Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wobbly Bob
    started a topic Camp Sekani

Camp Sekani

Congratulations to the DISC GOLFERS in Spokane on the birth of their new Disc Golf Course
    CAMP SEKANI

I would like to thank those that have had a hand in bringing this BABY to Spokane.
    The Spokane City Park's Department
    The Spokane County Park's Department
    The Spokane Disc Golf Association
    Jeff Crum
    Taylor Bressler
    Leroy Eadie
    Mike Aho
    The Disc Golf Community of Spokane

Cody Miller will be directing the first tournament at Camp Sekani this coming Sunday.

Where: Camp Sekani
    When: November 6, 2011 @ 10:00 am
    Cost: $10 per person for 2 rounds
    Format: To be announced
    Last edited by Wobbly Bob; November 3rd, 2011, 07:53 AM. Reason: Spelling error

• Yoduh
    replied
    Originally posted by Dadio! View Post
    What is best way for those of us w/o facebook to get involved and help? This course is close to home and would love to help make it the beautiful site it can be. :-)
    Sent you a pm..

Leave a comment:

• Dadio!
    replied
    What is best way for those of us w/o facebook to get involved and help? This course is close to home and would love to help make it the beautiful site it can be. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Lothiam
    replied
    Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
    Totally open for public play. Buckets in place with tee signs (hole number, par, and distance) on trees. Last time I played Jamboree (the lower course) there were little pink streamers leading from the bucket to the next tee. Enjoy!
    Great Thanks. I will look to get a group out there soon.

Leave a comment:

• Simmeltron
    replied
    Originally posted by Lothiam View Post
    Is Sekani open for public play or is it by appointment or for tournament only. I am curious to check it out.
    Totally open for public play. Buckets in place with tee signs (hole number, par, and distance) on trees. Last time I played Jamboree (the lower course) there were little pink streamers leading from the bucket to the next tee. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Lothiam
    replied
    Is Sekani open for public play or is it by appointment or for tournament only. I am curious to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    Played at Sekani yesterday. First time in quite awhile. Love the changes that have happened on the lower course. The lower par four (I think it's called whoop de doo's) is fantastic. Especially from the pro pad. Favorite new hole on the course.

With that being said, if somebody happens to come across my orange ESP Predator, it'd be great if they'd snag it. Threw it on a giant hyzer off 14 and stuck in the top of the split tree's. I'm pretty sure it's going to be stuck for awhile. Name and number are on it but the number no longer works. I'm pretty sure most people know who I am so if you see me and you have it, reward will be given.

Leave a comment:

• Simmeltron
    replied
    Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
    Got it.
    It's here, at the Ridge.
    Stimpi
    Right on thanks a ton Stimpi!

Leave a comment:

• Stimpi
    replied
    Glow Roc at the Stimpi Ridge Lost and Found

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
    I just lost my white DX Roc at Sekani yesterday as it was getting dark. After finishing the course, we had a driving range session just behind bucket 18 (of Jamboree) into the big field. I *thought* the disc anny'd towards the treeline to the right but had no luck recovering it. If anybody happens upon it next time they are out I'd greatly appreciate getting it back! Thanks!

Name and number should be on disc.
    Got it.
    It's here, at the Ridge.
    Stimpi

Leave a comment:

• Simmeltron
    replied
    First meeting...

From the Sekani FB group (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...10030465792965)

"Disc Golf Uprising is holding it's first club meeting Monday, March 5th at 6:30 at Smacky's on Broadway. It is west of the Broadway exit just past Zips. They have delicious sandwich's. BBQ is the special that day and I have to say it is amazing! We will have lots of new information and a nice game plan on how we can build our new disc golf courses. New memberships will be available. There are several levels of membership's available including family discount memberships. Bag Tag's will also be available for order to use during our weekly leagues. Hope to see you there!"

Leave a comment:

• SeanT00
    replied
    lost disc on lower course

I had a wild throw from hole 15 (the long throw from the rock)? Anyways, got a dark blue Boss stuck way up in the first tall tree to the right. I'm guessing the wind will knock it down eventually, but the number on the back is an old one. Name should be Sean T and new number is (509) 232-9648 if anyone comes across it. Love the course!!

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Simmeltron
    replied
    Lost roc at Sekani

I just lost my white DX Roc at Sekani yesterday as it was getting dark. After finishing the course, we had a driving range session just behind bucket 18 (of Jamboree) into the big field. I *thought* the disc anny'd towards the treeline to the right but had no luck recovering it. If anybody happens upon it next time they are out I'd greatly appreciate getting it back! Thanks!

Name and number should be on disc.

Leave a comment:

• The Stranger
    replied
    Played Sekani again today. Liked some of the changes since the first time I played. So when do we break ground and get some baskets in?

Leave a comment:

• SeanT00
    replied
    Has anyone put together a satellite map of the course showing the layout yet? Now that the snow is melting off I would like to get up there and check it out!

Leave a comment:

• Yoduh
    replied
    Originally posted by bstullis View Post
    Back to the thread. Drove past sekani yesterday and found the drive fully worthwhile, now just waiting for the snow to melt to get out to explore the new course. Is there a course map that would make a first timers going any easier (the only way to get around downriver my first time was with the map in my pocket and a guide to point out the less obvious next tee placement). And bucket courses... just have to hit the bucket? So the challenge is in the terrain and fairway?
    Thanks for the help, advice &, whatnot.
    Yeah, I have a number, use it.. lol First tee is right above the upper lot. Follow the pink ribbons from the buckets to the next tee. Hit the bucket move on. Flags mark the tee's for the most part. snow marked some down but most are findable.. I think they all are.. Some only have one though.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X