X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    I fully admit that I have been guilty of reacting. If you go back and read the posts on this forum I was never picking on anyone trying to start anything. I will try to watch my tone as I'd like some peace in our club soon. Our meetings have been nasty and draining. Not something that is sustainable or enjoyable. The last few posts I have made, have already addressed this issue somewhat. I'm not going to bicker about what people "think I have done" or am doing. I have done nothing that would jeprodize this course, nor would I.
    Thanks for the update Yoduh. I think we are certainly on the right track to continuing to make the best possible result at Sekani and do what is best for the club overall.

Originally posted by Parks View Post
    Please look at yourself before pointing the finger at others. Petty squabbling doesn't help anything.
    Good point and no it does not.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
      One thing that I have learned in my short 31 years, is that the past is the past. If you want to move forward, you are likely to trip and fall on your face at some point from all that looking back. What has happened, has happened,
      Those who don't know and LEARN from the past are destined to repeat it.
      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
        Those who don't know and LEARN from the past are destined to repeat it.
        Very true, I do certainly acknowledge the past as yes we will repeat it if we don't realize what we did, right and wrong. But we also can delay progress if we continue to dwell in the past which holds us back from moving forward.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
          First of all, even though Jeff presented this project to the club as a 105 acre park, (and he got us another 40 acres! Atta Boy!), in reality we have about 50 acres or so to design and build on.
          Nobody talks about this because of this inane "Land Grab" mentality.

To me that says 18 quality holes, not 36 holes that need mandatories and such to keep everyone safe.
          We may, or may not, get to build on the 40 acres of Conservancy land, which would be more holes, but that's not on the table at this time.

I think all you erstwhile course designers ought to get the parameters of our usable area and judge for yourselves.
          Downriver is 20 acres. High Bridge is 22 acres.
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

We are more than likely to get the 40 acres of conservatory land. It will take some time for it to be opened to us. Knowing and planning for this makes a lot of sense. 12-14 holes can be designed on the upper area. When the 40 acres or another chunk of land is released we can finish out and have two 18 hole courses. We could also use the land for a tournament by setting up temporary holes. Still having two 18 hole courses for mondo sized, fun camping, good flowing, disc golf tournaments.
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The politics at play are frightening on all accounts.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by tomw

My comments regarding private course owners was copy/pasted from skypilots post, And i followed that with" This has not ever been addresed by Gordy". (This appears to only have been noticed by Coryreu, thx CD) The past is proof that GC's Fourmound reserve has taken front seat to a few good intention-ed spokane public course improvements that were suggested and then burried when he is at its helm as its director. This is not a secret, but it is wrapped in secrecy=downriver dgc redesign Go ahead and ask him yourself, this is only imho
                Firstly, this issue of "conflict of interest" is slightly rhetorical. I believe that this whole thing was drummed up by someone to seemingly invent a concern. Probably and unnecessarily giving people reasons to vent. Then more importantly, diverting them from real issues
                Secondly, I need to point out that you did copy and paste Jeff's words, then follow up with your own, saying "This has never been addressed by Gordy." But before that, you initially followed up with "you believe that Jeff's comments are completely true."
                Addressing the issue by Gordy seems to be of great concern to you. So, I might suggest that, if willing, you ask Gordy. Maybe then the subject can be put to rest. If you do, let me know the results of your inquiries. I'm curious to see how Gordy confronts such certainties from true believers.

Comment

I love the idea of a monster tough course and a medium course on this property. Sorry I haven't checked in for a bit, will help as I can when home.

How hard are current layouts to follow so we can check them out?

Comment

The bottom course is really easy to follow. The upper is a little tough right now, mostly because we are going through it again and coming up with something different, or at least altered. There are two teepads right above the main parking lot. The one that starts off parallel to upriver drive is the tee for the lower course. Follow the pink ribbons from bucket to next tee. The upper has home depot flags leading from bucket to tee. Pink flags mark the direction of the fairway.
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Thanks, look forward to checking it out when I'm back in a couple of weeks! :-)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X