X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global throwdown

I thought this ah it's own thread. Well it does now.
    As someone who was privy to the conversation about Global Throw down.

It was my understanding
    That Justin was going to run this event for the SDGA? There was no financial risk to be taken Justin that the club would underwrite the event. To that end

the SDGA was going to make it easier by providing start up capitol of $1000 to be used in support for said event.

At the conclusion of the event Justin would remit any Players Pack items, receipts and cash back to the club.

Seems pretty simple to me
    rewindb.com

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    I thought this ah it's own thread. Well it does now.
    As someone who was privy to the conversation about Global Throw down.

It was my understanding
    That Justin was going to run this event for the SDGA? There was no financial risk to be taken Justin that the club would underwrite the event. To that end

the SDGA was going to make it easier by providing start up capitol of $1000 to be used in support for said event.

At the conclusion of the event Justin would remit any Players Pack items, receipts and cash back to the club.

Seems pretty simple to me
    Yes it does seem simple.

Gordy asked me for my financials this evening and I told him I would be happy to provide them to the board.

He also asked for any extra cash and discs from the tournament. Again, not the slightest bit of an issue.

In return, I did ask for a copy of the terms of the agreement.
    I am being held financially accountable for the tourney funds, no qualms there.
    All I ask is that the terms are written out so that I am not held accountable for anything beyond what was agreed to.

This alleviates any future misunderstandings and keeps both parties fully accountable.
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

For your review

I submitted a set of terms to the Board this week to help the SDGA and Justin finish up their business with the Global Tournament. Justin, the terms are identical to what you offered when we spoke at the last meeting we had. Its also consistent with what you have offered here. My feeling is that The SDGA comes out as well as it could have expected and I urge the Board to approve the agreement and forward it to you. I can go over it with you in person if you want to get a jump on it . I believe that it reflects what you have said you want to do and it will help put the SDGA store back in business. Thanks, Gordy.

Comment

I'm sorry for any mis-understanding.
        I am NOT asking for terms to be written up.

I made the mistake of getting frustrated after making my original proposal.
        My proposal was changed and I expressed my dissatisfaction with the process.
        I made a point of leaving the meeting and not agreeing to the terms Gordy and Jaymie were trying to dictate.
        Then, at SCC, Gordy announced that the money was a donation from the SDGA upon presenting me the check.

I AM asking for a copy of the terms that were already written up.
        Both the club and I deserve to keep any terms that were previously agreed to... it seems like this is the only ethical option.

Comment

Terms

You asked for terms. We're giving you terms. The terms we offer are the terms you offer yourself......At the Club meeting when you applied for over $4200 to conduct the Global the Club balked but agreed to support the event to the tune of $1025 plus the $125 for the PDGA sanction and insurance. There was no agreement except for the Members voting to support the event to that extent. We know that there is nothing you signed to receive that support except for the check itself. All that the Club asks for in return is exactly what you propose yourself; the balance of the cash($400) and the leftover discs (60 discs). The only unethical conclusion is that you keep all this for yourself. Bottom line this is just another example of those who are willing to take the generosity of the Club and stick it back in their face. Thanks for the expensive lesson in who not to recognize as a man.

Comment

Shit just got real.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Hmm...
              The check was presented to me as a donation from the SDGA.
              I don't think this was the intent but it was announced and presented in this manner.

Either way, I would prefer to reference the original documentation that was compiled at the meeting.
              I hope this information will help clear up an misunderstandings that have resulted from private conversations or the individual Board Member's perspectives.

I would also ask for the personal attacks to cease... they are really getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                Hmm...

Either way, I would prefer to reference the original documentation that was compiled at the meeting.
                Lyle, being the secretary, should have that information in the minutes of that meeting. How about it, Lyle?

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                  Shit just got real.
                  I had to put my boots on. That's how real shit just got.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Just a few questions for you Justin.
                    Were you thinking that the board would take over and totally re-write your proposal after you left the meeting upset? Doesn't that seem a little selfish?
                    Is this the type of document from the original meeting you need to see in order to settle up?
                    Even if there was this type of an original document, it wouldn't have been the same as your proposal. You got mad about changes then, so why would it be believable that it would meet your satisfaction now?
                    Are you looking for a piece of paper that is signed and dated by the board to prove the check wasn't a donation? If there was one, you would have had it before you received a check. I'm pretty sure it was intended to be given to you in good faith to pay it back. You can claim that there was a misunderstanding. But, and I'm not saying this to demean you in any way, but I think you made a poor judgement call in simply taking the money with no questions asked. Why would the club give a thousand dollar donation for a tournament? Tournaments are used as a way to raise some money for the club, not give it away.
                    If you don't want to give back any of the money, you may want to think about showing some generosity by giving some discs to the club.
                    Last edited by coryreu; December 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I would prefer to see the documentation so that I can give the discs and funds to the club in an appropriate and documented manner.

If this was a donation, as stated, I would prefer to make a donation in return.

If it was just a start-up loan, I will be happy to work within the prescribed guidelines to repay it.

Comment

I would prefer to see the documentation so that I can give the discs and funds to the club in an appropriate and documented manner.

If it was just a start-up loan, I will be happy to work within the prescribed guidelines to repay it.
                        Pretty cheezy is all I can say.
                        Justin. I have very little respect for the way you do things.

Comment

so what you are saying then justin all the disc`s i bought from you was NOT going to help the club ? I was at that meeting when you asked for the club to give you the money for the throwdown now you are saying YOU ARE NOT going to give the club back what they gave you ? nice way of cheating the club....

Comment

What are you going to do if there is no documentation?

Comment

What prescribed guidelines? Wouldn't the terms that Gordy wrote up be considered guidelines?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X