Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by would, I mean could.. It was a suggestion that he made during his treasurer's report.
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

What I said

What I said arose from the fact that the SDGA holds in it's bank account $1750 from the goodwill of those who attended the People's Park Benefits. My statements were questions; Should we continue to hold these funds in trust for People's Park? and, asking that if it would be up to the Club to decide to use the money otherwise, including using it for installations at Sekani. Gordy.

Comment

SDGA Winter Jam - Saturdays 11:30am

[B]Pro Am Doubles

Golfers,

We'll be holding our 10th event at Camp Sekani on Saturday's at 11:30am.

Come warm yourself by the fire and get ready to play the newest course in the area.

We know you'll enjoy the ever changing Camp Sakani Jamboree tempoary 18 hole Course.

Since our initial benifit on November 6th, 10 holes have been improved.

High Bridge has 5,666 ft. and Downriver about 150 ft less. This course now has over 6,200 feet of golf and some consider it to be tougher than either High Bridge or Downriver.

There are 2 par 4's, one in the front 9 that is 625ft. called "The Big Whoopty Doo, and another on the back 9 that is about 550ft known as "Heartbreak".

Some comments from players:

Joshua "This is the only place I play!"

Jeremy "I haven't played anywhere else for over a month!"

Other comments:

"This place is awesome!"

"Thanks for doing this!"

Only $6.00 per player.
        $5 goes to the payout and $1 goes to the club.
        I'll probably bring some dogs to roast...
        Bring some food to share if you want...

See you there on Saturday

Sky Pilot
        Last edited by Sky Pilot; January 2nd, 2012, 10:50 PM. Reason: accuracy
        Rely on Me

Comment

Disc Golf Uprising - Sekani Winter Jam - Historic Update and Changes...

Golfers,

Disc Golf Uprising is established!

We'll be hosting weekly Pro-Am Doubles events at Camp Sekani on Saturdays at 11:30am.

Please Note: Since there is only one area for parking and no snow plowing available at this time - and due to the fact that some don't have 4 wheel drive, Check to see if this event is on before arriving. Should there be a lot of snow, we will have to cancel. Call Jeff at 509-4755378 or Jeremy at 220-6552 if you're not sure.

When you arrive and park, please walk up to the meadow area north of Upriver Drive. We'll usually have a fire going unless it's banned on that day. So, get warm and get ready play the newest course in the area.

We know you'll enjoy the ever changing Camp Sakani Jamboree tempoary 18 hole Course.

Since our initial benifit on November 6th, 10 holes have been improved.

High Bridge is 5,666 ft. and Downriver is about 5,516 ft, but the Jam is about 6,200 ft. .That's over 500ft longer, and some consider it to be tougher than the courses in town.

There are 2 par 4's, one in the front 9 that is 625ft. called "The Big Whoopty Doo, and another on the back 9 that is about 550ft known as "Heartbreak".

Historic Update!

On January 10th the SDGA voted to establish a new "Disc Golf Service Organization". A vote was taken of club members present and all 28 seated raised their hands in support of Jeff Crum and Jeremy Thornton beginning a new organization. This new DGSO is called Disc Golf Uprising.

On January 12th the SDGA board and Jeremy Thronton met with the City Parks Operations Manager - Taylor Bressler, and the Sekani Operations Manager, Mike Aho and discussed our reasons for beginning a new organization. Taylor and Mike were in full support of the new venture.

Also at that same meeting a letter from the North Idaho Disc Golf Club was presented to the City showing unanimous support of the new group by the full Board of that Club.

So, with unanamous support, Disc Golf Uprising has begun!

The SDGA gave us a check at the election on January 17th in the amount of $345.00. This was the money raised so far from our initial event which was the 1st Annual Jamboree Tournament held on November 6th 2011. This check also included the money raised by the those who have attended our weekly doubles play. In addition, when we are ready to buy baskets for the course(s) the SDGA has pledged to give us $1,800.00 toward that purchase.

Many thanks to the SDGA for their support!

Some comments from players about Disc Golf Uprising's Jamboree course:

Joshua - "This is the only place I play!"

Jeremy - "I haven't played anywhere else for over a month!"

Ron - "I like what you've done. I even like it more than the last time I played it!"

Other comments:

"This place is awesome!"

"Thanks for doing this!"

Please note! Buy in has changed:

Cost is now only $7.00. per player

$4 goes to the payout and $3 goes to Disc Golf Uprising to help establish a course at Sekani.

I'll bring some turkey dogs to roast after the play....

bring something to share if you want.

See you there on Saturdays

[B]Jeff Crum

Disc Golf Uprising
          Last edited by Sky Pilot; January 22nd, 2012, 10:41 AM. Reason: No longer the SDGA
          Rely on Me

Comment

Nice! I will play every weekend that I can!

Comment

Update

We are planning to play this Saturday. See details above.

Jeff
              Rely on Me

Comment

Doubles will be canceled this Saturday due to Ice Bowl. Also, I have been donating all of my winnings back to Camp Sekani.
                There will be a work party on Sunday at 10 am It will last approximately 4 hours ending in plenty of time to head to any Super Bowl party. Anybody who is really interested in being a part of this, would be at the fore front showing up. Bring rakes, shovels and gloves and your good back! Hope to see lots of faces out there!
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Dubs tomorrow at noon!!
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X