet.
                    At present, I believe that Jeff Crum and Jeremy Thornton would be the organizing people. As to club leadership selection methods, structure, when and how can not and should not be speculated upon by the SDGA. These are items that the new group will have to work out amongst themselves.

Once the initiative is approved, it would seem wise for them to establish the new service organization and start promoting it ASAP. The SDGA is working on a better way to facilitate getting a course in the ground at Camp Sekani than what is written in the initiative..

Comment

Bob becasue I am a mail in ballot and the election will be on the same night Can I note my preference on my ballot a my opinion be considered for this issue also?
                      rewindb.com

Comment

Baskets at Sekani

The authors of the SDGA Membership Initiative have rewritten Article C to further facilitate having baskets in the ground at Camp Sekani this year.

Gordy Crafts met with Jeremy Thornton, Jeff Crum, Monica Milstead, JD Peterson and Tyler Cadle yesterday to discuss expediting the installation of baskets at Camp Sekani. In an attempt to make this happen Article C in the Membership Initiative has been rewritten.

FROM;

Article C. The SDGA will support the NDGSO by sponsoring the baskets on Hole #1 andHole #18 on each course. Upon notification from the NDGSO that basket installation will commence on a given date, the SDGA will issue a check not to exceed $450.00 to the NDGSO for the basket and anchor on Hole #1. Once the SDGA is notified that the first nine disc golf holes are completed the SDGA will issue a check not to exceed $450.00 for the basket and anchor on Hole #18. Once the second nine holes are completed this procedure will be repeated for the second course.

TO;

Article C. The SDGA will lend the NDGSO up to 18 baskets and anchors for a period of up to 16 months. The 16 months will begin as soon as the SDGA provides these items. Beyond the 16 month lending period the NDGSO may continue to use the baskets and anchors at a stipend of $20 per month at the SDGA's option. The SDGA will supply it's own locks to secure these items during the lending period and/or during the option period. Upon return of these items it is agreed that they will be reasonably in their original condition. Finally, if the NDGSO elects to keep the anchors on loan, The SDGA will provide them at a cost of $10 apiece.

The revised document is attached here.

Comment

Mail in ballots,

Bob becasue I am a mail in ballot and the election will be on the same night, Can I also note my preference on my ballot and my opinion be considered for this issue ?
                          Q#1-Will the ndgco vote take place on ELECTION NIGHT??

Comment

Originally posted by tomw View Post
                            Bob becasue I am a mail in ballot and the election will be on the same night, Can I also note my preference on my ballot and my opinion be considered for this issue ?
                            Q#1-Will the ndgco vote take place on ELECTION NIGHT??
                            Tom, I believe that the Member Initiative will be addressed at the Candidates Forum on January 10, 2012. The election procedures and our Charter do not address write-in candidates or measures. If the Initiative is voted on election night you will need to be present to vote.

Comment

Where will the SDGA procure 18 baskets on lend>
                              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X