Clear All

Here's some gettin' real for ya.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Comment

Terms of Endearment

Gordy #21004You asked for terms. We're giving you terms

Stimpi=Pretty cheezy is all I can say.
      Justin. I have very little respect for the way you do things

psychodwarf=nice way of cheating the club.

coryreu=Put your money where your mouth is

LJ Jubner=As someone who was privy to the conversation about Global Throw down,SDGA was going to make it easier
      Parks = Shit just got real.

TERMS= requirements as to conditions, to persuade (someone)to enter into an agreement, to define.
      jshrack="I prefer to reference the original documentation that was compiled"
      at the meeting
      Show all some terms of agreement. I think that they are out there somewhere?? Lots of members very concerned about this, some terms may actually help this problem be resolved. My 2cents worth, TW

Comment

you would think in a loan situation of any type something would be documented and signed by both parties?
        at least I would I mean business is business and with out documentation what do you have?
        I'm not defending or picking sides I'm just saying

Comment

Very well put. There should be concrete terms written out and signed so that both partys know what the terms are. Our club has provided a disc golf loan for golfers to go to the USDGC. They had enough forsight to write the loan out on a piece of paper to have all party's sign it. Business wise this is OPTIMAL!
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
            Very well put. There should be concrete terms written out and signed so that both partys know what the terms are. Our club has provided a disc golf loan for golfers to go to the USDGC. They had enough forsight to write the loan out on a piece of paper to have all party's sign it. Business wise this is OPTIMAL!
            We've been running tournaments for years, with different directors, and none have needed a written agreement until now.
            Plus, until now, ALL the events that the club has sponsored have been repaid and more money added to the club.
            I guess this is why Justin's response is so shocking. We've never given money to someone lacking so much integrity that we have to resort to belittling tactics to get him to step up and even be accountable.
            I suspect there will be ironclad written terms from now on, at least to the directors that we haven't tested yet.

Comment

Wow...

Well I don't fully understand it... but from the way I see it I guess nobody is fully in the clear as far as the way this went down.

While it may never have needed to be the case in the past to have written and signed terms before payment, it apparently should be the case to avoid ugly situations like this.

SDGA, bad judgement call entrusting such a significant amount of money to a person who is either: a: too immature or irresponsible to handle money wisely, or b: too shady to be honest and do the right thing with it. or c: what is it Justin??? I want to give you the benefit of the doubt but I cannot understand why you seem to be skirting around the issue and don't repay the loan or give back the remaining money/merch.

Justin, what the heck man? It is more than obvious the club never simply GAVE the money away for the tournament with ZERO expectation of getting anything in return. That is ludacris. If I accepted a check for one THOUSAND dollars, I would have been damn sure what the club expected in return, whether there was a written agreement or not. What they DID expect in return is unfortunately up for debate, as this thread has apparently indicated.

But how about you man up and at least give the discs and remaining money (and receipts?) back to the club as any person deserving respect should, we document what you returned, and we go from there. Or do you not even have any money/discs left?? I just don't understand what series of events could have lead to this.
              SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

Further, the very first two posts should have put this whole issue to rest.

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                At the conclusion of the event Justin would remit any Players Pack items, receipts and cash back to the club.

Seems pretty simple to me
                YES IT DOES.

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                Gordy asked me for my financials this evening and I told him I would be happy to provide them to the board.

He also asked for any extra cash and discs from the tournament. Again, not the slightest bit of an issue.
                So, are you going to follow through with this so this ugly situation can begin to be put to rest???????
                SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

I am asking to see the prescribed agreement made between the Global TD and the SDGA.

Since I was not part of this agreement but was presented with the funds, upon taking over the tourney, I would like a copy of the terms.

This alleviates any future misunderstandings and keeps both parties fully accountable.
                  When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

I would prefer to see the documentation so that I can give the discs and funds to the club in an appropriate and documented manner.

If this was a donation, as stated, I would prefer to make a donation in return.

If it was just a start-up loan, I will be happy to work within the prescribed guidelines to repay it.
                    You're asking to see the document. Ok. We get it. There isn't one. You would have already gotten it.
                    Now without one, I'd be curious to see if you are willing to do what you prefer to do and give a donation. I'd also be curious to see how generous a donation you would prefer to give in comparison to the one you received.
                    Last edited by coryreu; December 15th, 2011, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                      We've been running tournaments for years, with different directors, and none have needed a written agreement until now.
                      Plus, until now, ALL the events that the club has sponsored have been repaid and more money added to the club.
                      I guess this is why Justin's response is so shocking. We've never given money to someone lacking so much integrity that we have to resort to belittling tactics to get him to step up and even be accountable.
                      I suspect there will be ironclad written terms from now on, at least to the directors that we haven't tested yet.
                      I completely understand. I was told by several people that at the country cup, Gordy handed him a check and said it was a donation. I heard it was kind of a big presentation. I don't know for sure cause I couldn't quite make that one. Now I'm sure that if he did say this, that he mistakenly said it, but I don't know how Justin would know this. He obviously didn't mean to say it.. I am hoping that Justin will repay whatever he can. The club needs the resources as we move forward.
                      Written terms should be given whenever money is lent. This is in case legal action needs to be sought. A written agreement is between two party's, the SDGA and one other person. The agreement that was written to lend money to the USDGC reps would not hold water in court. Lucky for us, we lent money to good people who will pay us back!
                      Relax and enjoy your hair
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The Treasurer of the SDGA made a drunken speech and donated $1000 of the club's money to a 'B' tier tourney.

Months later he decides to run smear campaigns against those who would see his 'power death-grip' removed.

Thankfully, I am more than happy to take on Gordy's wrath. He can get up in my face again, call me more names, and continue to insult my character.... all part of his script.
                        I am not the first he has attempted to bully out of this club.
                        Hell, he can even continue to put words in my mouth but until he is willing to own up to his own comments I am not concerned.

According to my financials and me:
                        I retained ~$350 in funds.
                        I also have 53 discs with a retail value of approximately $800.

From the beginning, I said that I WILL return the remaining 'Global funds' to the SDGA. I also stated that I will transfer the discs I have boxed up from the tourney.
                        Please quit assuming or implying otherwise.

I have asked for pertinent financial documentation involved with returning these items.
                        If you were repaying a loan and your bank insisted they lost an important document, wouldn't you be similarly wary?
                        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

The Treasurer of the SDGA made a drunken speech and donated $1000 of the club's money to a 'B' tier tourney.

Months later he decides to run smear campaigns against those who would see his 'power death-grip' removed.

Thankfully, I am more than happy to take on Gordy's wrath. He can get up in my face again, call me more names, and continue to insult my character.... all part of his script.
                          I am not the first he has attempted to bully out of this club.
                          Hell, he can even continue to put words in my mouth but until he is willing to own up to his own comments I am not concerned.

According to my financials and me:
                          I retained ~$350 in funds.
                          I also have 53 discs with a retail value of approximately $800.

From the beginning, I said that I WILL return the remaining 'Global funds' to the SDGA. I also stated that I will transfer the discs I have boxed up from the tourney.
                          Please quit assuming or implying otherwise.

I have asked for pertinent financial documentation involved with returning these items.
                          If you were repaying a loan and your bank insisted they lost an important document, wouldn't you be similarly wary?

Parks="Shit just got real"
                          Now i see "this is the real shit" Hmmm, TW

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X