X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawian Ryan View Post
    Psychodwarf? The answer is in the name!! He could never win an election! I have a $1,000 donation to the SDGA if Joe wins an actual election to become a board member. This is a fricken joke! I have never seen a guy so wasted at a night round in my entire life!!! That he is running?? He is representing us?? I am really sorry to say, I don't know anyone who is more widely disliked in our community!!! How do you expect him to get people to give the club money when nobody wants to talk to him and nobody trusts him!?
    That's putting your money where your mouth is!! We could use some money as a club, especially since our treasurer didn't see it important to write out a contract to loan/give $1,000 away..
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Jeff and Lyle voted against Joe. Bob and Gordy voted for Joe, the appointed Jon emailed his vote for Joe in.
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Joe, this has to suck on your end. I feel for you. It sucks when people hold things that you did in the past against you. I know you have done a lot at Downriver that is very appreciated! My feelings on this is that our club should elect it's members. That the board should appoint somebody until the next election, than there should be an election. The board has made it so any decision they make overrides the club, and that they get to appoint whom they feel best serves them. Doesn't seem like the best way to represent the club.
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Charter Suggestion

When we reconvene the Charter Review Committee, this is one area I would like to address.

It is reasonable and efficient for the Board to appoint a replacement to a position that has less than 3 months left in its term. Continuity must be maintained and there are too many duties to be absorbed by other board members if there is a vacancy.

However, I will propose that vacated positions with 3 or more months remaining in their term are subject to a special election by the membership. It is very important that the wishes of the majority of the membership are represented as much as possible in every action and decision of the Board.

Comment

I agree, Leslie. I'm glad you're on the Charter Review Committee.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

WHINNERS !!!!!!!

ok people i hate to break all your hearts and dreams but I DIDNT want this post ... but no one else did.. i am only here for the rest of the term then someone else can have it ... i have been dumping the garbage at downriver for 3 years and buying the cans and replacement bags out of my own pocket ,i have also tried to start a yearly glo tourny to help raise money for the club and what do i get for donating over 1300 hrs just last year and over $200 for equipment and stuff and THIS is what i get ... THANKS FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT FROM THE DISCGOLF COMMUNITY... Makes me glad i dont know most of you personal because your childish actions i am wondering if i should take the $120 ace pot from MY glo nights and go have some FUN because you ALL seem to ENJOY in the destructive nature of creating ALOT OF DRAMA out of nothing... so again SPOKANE DISC GOLFERS THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HATE AND CHILDISH TANTRAMS YOU ALL HAVING AND POINTING IT AT ME !!!!!!

Comment

Can u see it? They want puppets. The whole thing has become personal to them, and it makes me sick. This is supposed to be about making the sport grow. Its supposed to be about fun. Its supposed to be about a sense of community. Shame on you! Come on, really!? You appointed Joe!? I cant wait for the next meeting/puppet show.

Comment

I'm sure that people are really going to take seriously the comments of three people that registered just to post in this thread complaining about Joe.
                  We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Tim Vache wants the job, Joe doesn't... seems like a simple fix to me.
                    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                      I'm sure that people are really going to take seriously the comments of three people that registered just to post in this thread complaining about Joe.
                      LYLE .. IS NOT THE 3 YAHOO`S that are bugging me its the 12 other e-mails saying how much i am hated by the DISCGOLF COMMUNITY. .. some children on this forum just have no common sense and feel the need to show everyone how small minded they are ...i have been a paid club member for over 3 years AND i have helped staff more then 1 tourny ..and yet the BEST thing about THIS club is all the HATE AND NEGATIVE people that live here !!!!

Comment

Process vs Person

Just to be clear...my comments were aimed at the process...not the person.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
                          When we reconvene the Charter Review Committee, this is one area I would like to address.

It is reasonable and efficient for the Board to appoint a replacement to a position that has less than 3 months left in its term. Continuity must be maintained and there are too many duties to be absorbed by other board members if there is a vacancy.

However, I will propose that vacated positions with 3 or more months remaining in their term are subject to a special election by the membership. It is very important that the wishes of the majority of the membership are represented as much as possible in every action and decision of the Board.
                          This issue was brought up at the last club meeting. The Charter change was that the board could replace somebody in March that had only been in office for 3 months. That position would remain the replacements for the rest of the year. The club would then elect someone (could be the replacement) to serve the last year of the term. Tim objected to this because the charter committee hadn't talked about it yet. We had a vote and 13 people voted for it to change and 7 voted against it. So it did not change because the charter requires a 2/3 majority vote to change it.

I have a hard time understanding how a regular club member would vote against voting for who they want in office. It seems like the board may have to pick somebody in a pinch and that person may, or may not be the best person for the job. After a few months it would be a perfect time to analyze how that job has been filled and ALSO that person may decide they don't want to do it anymore and choose not to run. In this exact case Joe does have A LOT on his plate! I could not do what he is doing! If I had a baby that was hanging on to life and a shoulder that didn't allow me to write (or disc golf) with my regular hand. I would never commit to the stress of dealing with this extremely tough situation. It's going to take a lot of time and effort for the next few months to be a board member!
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

You can check with Lyle to verify the vote, there were 9 no votes.
                            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                              This issue was brought up at the last club meeting. The Charter change was that the board could replace somebody in March that had only been in office for 3 months. That position would remain the replacements for the rest of the year. The club would then elect someone (could be the replacement) to serve the last year of the term. Tim objected to this because the charter committee hadn't talked about it yet. We had a vote and 13 people voted for it to change and 7 voted against it. So it did not change because the charter requires a 2/3 majority vote to change it.

I have a hard time understanding how a regular club member would vote against voting for who they want in office. It seems like the board may have to pick somebody in a pinch and that person may, or may not be the best person for the job. After a few months it would be a perfect time to analyze how that job has been filled and ALSO that person may decide they don't want to do it anymore and choose not to run. In this exact case Joe does have A LOT on his plate! I could not do what he is doing! If I had a baby that was hanging on to life and a shoulder that didn't allow me to write (or disc golf) with my regular hand. I would never commit to the stress of dealing with this extremely tough situation. It's going to take a lot of time and effort for the next few months to be a board member!
                              i thank you for the concern jeremy but i am very well capable to do the job i was given ...and my baby is NOT "hanging on to life " she is thriving and getting bigger and i CAN write and i CAN play golf (just have to do it with my left hand ) and i have been a board member just not in this club ..so please enlighten me on HOW this "job " will be so stressful and extremely tough ???? and as for you not being able to go thru what i am dealing with ... all i can say to that is " life is compilcated enjoy it how it comes "
                              Last edited by psychodwarf; December 18th, 2011, 10:29 PM. Reason: fine print !!

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
                                i thank you for the concern jeremy but i am very well capable to do the job i was given ...and my baby is NOT "hanging on to life " she is thriving and getting bigger and i CAN write and i CAN play golf (just have to do it with my left hand ) and i have been a board member just not in this club ..so please enlighten me on HOW this "job " will be so stressful and extremely tough ???? and as for you not being able to go thru what i am dealing with ... all i can say to that is " life is compilcated enjoy it how it comes "
                                I am happy to hear she is doing well!!!! I know it must be tough though still. Keep your head up man!
                                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X