Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There have been two very reasonable propositions under Article C which make clear the measure's intent to support the new Club. The measure intends to make the scope of this support clear now so there is no confusion or misunderstanding in the future.
    Jeff and Jeremy are hard at it to get a lot of details relating to their new Club concept and their plans to get a course in the ground worked out in a surprisingly short time. I think they understand the importance of having a reasonable presentation for the Club at tomorrow night's meeting so that we have a fair idea of what and who we are approving.
    The SDGA is also prepared to move ahead on this project and will if that's how it goes. Personally I think this is a unique and rare opportunity to let something we've spoken of for years finally happen.
    The first element of the SDGA's commitment to foster the development of Jeff and Jeremy's project at Camp Sekani took place on the day the SDGA Membership passed the initiative. The money raised at the various fundraisers for Sekani was turned over to the DGU from the SDGA account.
    Now the second leg of support will be carried out. The eligible SDGA members who elected to have their 2012 SDGA Membership dues returned in order to support the new Disc Golf Service Organization will begin receiving their refunds as soon as this coming weekend. The DGU will be supplied with a list of these individuals so that they may work with them directly to receive their support.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
      There have been two very reasonable propositions under Article C which make clear the measure's intent to support the new Club. The measure intends to make the scope of this support clear now so there is no confusion or misunderstanding in the future.
      Jeff and Jeremy are hard at it to get a lot of details relating to their new Club concept and their plans to get a course in the ground worked out in a surprisingly short time. I think they understand the importance of having a reasonable presentation for the Club at tomorrow night's meeting so that we have a fair idea of what and who we are approving.
      The SDGA is also prepared to move ahead on this project and will if that's how it goes. Personally I think this is a unique and rare opportunity to let something we've spoken of for years finally happen.
      The first element of the SDGA's commitment to foster the development of Jeff and Jeremy's project at Camp Sekani took place on the day the SDGA Membership passed the initiative. The money raised at the various fundraisers for Sekani was turned over to the DGU from the SDGA account.
      Now the second leg of support will be carried out. The eligible SDGA members who elected to have their 2012 SDGA Membership dues returned in order to support the new Disc Golf Service Organization will begin receiving their refunds as soon as this coming weekend. The DGU will be supplied with a list of these individuals so that they may work with them directly to receive their support.
      So what was originally agreed was too simple that the SDGA would pass on the membership fee's to the new club... This more complicated angle is an interesting way to make it harder to figure out if people who intended to have their memberships forwarded to the new club. Instead of one check being written for say $220 so the new club knows that 9 people got refunded, the SDGA treasurer has chosen to come up with his own method of disguising payments due to Disc Golf Uprising. Thanks a ton from a small group of people who already have a bunch out their plate. I'm sure that your amended decision to pay DGU has been done through a unanimous club vote as the original agreement was voted on... Simple obstinance at it's finest!
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
        Neither Jeff nor I were told about this meeting or presentation. I just found it on this site today, 9 days later, so by saying you think that we understand the importance of this, you actually mean to say that by posting this post the day before this meeting you hope that we haven't been notified and don't show up. Well happy to oblige and I hope we can do it again someday. We look forward to getting the next check from the SDGA Your professionalism should be modeled throughout the country Gordy.
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

If an actual list had been presented at some point in the last 7 months then this post might have some merit. Our club is building a course and membership if you need a clearer picture of who and what our club is than think of some other flowery words to describe a club that does that and put them here...
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

As you can tell the SDGA obviously goes right "by the book" as Leslie stated previously..
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

4 out of 5

There were 5 eligible SDGA Members for the refund. 4 got theirs last weekend. The 5th is a member of Jeff's family so I will give it to Jeff when I give him the list. Gordy #21004

Comment

Count your blessings

Jeremy, I've been following this discourse silently from the sidelines with interest, but would like to toss out a few comments as food for thought. I thought it was very clear that I needed to decide BEFORE voting in the SDGA election if I wanted my 2012 membership payment to go to the new valley club instead. Seems that most people chose to vote and keep their SDGA membership at least for the time being. That does not preclude them from supporting the new DGU as well. There are several SDGA members who have also supported the North Idaho Disc Golf Club by purchasing a membership, for which I thank them. I am a NIDGC member who chose to support the SDGA as well. Sekani has many people excited, and I would think many would opt to support your efforts there - either with membership in your new club, or even more importantly by rolling up their sleeves and lending a hand with the extensive work that is needed to install a new course. Yes there were only a handful of people who opted to jump on board with your fledgling club with their 2012 membership fees, put try to put it into perspective: the SDGA committed to contribute $1800 toward baskets for your new course. That is equivalent to the funds from 90 annual memberships! In my book that is pretty generous. It won't be that long and it will be time for 2013 memberships, and everyone can choose where they want to place their support. I think that the course at Sekani is an exciting development, but the acrimony, sarcasm and antagonistic verbage that I read from the Disc Golf Uprising gives me pause about getting involved with your club. A more conciliatory approach might generate a more favorable response for you. Something to think about if you truly want to grow your base of support for the betterment of the DGU and the development of Sekani.
                Last edited by Rapid Fire Jack; August 5th, 2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Fire Jack View Post
                  Jeremy, I've been following this discourse silently from the sidelines with interest, but would like to toss out a few comments as food for thought. I thought it was very clear that I needed to decide BEFORE voting in the SDGA election if I wanted my 2012 membership payment to go to the new valley club instead. Seems that most people chose to vote and keep their SDGA membership at least for the time being. That does not preclude them from supporting the new DGU as well. There are several SDGA members who have also supported the North Idaho Disc Golf Club by purchasing a membership, for which I thank them. I am a NIDGC member who chose to support the SDGA as well. Sekani has many people excited, and I would think many would opt to support your efforts there - either with membership in your new club, or even more importantly by rolling up their sleeves and lending a hand with the extensive work that is needed to install a new course. Yes there were only a handful of people who opted to jump on board with your fledgling club with their 2012 membership fees, put try to put it into perspective: the SDGA committed to contribute $1800 toward baskets for your new course. That is equivalent to the funds from 90 annual memberships! In my book that is pretty generous. It won't be that long and it will be time for 2013 memberships, and everyone can choose where they want to place their support. I think that the course at Sekani is an exciting development, but the acrimony, sarcasm and antagonistic verbage that I read from the Disc Golf Uprising gives me pause about getting involved with your club. A more conciliatory approach might generate a more favorable response for you. Something to think about if you truly want to grow your base of support for the betterment of the DGU and the development of Sekani.
                  Spoken like a true gentlemen. Good post Jack. Well thought out and worded.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Fire Jack View Post
                    With the way the money has been rolling in from the SDGA so far that $1,800 that is due to be paid to DGU seems far from likely. Saying your club will be cut a check in March and then in August deciding that each individual will start getting individual checks builds zero confidence. I don't want to deal with any of this crap. I want to build a new course and begin pursuing the next one. I am not even a DGU spokesperson. I am an interested party of the disc golf community that wants to get a new course in the ground as soon as possible. The sarcasm is from a long line of crap being streamed from the other side..Don't like it. Maybe you can intervene. Their "by the book mentality" seems to be written and twisted like lawyers. It takes forever, nothing seems to follow what it was supposed to be, and is quite unproductive. That's why we are approaching the next membership year thinking we may finally receive some money for the previous year. Of course we aren't going to get what was promised but we'll just tow the line anyway. keep our heads down and not say a word, your humble course builders
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Bottom line, The SDGA is un-willing to write a $200ish check for membership money due to DGU and somehow DGU is supposed to count on and be thankful for $1,800 that is supposed to be given to them after everything is paid for and put in the ground? Insert smart a$$ comment here..
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                        Bottom line, The SDGA is un-willing to write a $200ish check for membership money due to DGU and somehow DGU is supposed to count on and be thankful for $1,800 that is supposed to be given to them after everything is paid for and put in the ground? Insert smart a$$ comment here..
                        again Mr Thorton read the member int a few posts up... if you have not already seen it then it goes like this...
                        "3. Once the DGU has an organization specific bank account the monies raised prior to this agreement
                        for Camp Sekani, held by the SDGA, will be transferred to the DGU.
                        4. Any 2012 SDGA members who wish to get their membership fee returned in order to support the
                        DGU may do so prior to exercising their SDGA voting rights.
                        Article C. The SDGA will support DGU by sponsoring four (4) baskets on the first course they install.
                        Upon notification from DGU that basket installation will commence on a given date, the SDGA will issue
                        a check not to exceed $450 toDGU for the cost of each of the four (4) sponsored baskets.
                        With the adoption of the motion above by the SDGAís Membership and its approval by the SDGA Board...

ALL membership monies was to GO back to the members who wanted to join the DGU no where in here does it say DGU WILL get the money .. again read bob`s post with the members int...

B.T.W
                        NOONE from either club signed the member int .....????? so PLEASE think ...

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Joe. I have talked to several who were at that meeting and the agreement was supposed to be that those who wanted their money forwarded to DGU could do so. There was an awful big spout on the reason that this hadn't happened was because the DGU didn't have an account. Why is it almost 7 months later and people are finally starting to get refunds? It's time to start collecting for next year so I guess the club misses out a bit. Oh well. SO by this agreement if we set a date to have the baskets installed by then the SDGA will issue a check to DGU? Seems simple to me. My fingers are crossed. Concrete pads will be poured on August 20th. All day. Any who have that Monday morning or evening or all day to come help will be welcome to show up and much appreciated!
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X