X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    So Gordy sets up a meeting and tells Bob, Bob doesn't tell anybody. Gordy tells Corey Davis though. Somehow you think Gordy is off the hook for not telling the board or the club?????? The rules only apply to others Gordy and Bob?
    While I have no reason to believe that Gordy was the one that set up the meeting, if it had been Jeff and Jeremy attending this meeting without informing the board/club instead of Gordy and Cory then there would be a massive uproar about not involving the club.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
      While I have no reason to believe that Gordy was the one that set up the meeting, if it had been Jeff and Jeremy attending this meeting without informing the board/club instead of Gordy and Cory then there would be a massive uproar about not involving the club.
      I know for a fact that he did. It is also not on Bob to let the other board members know that there is a meeting. It is on Gordy. Bob is simply covering for him.
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

you know i would put my 2 cents in here but YODUH is doing a fine job of insulting the sdga and club members .. it is getting so bad on the forum here i am thinking of "why have a club " all i see here is people picking on other people and a bunch of name calling ..sounds like a bunch of little kids fighting over lego`s...

AND NO THIS IS NOT JOE`S VEIW ITS HIS WIFE`S I AND DONT EVEN PLAY DISCGOLF !!!!!!

Comment

There are NO bikers in danger with or current layout!! Do not pretend that there are!! You know first hand that I carefully consider any and all danger before putting ANYTHING up that I expect people to play. I would never allow in my craziest nightmare design something as dangerous as Downriver. You do shoot near and over trails. The line of sight is always such that you can see where anybody might be. We play over paths at Downriver and at HB. All golfers know that you have to wait until any person is clear for you to throw. It's common sense.
          You said it yourself, that if you put trails in danger, it would be a good way to lobby for getting other pieces of the land.

Comment

I know for a fact that he did. It is also not on Bob to let the other board members know that there is a meeting. It is on Gordy. Bob is simply covering for him.
            You're right. It's not on Bob to report that there is a meeting. That's why he was never asked to do so. He was asked to report the notes from the meeting itself. To forward the news to club. The way all info gathered should be announced. Bob, you're forgiven for not getting it out two days earlier.

And you say that you know for a fact that Gordy set up the meeting. Like Lyle, you have no reason to believe so. You DON'T know it's a fact because it isn't true. You just say it went down like that in order to give your complaints validity. I KNOW FOR A FACT Gordy was invited to meet with Mike and the Fat Tire Bike reps.

I also know for a fact that if I were invited to a meeting that was going to give me information that I was entitled to from day one, but was still left out of the loop, I would take someone up on that invite in a HEARTBEAT.

Comment

My argument needs NO validation!! If there was a meeting set up between either party the whole board needs to be notified, according to your rants and others at the last club meeting.
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by coryreu View Post
                You're right. It's not on Bob to report that there is a meeting. That's why he was never asked to do so. He was asked to report the notes from the meeting itself. To forward the news to club. The way all info gathered should be announced. Bob, you're forgiven for not getting it out two days earlier.

And you say that you know for a fact that Gordy set up the meeting. Like Lyle, you have no reason to believe so. You DON'T know it's a fact because it isn't true. You just say it went down like that in order to give your complaints validity. I KNOW FOR A FACT Gordy was invited to meet with Mike and the Fat Tire Bike reps.

I also know for a fact that if I were invited to a meeting that was going to give me information that I was entitled to from day one, but was still left out of the loop, I would take someone up on that invite in a HEARTBEAT.
                How do you know it's not true, because you were there when Gordy got the phone call? He's not the only person who talks to Mike.. He hasn't been talking to Mike at all, but he called Mike to inquire about a meeting. Mike called him back and set up the meeting.. If that's what he meant by he called and set up the meeting than that's really cute, but it doesn't pass as an excuse. NOT EVEN CLOSE!
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

My argument needs NO validation!!.
                  Is that why you continue arguing?

Comment

I appreciate that you understand my point. I would like to see this process run as smoothly as possible and turn out as well as possible. I think it's a bad idea that anyone that wants to could call and set up a meeting with the parks department. Anybody that has been a part of a complicated, multi-faceted, discussion should not be circumvented because it causes us to loose our place in line. If Mike says you can have this and than says no you can't. You can say well ok, what can we replace that with? Where as somebody who has no clue hears "you can't have that" and they say ok. The SDGA should be trying to secure AS MUCH LAND AS POSSIBLE! At the very least the new person should seek counsel on how to work with the situation. They need to know what has been promised and what has already been added, and what has been taken away and why all this has happened. Since you and Gordy spent 21/2 hour figuring all of this stuff out, you could understand how complicated the situation could be.
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I appreciate that you understand my point. I would like to see this process run as smoothly as possible and turn out as well as possible. I think it's a bad idea that anyone that wants to could call and set up a meeting with the parks department. Anybody that has been a part of a complicated, multi-faceted, discussion should not be circumvented because it causes us to loose our place in line. If Mike says you can have this and than says no you can't. You can say well ok, what can we replace that with? Where as somebody who has no clue hears "you can't have that" and they say ok. The SDGA should be trying to secure AS MUCH LAND AS POSSIBLE! At the very least the new person should seek counsel on how to work with the situation. They need to know what has been promised and what has already been added, and what has been taken away and why all this has happened. Since you and Gordy spent 21/2 hour figuring all of this stuff out, you could understand how complicated the situation could be.

I have spoken with Mike and he will be sending the "Memorandum of Understanding" to me. As soon as I have received this document I will archive it and pass it along to the SDGA Board.

This will be the first item that the SDGA has seen from the Parks Dept. concerning Camp Sekani that is in writing and it will supersede any understanding that was talked about in the past.

I hope that we get it before the meeting tomorrow.
                      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

What we have are two political parties. I lead the ACTION party and Gordy leads the REACTION party. The REACTION party seems to be highly interested in mastering the dubious art of 'invalidation'. They follow what I do religiously and react predictably. And like James Bond, smoke screens are sent out on a regular basis to try to 'cloud' issues. Oil slicks are also distributed to try to throw some into the ditch. Thank God I'm not in the ditch and I can still see through the smoke.

Sky Pilot
                        Rely on Me

Comment

So I got a chance to play the Jamboree course today. It may need some tweaking, but was fun. Had some really cool holes, but some seemed like filler. I guess that's where the tweaking comes in. Need to get back into shape to walk this one though.

Also the thought of having a course closer to where I live is exciting. Our two public courses are kind of a drive.

I have noticed on this forum that Jeff and Jeremy are being demonized by others in the SDGA. Maybe they didn't go through the proper procedures to get the course up, but I can't be mad at them for getting another course in town.

Maybe I don't have the complete story. I do know that getting more courses in the area is not a bad thing. It would help the growth of disc golf in the Spokane area, and if the sport grows so could the SDGA.

Comment

Obviously, demonizing Jeremy and Jeff is part of being a respected club member.

However, whenever they bring up ideas or projects then those are obviously disrespecting the SDGA and its membership.

You need to get with the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                              Obviously, demonizing Jeremy and Jeff is part of being a respected club member.

However, whenever they bring up ideas or projects then those are obviously disrespecting the SDGA and its membership.

You need to get with the program.
                              Thank you Lyle, we can't have the "club" saying good things or giving positive feedback, it's embarrassing to Jeff and myself. It invalidates the whole mob mentality that 5 or so people have which as you can see by reading this forum, is the whole club.
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Correct.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X