X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly $$

I heard a rumor that no money has been collected from the parties running the SDGA weeklies at Downriver and highbridge over the last year or so... Is this true? Granted its not a whole lot of money, but i contributed lots of dollars to this cause and i do not appreciate hearing that my money may have gone into the td's gas tank or beer fund. If that is true i would like my money back from these individuals. Not because i need the 20 dollars, but on principle.

Originally posted by Nubin View Post
    I heard a rumor that no money has been collected from the parties running the SDGA weeklies at Downriver and highbridge over the last year or so... Is this true? Granted its not a whole lot of money, but i contributed lots of dollars to this cause and i do not appreciate hearing that my money may have gone into the td's gas tank or beer fund. If that is true i would like my money back from these individuals. Not because i need the 20 dollars, but on principle.
    Apparently the SDGA has been hijacked. Maka tried it a few years ago. Travelin' Travis gave it a go.
    Everyone thinks, "Here's a wonderful disc golf course, just sitting here, I think we'll jack the SDGA weeklies and WE'll decide what to do with the profits. Just because the SDGA built these courses, and maintains these courses, doesn't mean we should have to collect fees for them. They'll probably just waste it building more courses."

Check this site for updates on events held in the name of the SDGA, yet we saw ZERO funds from our courses.
    Here's a quote from their current calendar.

"Handicap League
    When
    Sun, December 11, 12:00pm – 3:30pm
    Where
    High Bridge Park (map)
    Description
    Cost $7: $5 Cash Payout, $1 Ace Pot, $1 League Pot
    www.Pindeep.com for more info"

Elsewhere they mention kicking down a donation to PINDEEP.COM, as if they've done anything for disc golf in this town.
    I'm pretty pissed.
    F*****G ingrates! Go build your own courses if you don't appreciate ours!
    Last edited by Stimpi; December 8th, 2011, 04:59 PM. Reason: left out something

Comment

Originally posted by stimpi View Post
      apparently the sdga has been hijacked. Maka tried it a few years ago. Travelin' travis gave it a go.
      Everyone thinks, "here's a wonderful disc golf course, just sitting here, i think we'll jack the sdga weeklies and we'll decide what to do with the profits. Just because the sdga built these courses, and maintains these courses, doesn't mean we should have to collect fees for them. They'll probably just waste it building more courses."

check this site for updates on events held in the name of the sdga, yet we saw zero funds from our courses.
      Here's a quote from their current calendar.

"handicap league
      when
      sun, december 11, 12:00pm 3:30pm
      where
      high bridge park (map)
      description
      cost $7: $5 cash payout, $1 ace pot, $1 league pot
      www.pindeep.com for more info"

elsewhere they mention kicking down a donation to pindeep.com, as if they've done anything for disc golf in this town.
      I'm pretty pissed.
      F*****g ingrates! Go build your own courses if you don't appreciate ours!
      yes stimpi there are these types of ppl out there.. But i do think the link belongs to justin shrack so if i were you i would ask him ??

Comment

Was it advertized as an event benefiting the SDGA? If not, then I'd imagine the proceeds can go anywhere as long as the people running the event were up front about where the funds were headed.

I know that I always advertized my events as 5$ to the payout, 1$ to the ace pot, 1$ to the SDGA, and optional buy-in for the CTP once I ran out of free stuff to give away.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Wow... So you think Maka did huh? Was that before or after he became the SDGA president? Was this before or after he paid an acepot out of his own pocket because the SDGA had not provided him with the pot. We should really check our rumors before they get reported as facts. The last I saw on this Forum, Shrack had reported that he had monies and also was going to figure out the rest with the club. Hardly a low life bleeping ingrate but who cares, it's just good people's reputations your dragging through the mud, continue.....
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I think that Shrack's pending monies/schwag for the club was for the Global Disc Golf Tournament, and not any weeklies.

I think he helped run some weeklies for the club after I left off and then decided to do his own thing at some point later. My understanding is that Cody Miller was running the club weeklies.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Inland NW discgolf

One crusty has lots to write regarding his personal feelings, and the wasted use of others who attempt promoting discgolf in Spokane. Why so harsh Steve? Mud kicker boots optional

Comment

What's the big deal?

Originally posted by tomw View Post
                One crusty has lots to write regarding his personal feelings, and the wasted use of others who attempt promoting discgolf in Spokane. Why so harsh Steve? Mud kicker boots optional
                I'll tell you Tom, and you probably don't have these troubles in NI, but we have people here, running SDGA weeklies, collecting money, all summer, and haven't turned in a dime. And none of them will step up and even say why, or if they even care.
                If we had run our events like this from the beginning, there wouldn't be a club, much less a treasury, much less new courses. That's how we built Downriver, and High Bridge. Not with big sponsorship money, but from the couple of dollars made at weeklies, and tournaments.
                i've been in the club since early on, and I'm shocked that club members are keeping club money for their own uses.
                We entrusted the running of our club events to a couple of people, and that was the last we saw of funds coming in.
                How would you feel? No big deal?
                To me, it's a big breach of trust and integrity, as much as the few dollars it brings in. But without a treasury there is no club, and no new courses, etc.
                And without trust, you can already see what it does to our ability to communicate and get things done. Now you can see why we're having such a hard time getting along, over here.
                So how do you work with people that you can't trust?

Comment

From my end:
                  I ran a few event for the SDGA during the spring and turned in all funds.
                  Cody also ran multiple events and 'as far as i know' also turned in funds.

More recently I ran a Fall Handicap League without SDGA affiliation.
                  I updated the League Pot and Standings online every week and announced it at each event.
                  All funds that were collected ($1 a round) were then payed out at League Finals.

The total payout for the League ended up being $100, payed out to the top 3 places in the League.
                  (1st-John Boyko, 2nd-Maka Johnson, 3rd-Cody Miller)

More recently I have been running $6 weekend rounds.
                  ($5 toward payout, $1 toward ace pot: currently sitting at $133)
                  When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                    I'll tell you Tom, and you probably don't have these troubles in NI, but we have people here, running SDGA weeklies, collecting money, all summer, and haven't turned in a dime. And none of them will step up and even say why, or if they even care.
                    If we had run our events like this from the beginning, there wouldn't be a club, much less a treasury, much less new courses. That's how we built Downriver, and High Bridge. Not with big sponsorship money, but from the couple of dollars made at weeklies, and tournaments.
                    i've been in the club since early on, and I'm shocked that club members are keeping club money for their own uses.
                    We entrusted the running of our club events to a couple of people, and that was the last we saw of funds coming in.
                    How would you feel? No big deal?
                    To me, it's a big breach of trust and integrity, as much as the few dollars it brings in. But without a treasury there is no club, and no new courses, etc.
                    And without trust, you can already see what it does to our ability to communicate and get things done. Now you can see why we're having such a hard time getting along, over here.
                    So how do you work with people that you can't trust?
                    So no retort on Maka huh?
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Maka's old news, and I thought he finally came around to understand the use of club courses, but maybe not as he, John, and Cody, are profiting from the Handicap League.
                      I think it's odd that they don't feel any obligation to the organization that built and maintains the courses.
                      There's $100 that should have been to the club.

Comment

I find it interesting that as far as generating funds for the club (and it's efforts) weeklies amount to about 40% of that total.

Didn't Make a lower the club fee from $2 to $1?

So to say the club does not deserve it's cut, I say remove the club baskets and let em throw at trees
                        rewindb.com

Comment

If the club feels like setting up weeklies and consistently running them, please do!!!

Until then, please consider that GOLFERS are stepping up (without seeking profit) to help assimilate competitive disc golf into the Spokane community.

When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Jub, the club already paid for the baskets by doing these fundraisers. Why don't you go throw at trees?
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The club paid for the equipment via collecting disc golfers money's
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X