X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 SDGA Facility Coordinator's Campaign Thread

Candidates for the office of SDGA Facility Coordinator are invited to campaign and post their platforms here on this thread.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Tim Vache

I have to admit i was caught a little bit off guard in accepting the nomination for facilities coordinator. I fear i may have been a little bit hasty in my acceptance. Oh well, i am positive i can fill the position.

I have been in the landscape construction business for 4+ years now so i know how to work hard, and how to build just about anything on the course you may want...(pavers, retaining walls etc.). I have good organization skills so i think i would be able to oversee and assist many people at a work party, and i also have lots of friends in the disc golf community that would probably want to come down and do their part for our courses. I hope to get work parties a little bit bigger than the 3 or 4 people that show up to all of them.

I have been playing disc golf for 6+ years now, and have done my fair share of travelling and playing other courses, including A tier tournaments, National Tour Events, and even the United States Disc Golf Championship. I understand this does not make me any more qualified than anyone else, but i know what good courses look like. I have some ideas regarding Downriver and High Bridge to make them both more challenging and more exciting to play either for casual rounds or tournament play, (without moving any baskets or pads).

I feel that i am an impartial observer of both the Club itself and our Board of Directors. I have my own opinions. I do not make my decisions based on what other people are leaning toward, and will not allow myself to be pushed around. I have a level head and like to think things through before acting or speaking.

My overall goal for the SDGA is to have a solid club without any of the backstabbing and bickering that we all see going on. I want the Board to listen to its members, and not make arbitrary decisions without any input from its members. The Board is to be a group of individuals speaking on behalf of the SDGA, not making decisions on what is best for the board but for the club as a whole.

So in short, vote for Tim Vache for Facilities Coordinator

Comment

Hell yeah Tim. Well played. Especially the last paragraph. Bravo.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X