X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charter Review Committee

What did the charter review committee come up with at the last meeting?
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    What did the charter review committee come up with at the last meeting?
    I would like to see the documentation for all revisions presented
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I know that the committee met. Are there no reccomendations?
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Charter Review Committee

Three hours was not enough time to review the entire Charter and we will be meeting again in the future.

We talked about;

• Refining Board position definitions
        • Responsibilities of Board positions
        • Delete charity and national events from Mission Statement
        • Adding cooperate with other community organizations
        • Adding Sept. 1 as the date that new or lapsed members may sign up and get the next years membership included
        • Removing the entity membership from the membership clause
        • Defining Board, Open and Member meeting
        • Providing time for a member review of motions made to change the charter
        • Providing a quorum for current club members for voting on charter changes

We will be meeting again after the first of the year to continue the review.

The Board has not been informed of any Charter Review Committee recommendations yet.

I am not the Chairman of the CRC and would be out of line if I were to post any recommendations made by that committee.
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

I do have some video of the meeting but the files are HUGE.
          There are 4 files, each one is about 3.8Gb, and there is some Seahawks audio in the background.
          If anyone has a 16Gb thumb drive they are welcome to the lot.
          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
            I do have some video of the meeting but the files are HUGE.
            There are 4 files, each one is about 3.8Gb, and there is some Seahawks audio in the background.
            If anyone has a 16Gb thumb drive they are welcome to the lot.
            Justin, you could also upload the videos to youtube and post the links for all to easily see.

I am happy to get them from you and upload if you would like also.
            SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

Sounds like a stimulating soundtrack!
              It's Hawiian TIME!!!

Comment

Thanx simmeltron. I am currently running android internet.
                When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                  Thanx simmeltron. I am currently running android internet.
                  No problem. Not sure what you mean by android Internet however? Like Android OS?
                  SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

Trying another avenue

On December 30, I sent a message to Tim Nevins and all the Charter Review Committee Members to ask about resuming our meetings. The next day Tim proposed Thursday Jan 5th.

Everyone has responded except for Justin and Jeff. I'm unsure as to whether or not they are out of town or otherwise unavailable.

I would like to meet with everyone if possible. Justin and Jeff if you are reading this, please respond to the email or this post with your ability to attend or suggestions to reschedule.

I'm hopeful we can get some work done that includes contributions from the entire group so we can move forward with a proposal to the membership.

Thanks,
                    Lesli

Comment

Lesli, one person can come up with a proposal. Jeff isn't running again and I don't think you'll find him at anymore charter review meetings. As for Shrack he is in Global tournament limbo and I think you might have a hard time seeing him at any meetings in the near future. The nice thing here is that it doesn't matter if 2 or 20 meet. They are just recommendations and they don't mean squat, unless you can pull a 2/3irds majority vote which I can tell you from experience, ain't easy sister! How did the meeting go Les?
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Yoduh's response

Jeremy, I appreciate your response.

However, I agreed to be on a committee and generally the reason to pull a committee together is to take advantage of diverse pespectives. This is especially vital in our current polarized climate. I value my free time and want to put anytime I volunteer to good use.

If Justin and Jeff are no longer interested in serving on this committee that is fine. I just keep getting tripped up by the lack of communication we grant one another.

I heard the meeting was productive. I was ill and I did not attend.

Comment

It went okay. It would have been nice to have had more participation. I think we learned alot about how the current Charter serves us and potential opportunities for improvements.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X