X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 SDGA President's Campaign Thread

Candidates for the office of SDGA President are invited to campaign and post their platforms here on this thread.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

I started these campaign threads for one reason, so that the Candidates could post their platforms and that members could become better informed about who and what these candidates are about.

Jeff and Tim have yet to accept their nominations for President and thus are not candidates yet.

After a candidate has posted something here would be the logical time for the public to post questions to the candidates or make intelligent statements.

If all you are going to do is sling mud, please do it on another thread.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

I Jeremy Thornton, accept the Nomination for SDGA President. I am very focused on promoting the growth and the development of disc golf in this area. I can clearly envision two brand new courses at Camp Sekani and that vision is completely entrenched in what I have found the overwhelming amount of disc golfers to want for our city. While I realize that this isn't the main job of the SDGA president, I do acknowledge that leadership must be provided to ensure the focus of the clubs efforts.

I have been communicating with the president of the Fat Tire mountain bike club's president. We talk and text about a number of issues that we are working on. I have a very clear picture on what needs to be done in order to have a positive and fun place for bikers, disc golfers and walkers at Camp Sekani. This picture's details have the proper flow of one of our new courses, but the details of teepad and pin placements is still up in the air. I am interested in having a design contest from club members or groups of club members. It is important to have different eyes looking at a piece of land and to have people involved in what will get play for decades. The more we include others in the design, the more that will be interested in actually doing the work. The more golfers take some real pride into what they have built, the better! I would like to have each hole assigned to 2 or 3 golfers and to enable them to do what they see fit to make their hole as unique and as memorable as possible. The details are what make a course and a hole memorable. Our club members can fill those in, so that they radiate to everybody that plays our courses!!

I also wish to help address the short comings of the SDGA Charter. As a board member I will within a very small group, have limitless decision making ability's. I would like to see the club involved more and have the limits in place on club members be addressed:
      1. I think that club members should elect their own representatives, the SDGA board can replace them, until the next official election.
      2. If the club votes to accomplish something or makes a decision on an issue that issue should stick. I do not think that the board should be able to run over the club and do as it chooses. There are certain cases where the club has met and made a decision and the information that led to this decision changes. If the board decides that the decision is no longer the best for our club it would need 4 or 5 out of 6 board member votes (similar to the 2/3 majority vote needed to change the charter).
      Club decisions should carry some weight, especially since they only are mandated to meet 4 times a year by the charter.

Another issue I wish to address as SDGA president is the lets take 6 months off mentality, that has been a part of our board's culture for the last 3 or 4 years. I am a very busy disc golfer. I own a landscaping business and I tour rather extensively. These two activity's take a lot of my time during the late spring and summer months but I still do not see the need to neglect our goals of growing disc golf in our area. Using emails and the telephone and at least a bi monthly meeting schedule, we can easily accomplish 200% more than what has been done during these months. A big part of this is empowering our club members again. We have great club members that need to be reached out to, set up, and counted on to help make us better. We have the resources to continue growth, we just need access them!

I have been talking with a group of valley Eagle Scouts. They are on board with doing the work to fundraise and install the teepads and the erosion control that needs to happen at Sekani. That allows us to save money and to spend our money on baskets!

I will do my best to lead our community towards the growth that we have been working towards. By leading new fundraising efforts and helping to access all of our community's resources, we can grow disc golf to make it a major part of our region's identity!
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Okay...I'll run.

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
        Candidates for the office of SDGA President are invited to campaign and post their platforms here on this thread.
        I have decided to accept the nomination for SDGA President. The job is not an easy task and my first thoughts about doing the deed stopped me from immediately accepting the nomination. After much reflection, I feel confident I could serve.

What you need to know about me... I am crazy about disc golf and the disc golf community. The etiquette of the game and the sense of fair play it creates is the magical stuff that allows a wildly disparate group of folks to come together, play, compete and celebrate their wins and losses in a way that is rare to find anywhere else these days. I love watching your game - maybe more than I enjoy throwing my own plastic. If it wasn’t for disc golf, my world would be much smaller.

There is chatter out there that I may be some sort of “Board Nazi” out to create some iron fisted rule of law that disallows the membership from participating in club business. The truth is, I believe in a structured, transparent, and responsible board system of representation that is ultimately accountable to the membership. That means everyone counts...if you don’t think you count, or can’t muster up the conviction to offer up constructive input – you might want to find some other sport or cause to champion. If you want to blame the 10 percent of members that do 90 percent of the work, please do not vote for me – I am not interested in your support and will only disappoint you. Be honest about who you are, temper your voice, be willing to “pay it forward” and step up when you are asked to contribute. Don’t assume that just because you pay your “20” that you have nothing to offer. Don’t sit back and expect to take a “mulligan” - realize I will be calling you out to take the next step!

I think there are a lot of frustrated past and present members out there that will not support the Club in any fashion. Some of their grievances are reasonable and need to be addressed. Some are plain nonsense, rooted in old-bad history, disillusionment, and resentment. Let’s end the rancor, divisive talk and disrespect that has crept into our community. Let’s get beyond it…we have work to do!

I believe we would benefit from a series of “Board Orientation/Workshops” (members highly encouraged to participate) to establish expectations for civil discourse, responsibilities of governance and understandable rules of order necessary for any Board to be successful. I have seen enough instances of frustrated Board members with good intentions enter into secret agreements, circumvent established roles and step out of the light of reason and objectivity. I know none of these folk to be bad people – in fact; we have had some truly visionary leaders who sadly, “walked off a course that was not well laid out.” The current Charter is a part of the problem and needs to be addressed, but I am starting to see that there is no way for our Charter to be “amended” into a state of health given the way we are conducting ourselves at the present time. I do not envision many Charter initiatives that will end well until we recoup a sense of civility and order back into our interactions.

Disc Golf is growing and so is the business of disc golf. We all have a responsibility to behave in a manner that reflects positively on our sport and the good will it is intended to promote. The public is watching and our public courses exist through public tolerance and ongoing acceptance. Time to grow.

What you can expect from me. According to our current Charter, the President acts as advisor and coordinator of the efforts of the board. What that means to me is that I would assure that any Board agenda represents the business of the Membership accurately and completely. That means that if a Member has an issue or question of the Board it gets addressed. I would be responsible to conduct Membership/Board meetings, forums or discussion in a fashion that protects the integrity of the Charter, previous passed motions and/or established business of the Association. I see the job as keeping every matter of Membership business on track and understandable. You can expect transparency and accountability. You can expect me to challenge any disrespect or circumvention of established Board authority. You can also expect I will not enter into agreements conduct (or withhold) any business outside of Board knowledge and approval, nor will I ever condone this behavior from another Board Member or appointee. You can expect me to share with others everything I learn in the course of my term – even if it makes me look stupid. I will pass on ANY lessons I have learned to the next Board elect so that we foster a continuing tradition of leadership and selfless service.

I get an occasional good idea and there are other things I could fill in if you have a mind to ask. Take care and remember to vote. I can’t tell you how much it means to folks running for these offices to see a great turn out. When you all step up and cast a ballot it feels fairer to the loser and gives the winner some assurance that they just didn’t do the "dumbest" thing in the world…! See you on the course. As usual, I aim to get as much time out there as I can before I have to go to work!

Tim N.

Comment

Club member's and those considering joining the sdga,
          Tim is an extremely nice guy. My only frustrations with him are that he doesn't seem to carry his own voice and guidance in what he see's as best for our sport. Maybe the reason for this, is because his experience is extremely limited. I did not have a strong voice when I first became a club member in 2000 and started going to club meetings in 2001.. 3 years later after having traveled extensively, and after running many fundraisers and digging and scraping our courses out of the soil. I started to feel like my say counted. Tim has 3 years of casual golfing experience. He has played some local events and is well liked by most golfers... He hasn't expressed real opinions though. He hasn't stood for what's right in his mind. A real leader stands for what's right from their experience, and also takes in the group consensus, and than represents whatever the group decides. A strong voice based on professional disc golf experience is something few in this area actually have. Even fewer are willing to join the board. Tim has a very demanding job in real life. He is very smart. He is a solid person. I value his opinions and what he can become as a club member and possibly as a board member. His experience in disc golf, and his lack of actually accomplishing things in our community is where he falls short of being the best candidate for the position of SDGA President in my opinion.

It is time for action club members. WE CAN BUILD IT! Show up to the next club meeting on the 10th of January! Sign up using sdga.us. Mail in your ballots!!!! Sean Johnson, Tim Vache, and myself Jeremy Thornton, have a deep down hunger to get results. We can accomplish! We want to empower our club members! We have young men's backs and energy. We have more than enough experience to make decisions that are good for our community! We have great relationships with people in our community. I own a landscaping business, tntyardworks.com. Tim Vache has loads of landscaping experience as well and he really wants to give back to the sport that has taken him all around the country! Sean Johnson is very wise and has really shown a strong ability to analyze a situation. He skillfully and accurately navigates both sides issues, all the while helping to come up with the most common sense approach to solving the problem at hand.
          Disc golf in this town needs to hit the next level. We are READY. All I ask is you do what you can to help!
          1. Get your membership
          2. VOTE!!!!
          These are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
          OPTIONAL
          3. Come to a meeting
          4. Show up for a work party!!
          5. Find out what you can do at the course, form your own work party (with Course facilitator guidance) and make our courses better!
          6. Play a trash round, pick up garbage you see during a fun round!
          7. Bring a new business sponsor to help us fund our new courses
          8. Go to a weekly
          9. Run a weekly
          10. Write a letter to the parks department about how much disc golf is appreciated in Spokane and how we need to have more areas opened for development! The more enthusiasm and passion our golfers show, the more we are going to get!! The more involved, the more pride that is visible on our courses, the better!!!

Things on my list of what needs to happen
          1. Teepads need to be framed, filled in with 3/8 in crushed gravel, leveled. Compacted to the max! This means machinery! If our teepads were built properly in the beginning they would not be torn and wearing as bad as they are. The anchors (bolts in the ground) should be 2 inches from the edge of the pads and one more set needs to be added to each side. Specific instructions from the manufacturers have been ignored. I helped with these installations but I merely followed my instructions. It is sad to see $100 per teepad dissolve well before it was intended to.
          2. A grant needs to be written to underwrite the building of Camp Sekani. The deadline is February 5th. I have the paperwork already. I am in the process of filling it out. We can get $10,000 for building our COURSES. The organization that gives out these grants only has money to give out on certain years. This happens to be one of them. We can help mitigate a huge expense on our side and build disc golf with excavators and proper heavy duty, long lasting materials like concrete and rocks. Sand blasting teesigns and making our new courses as natural as possible will help make a low impact and a long lasting professional feel that we can enjoy for years to come. My landscaping business motto is, "Build it write the first time, enjoy the results for a long time!"
          3. Give the club it's power back! The golfers in the Spokane area have a huge wealth of skills and knowledge that could quite easily tackle the largest projects! I know a great deal of these Out of Touch Club Members. These OTCM's need to be reached. They have grown weary of the politics and the drawn out inaction of our organization. I have never known a town to be so divided and so inactive. If the club members vote for something the board can easily vote to do what it see's fit. I think it should be two thirds majority vote from the board to go over the club's head. The absolute power that the board wields has allowed very few to make assertions that the "club has been circumvented" when in fact, the club was never present to make such assertions. The real problem here is that the club is being circumvented by board. They will have you believe that somehow the club recognized this as the best way when the charter was first written. This is not the case. The existing Charter was presented at the end of long club meeting and was passed with almost no discussion. Not really the best way to start out an organization, give one small group the power, and the large group the responsibility of paying for memberships and voting. If you read our forum and compare it to others. You may see why people have tuned out. I myself have been guilty of getting to fired up. I have taken mistakes as personal. I have been picked at, lied about and had rumors spread against me that carry no truth or merit. I am over stinging comment's, I will never question someone's man hood because of my own mistakes. I own my faults, I learn from them, I move on. I have learned how valuable these forum's can be and how detrimental they are if used incorrectly. When I am frustrated, I write all the problems out in full strength. I then comb them over to make sure that negative issue's are minimal, and what we can do is prime! I realize that when I speak in person I do not treat people disrespectfully. On the keyboard there is nothing stopping me from venting. I am stopping myself. It's time to present what's best for our group. To put our best foot forward and start bringing our club members back into the mix! Positive energy must be the norm amongst our fellow golfer's. Together we are strongest!
          4. To push for more disc golf! Gordy, has said that there are 18 good holes at Sekani. He believes that they start at going up the hill and do not come down to the lower side, except to finish out. There are 2 other board members that do not vote against Gordy, (Bob, Jon Verbarg). I have built Championship disc golf courses and played on several in my 16 years of disc golf. I promise that there is one family friendly, mountain bike friendly, 18 hole course with something for every skill level course on the lower, more accessible area of Sekani. The snow melts quite rapidly during the winter and there is plenty of shade during the summer, the wind is shielded quite well in this area. There is another, par 60-66 Championship disc golf course waiting to be etched into the side of the beacon. This hill is formidable and will make our local serious players into battle tested, seriously strong disc golfers! That hill is not for 40% of our community and during our warm summers it is not for 60% of our community, nor will it be playable for winter time play. This hill is where Gordy see's our only course being designed. This is from what he has mentioned several times, including at the last meeting to interview for the course facilitator's. There are more projects that I want to accomplish. I think we need a couple of 6 to 9 hole courses that promote family play. Grant writing could possibly open up the doors for plenty of new course installations in our area.
          People's park. This area has been put on the back burner because of lack of interest from the Native Americans who have been on this land for thousands of years. My Great Grandma is pure native. She is 98 years old and as sharp as a tack. She said that she would go with me to speak with the tribe about building a course at People's. She recommended that I bring discs to give to the people and to volunteer to design a course for the people of the reservation. I would organize and teach a free clinic for them as well. She said that the folks that live up there lack fun, cheap recreation to help pass the time and enjoy nature the way disc golf does. I am more than willing to drive up there and to volunteer my time if it opens more doors for our community to enjoy more disc golf.

I love disc golf. I will do what it takes to see that we get to enjoy as much as possible, and that our courses show how much pride we have in our sport! Every month of the year is a good time to grow our sport. I want to accomplish at least 2 things a month in our area. We have a large base of people that could be very active. It's time to bring them on board and get it going!
          Yours in Disc,
          Jeremy Thornton
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Well, I think Jeremy is a nice guy, too! We are fortunate to have him as a member of our disc golf community. He is gracious and generous in his dealings with those new to the sport and others wanting to take their game a step forward. I have marveled at his disc golf skills and benefitted from his generosity in sharing the things that have made him a top level performer in our sport. He has earned my respect and admiration for his passion and dedication for the game. We could do much worse, and honestly have, with past elected representatives in this position. It is not the fault of any individual, past or present that we are where we are where we are at the present time – but it is time to move forward. We are simply maturing and growing. We are at a time in the evolution of our sport where you have a significant influence in the choice of the direction our sport grows and legacy you leave for future players. The question is: do you want to move in a direction that is continually at odds with itself or are you ready to start fresh and let go of past resentments and perceived disappointment?
            So let me correct and clarify some things posted about me. I am old – 56 plus change. I am one of the eldest of 13 brothers and sisters. I cannot recall a moment of my upbringing where I was not attending to someone else’s needs or concerns in tandem with my own. I did the same in my military service, training how other to do their work in interesting circumstances. I lived hard for the times and experienced strange and miraculous things. Subsequently, I worked in the trades for years (Oil, Chemical, and Atomics). I quit that line of work (and a comfortable early retirement by now!) to pursue a different degree and profession where I could pay forward and give back some of what I felt I had gained through my undeserved good fortune. Yeah, probably stupid…
            I have been married to the same woman for a long, long, time, raised three children and buried one. I played my first round of “chained” disc golf in 1979 in Tustin, CA. I attended the first World Disc Golf Championships and marveled at the talents of “Ashley Whippet” and many other legends of the game. I DO have picture proof (my deceased oldest daughter and me where I am wearing the 1979 “Worlds” shirt and a full head of hair, priceless!). I was a 30-60 mile a week runner for many years (bad hips now), solo free climbed unsuccessfully with a passion (documented medical records) and rode motorcycles fast and furious with all sorts of people (more medical records). I rediscovered disc golf in the late 80’s in Southern California for a short period of time and then found my way back to the course about 6 years ago (not the “3” Jeremy states). I have played terribly as a pro for the past 2 years and won multiple amateur competitions prior to that. I keep my PDGA and SDGA and Official’s cards current because I think it is important –but not because I agree with everything either organization does.
            I have been a part of many work parties and did what I could to improve our courses over the years. I recall Jeremy at some and not at most…we could easily have worked on the same amount over the past few years and not noticed each other. Yes, Gordy and Bob (among others you might not get along with) are my friends, we disagree often, and we work through it and move on. I likely consider most of those reading this post a friend and am willing to do the same work I do with Bob and Gordy. I don’t expect my friends to be saintly – (nor me to them, I hope). I am not easily frightened or intimidated by anyone. If needed, I can fake it well enough. I have hired many and fired scores of people in a long professional career. I know how to run a day to day business and understand how to make that work. Currently, I work with the mentally ill and assist a staff of 150 plus to care for these folk years in and year out. They call me the boss where I work, but my mind says that I work for them.
            I have formed more friendships and warm acquaintances playing disc than I could ever have imagined! I am getting old enough to know that I will not live forever and have no time to get involved in petty squabbles. I will listen to you and your views as long as it makes sense or until you run out of air -no sweat! It is what I do best.
            Jeremy seems to hint at the idea that I don’t have the vision or focus to represent the Membership. What I think is that you have a choice between two different approaches to how you reach the end of the course. For instance, Jeremy and Jeff Crum’s last posts on the forum include what are essentially endorsements for nominees for open Board positions. I believe this is inappropriate and unproductive. It is not only unfair – (especially coming from Jeff’s position as a current elected official) but can result in people voting a “ticket” type of measure when in actuality nothing of the sort exists. These positions are distinct and separate deserving your scrutiny based on individual talents, abilities and merits. “Ticketing” can back fire (It is the, “I don’t like Jeremy so I won’t vote for Sean” type stuff we need to get over) or results in a suspicious or resentful Board if the “ticket” does not get voted in intact. I say, Lobby to your heart’s content outside of the public forum but keep the forum airwaves clear for people to do their own thinking. These are the types of things that tear organizations apart and create suspicion and resentment. We all want level playing field when we hit the course.
            I like the competition with others but I realize that the biggest challenge is my own head and the true mark of my game is the quality of the time I spend with those I am playing with. In the end we turn in our cards to be scored but what makes it most memorable is the good will we create together.
            Sekani will happen. It is the clearest business type project to come our way if we do it right. The key word, “partnerships”.
            People’s was dead on arrival as a full 18, period. Unless we are looking at a 9 hole putt and play in the front for the community we should think about moving on, permanently and forever. The failure was more a Parks and Rec miscue than anything else. The motive for Parks and Rec for having us there felt faulty and I said so publicly from the very beginning. I don’t automatically give my trust to anyone at City Hall. That chunk of land had major issues and rightly so if you have any association with Native American heritage and culture. Neither, should we be eager to be ANYWHERE to curb other users behaviors on a chunk of land at someone else’s request without our own discernment process. There are other Parks and Recreation acres out there that are not designated. We can start looking at the maps again and develop a 3-5 year plan.
            We can maintain and improve our assets at High Bridge and Downriver. I think we should be spending a good portion of what we have on the books in course improvements. We do not need to have thousands of dollars sitting in an account. We need a “prudent reserve” of a couple or three thousand at the most to take care of business and trust that if something big comes up we can find the funding. Holding on to big money that is not earmarked for a specific project causes more grief than it is worth and is a major issue with many members. – me included. Well, that is enough for now and the most I have talked about myself in a long, long time.
            I think I can do you a good job in the position. It is my nature to find common ground and move forward to the future. Thanks for the read and see you on the course! Tim

Comment

Originally posted by friable7 View Post
              Jeremy seems to hint at the idea that I don’t have the vision or focus to represent the Membership. What I think is that you have a choice between two different approaches to how you reach the end of the course. For instance, Jeremy and Jeff Crum’s last posts on the forum include what are essentially endorsements for nominees for open Board positions. I believe this is inappropriate and unproductive. It is not only unfair – (especially coming from Jeff’s position as a current elected official) but can result in people voting a “ticket” type of measure when in actuality nothing of the sort exists. These positions are distinct and separate deserving your scrutiny based on individual talents, abilities and merits. “Ticketing” can back fire (It is the, “I don’t like Jeremy so I won’t vote for Sean” type stuff we need to get over) or results in a suspicious or resentful Board if the “ticket” does not get voted in intact. I say, Lobby to your heart’s content outside of the public forum but keep the forum airwaves clear for people to do their own thinking. These are the types of things that tear organizations apart and create suspicion and resentment. We all want level playing field when we hit the course.
              It would be nice if there weren't two party's here but based on last years voting there was exactly the same vote for two different people running for office. Gordy and Bob received the exact same amount of votes. When you analyze board votes Gordy and Bob have voted exactly the same on every single issue over the last 3 years except once. Tim hasn't voted against them even when he said that it made sense to.
              My biggest issue in this whole thing is centered around Camp Sekani. Starting by building an upper course is as short sighted as a mistake as one could make.
              1. There isn't a single property within 200 miles that is more difficult to walk on and play on.
              2. Building a full upper course before we figure out whether or not we get 40 more acres means that we would build a course that would not use 40 acres that could make it out of this world. In other words all the work to build a course could be put in and than we could find out that we only used 1/3 of the land we had.
              3. The lower course is playable by 90% of the disc golf population.
              4. The lower course could be ready to be built immediately once the MOU and the Park gives it's final approval.

I also am of the opinion that the club shouldn't have $10,000+ in the bank account. Golfers have been waiting to have new courses for a while. Our courses are full and our parking lots are too.

With a club vote tonight and a park approval this whole thing could be irrelevant. There is nothing guaranteed about a new club being formed yet but it is a good possibility. I can guarantee that I will work to make sure that disc golf growth is the best that it could possibly be for the golfers in our area no matter what club I am working for. I want the best teepads, equipment and courses we can get. I look forward to helping make this possible with your support.
              Thanks,
              Jeremy Thornton
              Last edited by Yoduh; January 10th, 2012, 11:57 PM.
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I also would like to begin every club meeting with the announcement that if any club member is not understanding or is not feeling comfortable with a decision than they are allowed to ask for a 5 minute recess in order to figure out what they think or what is really going on. I almost feel like this could be a mandatory procedure for any vote on any one issue that was not considered a "slam dunk".
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Since the Parks department has granted our request to start a new disc golf club to build camp Sekani. I will not be running for president of the SDGA. Good luck to Tim and all the other candidate's. I am keeping my membership current, and will vote for what I think is best for our DG community. Thanks to my supporters! Hope to see you in the Uprising!
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                    It would be nice if there weren't two party's here but based on last years voting there was exactly the same vote for two different people running for office. Gordy and Bob received the exact same amount of votes. When you analyze board votes Gordy and Bob have voted exactly the same on every single issue over the last 3 years except once. Tim hasn't voted against them even when he said that it made sense to.
                    My biggest issue in this whole thing is centered around Camp Sekani. Starting by building an upper course is as short sighted as a mistake as one could make.
                    1. There isn't a single property within 200 miles that is more difficult to walk on and play on.
                    2. Building a full upper course before we figure out whether or not we get 40 more acres means that we would build a course that would not use 40 acres that could make it out of this world. In other words all the work to build a course could be put in and than we could find out that we only used 1/3 of the land we had.
                    3. The lower course is playable by 90% of the disc golf population.
                    4. The lower course could be ready to be built immediately once the MOU and the Park gives it's final approval.

I also am of the opinion that the club shouldn't have $10,000+ in the bank account. Golfers have been waiting to have new courses for a while. Our courses are full and our parking lots are too.

With a club vote tonight and a park approval this whole thing could be irrelevant. There is nothing guaranteed about a new club being formed yet but it is a good possibility. I can guarantee that I will work to make sure that disc golf growth is the best that it could possibly be for the golfers in our area no matter what club I am working for. I want the best teepads, equipment and courses we can get. I look forward to helping make this possible with your support.
                    Thanks,
                    Jeremy Thornton
                    Interesting that Jeremy knows how I have voted on measures or elections in the past...fuzzy math and shaky facts. Simply because I consider Gordy and Bob my good friends does not mean that we agree and vote alike. That does not make any sense to me. Probably doesn't match their perceptions either.

I look forward to playing and working with Jeremy, Jeff and/or all other individuals and entities, in any capacity, to make disc golf more accessible to all! Tim

Comment

Originally posted by friable7 View Post
                      Interesting that Jeremy knows how I have voted on measures or elections in the past...fuzzy math and shaky facts. Simply because I consider Gordy and Bob my good friends does not mean that we agree and vote alike. That does not make any sense to me. Probably doesn't match their perceptions either.

I look forward to playing and working with Jeremy, Jeff and/or all other individuals and entities, in any capacity, to make disc golf more accessible to all! Tim
                      I go to all the meetings. Even most board meetings. When I can't make a meeting I find out what happened. I know what's happening in disc golf in Spokane. I only spoke of you voting on whether or not you voted for members being allowed to vote on who represents them, which you clearly voted against. As for Gordy and Bob, Bob voted against him once, and he (Bob) was pretty frustrated that he had to vote against Gordy. You will have plenty of time to take this all in. Hope you accomplish your goals! It will be good for everybody!!
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                        I go to all the meetings. Even most board meetings. When I can't make a meeting I find out what happened. I know what's happening in disc golf in Spokane. I only spoke of you voting on whether or not you voted for members being allowed to vote on who represents them, which you clearly voted against. As for Gordy and Bob, Bob voted against him once, and he (Bob) was pretty frustrated that he had to vote against Gordy. You will have plenty of time to take this all in. Hope you accomplish your goals! It will be good for everybody!!
                        I did and will continue to vote to improve and support a Board structure in accord with the existing Charter. The Board serves at the pleasure of the Membership and each body has distinct roles and responsibilities. I am not uncomfortable with others disagreeing with me, nor hearing opposing views. If folks eventually decide to do it differently, I can abide that.

I am not sure Bob is all that frustrated or feels intimidated disagreeing with Gordy. They may might think alike at times but I have had to listen to them disagree and go on and on enough times to know that they will speak their separate minds.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X