X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Sekani project manager

So, the SDGA is looking for a project manager to help get a course or two in the ground at Sekani.

The project manager would be responsible for reporting to and working with the SDGA board, club, and course designer, building a mutually positive relationship with the bike club out at Beacon Hill, and working with the Parks Dept. at Sekani. The project manager would essentially be our point man for the course, and ensure that we get something great in there while keeping the whole club involved in the process.

If you are someone interested in doing this or know someone who fits the bill, then post in this thread and/or e-mail the SDGA board members regarding your interest and we'll go from there.

We are looking to move quick on this and get great holes in the ground as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Parks; December 1st, 2011, 12:36 AM.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Originally posted by Parks View Post
    The project manager would ... ensure that we get something great in there while keeping the whole club involved in the process.

We are looking to move quick on this and get great holes in the ground as soon as possible.
    These two goals seem to work against each other in my mind.
    I personally don't understand the rush to make Sakani playable RIGHT NOW... we have known about this land for years, why the sudden rush? IF it is about taking over land areas ASAP, doesn't the "Memorandum of Understanding" make this a moot point?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that so many people want to see this happen. I just worry that we are rushing through the most important and long lasting part of the process... planning.

Either way, it is nice to see the project coming together!
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
      These two goals seem to work against each other in my mind.
      I personally don't understand the rush to make Sakani playable RIGHT NOW... we have known about this land for years, why the sudden rush? IF it is about taking over land areas ASAP, doesn't the "Memorandum of Understanding" make this a moot point?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that so many people want to see this happen. I just worry that we are rushing through the most important and long lasting part of the process... planning.

Either way, it is nice to see the project coming together!
      justin .. it seems the reason we are rushing this project is due to jeff and jermey idea that they ALONE can do a better job then ANYONE else in the club ..

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
        So, the SDGA is looking for a project manager to help get a course or two in the ground at Sekani.

The project manager would be responsible for reporting to and working with the SDGA board, club, and course designer, building a mutually positive relationship with the bike club out at Beacon Hill, and working with the Parks Dept. at Sekani. The project manager would essentially be our point man for the course, and ensure that we get something great in there while keeping the whole club involved in the process.

If you are someone interested in doing this or know someone who fits the bill, then post in this thread and/or e-mail the SDGA board members regarding your interest and we'll go from there.

I am of course interested in being the project manager. Getting the ball rolling to add to the disc golf we already in this town, is what I'm all about. I have an informal meeting with 2 bikers on Friday to make some adjustments to what is up there right now just so that any safety concerns can be met. None of these are permanant. They are just to hear what has been happening since people have been playing so that what is there doesn't wear out our welcome. We have to have a peacful relationship with the bikers and I want to promote that whether appointed to this position or not. I am going biking with the club next Wednesday too! I am pretty excited to hit these sick trails I've been looking at and to meet some of the fellas I will probably seeing all of the time.
        Relax and enjoy your hair
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Joint Manager??

I have heard two possible candidates for the position are Jeremy Thornton and TC Bare. While i think that both of the candidates are more than capable of filling the position, would they be willing to work with each other regardless of who gets the official title? I think that together Yoduh and TC would do a great job...

Comment

Closing the Application Process

Applications for the Camp Sekani Project Manager will close on Saturday Dec. 17, 2012 at NOON. This is the last call for applications for this volunteer position.

We have three applicants right now.

TC Bare
            Jeremy Thornton
            Jeff Crum
            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X