Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see
    Give a cash donation to buy baskets
    or
    Buy new baskets for Downriver and loan the current ones from there.
    rewindb.com

Comment

Personally I think the rental agreement is ok.

I remember when holes were built one at a time. It's interesting that the new Club (who should have a name by now) wants it all done for them financially.

I remember several times clearly hearing the new clubs founder had corporate sponsorship. Is that still the case or was it just smoke?
      rewindb.com

Comment

I think that there should be new baskets at both locations. Those Cool Shoes should be retired. They are wonderful but archaic
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

there will be another day no need to spend the all treasurey at once. 16 months is great and very attainable goal.
          rewindb.com

Comment

[QUOTE=LJ Jubner;112466

It's interesting that the new Club (who should have a name by now) wants it all done for them financially.

Jubbie,No one is trying to have everything taken care financially. There have been two very reasonable propositions under Article C which make clear the measure's intent to support the new Club. The measure intends to make the scope of this support clear now so there is no confusion or misunderstanding in the future.
            Jeff and Jeremy are hard at it to get a lot of details relating to their new Club concept and their plans to get a course in the ground worked out in a surprisingly short time. I think they understand the importance of having a reasonable presentation for the Club at tomorrow night's meeting so that we have a fair idea of what and who we are approving.
            The SDGA is also prepared to move ahead on this project and will if that's how it goes. Personally I think this is a unique and rare opportunity to let something we've spoken of for years finally happen. Gordy

Comment

I am very excited to help build two exciting disc golf courses, and a new Disc Golf Uprising to grow disc golf out in the Valley. The name of our proposed new club is, Disc Golf Uprising. There are two groups that this new group needs approval from, to get our feet underneath us. The SDGA club members will be asked to approve our handling Camp Sekani. After that, we have a meeting pending with the Parks department, to seek their approval. If both of these entity's approve our need to exist than we will be submitting grant application's and approaching local business owners about funding our disc golf courses. There will be business sponsorship forms available at the meeting tomorrow for anyone interested in helping raise money for Camp Sekani. There will also be a form if you are interested in joining to help build Camp Sekani. Thank you for your support,
              Jeremy Thornton
              Relax and enjoy your hair
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                I am very excited to help build two exciting disc golf courses, and a new Disc Golf Uprising to grow disc golf out in the Valley. The name of our proposed new club is, Disc Golf Uprising. There are two groups that this new group needs approval from, to get our feet underneath us. The SDGA club members will be asked to approve our handling Camp Sekani. After that, we have a meeting pending with the Parks department, to seek their approval. If both of these entity's approve our need to exist than we will be submitting grant application's and approaching local business owners about funding our disc golf courses. There will be business sponsorship forms available at the meeting tomorrow for anyone interested in helping raise money for Camp Sekani. There will also be a form if you are interested in joining to help build Camp Sekani. Thank you for your support,
                Jeremy Thornton
                I'll lend my support to a valley club.
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Please either start a thread here or somewhere to keep those of us out of town in the loop about the (proposed) new club. I am glad to see this is am amiable joint effort. :-)

PS Please stick with some sort of high visibility basket. The yellow Chastity belts may be a pain sometimes but are great to be able to spot.
                  Last edited by Dadio!; January 10th, 2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

It passed unanimously! I believe that there were 28 votes (don't quote me). The SDGA will be offering $1,800 in seed money up front to build disc golf at camp Sekani!! If, the Parks association approves the change...
                    Relax and enjoy your hair
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                      It passed unanimously! I believe that there were 28 votes (don't quote me). The SDGA will be offering $1,800 in seed money up front to build disc golf at camp Sekani!! If, the Parks association approves the change...
                      Hell yeah! When can we have member sign ups and board position appointments?
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

The 2012 Member Initiative passed unanimously last night after the Candidates Forum was finished. The Member Initiative was rewritten at the meeting and I'm presenting the version that was passed by the membership last night. Once the Spokane Parks Dept. recognizes the new organization, Disc Golf Uprising will be on it's way as the new disc golf service organization.

The Initiative is attached below.
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Thanks Bob! Anything else interesting happen for those of us on the wrong 1/2 of the state?

Comment

A Successful Meeting

Representatives from the SDGA, Gordy Crafts, Bob Perrewe, Joe Barnett and representatives of Disc Golf Uprising, Jeff Crum and Jeremy Thornton met this evening with Spokane Parks Dept. agents Taylor Bressler and Mike Aho. The purpose of this meeting was to seek SP&RD acknowledgement of the new disc golf club Disc Golf Uprising. The new organization has been recognized by the Parks Dept. and has been given the exclusive right to develop disc golf in Camp Sekani.

Congratulations and Good Luck to the new disc golf service organization Disc Golf Uprising.
                            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Yes, Congratulations are in order for both clubs and the greater Disc Golfing Community at large.
                              rewindb.com

Comment

Amazing!

Thanks to all that supported our efforts to get this going. We really appreciate it!

Romans 8:28

Sky Pilot
                                Rely on Me

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X