Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in the valley able to pick me up for this? I live off Sullivan. Got gas money and beer money to sweeten the deal.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

To the Baord, if there is a need for neutral parties at meetings, find one of the many disc golferes who are on the outside looking at joining but waiting for the drama to subside and have them join as a prospective member,just to get a taste of the local politics (biggest reason I'm not a member) .

To the leaders of the opposition (because that's where things seem to stand from my POV): Preliminary means suggested but not final. I respect the work on your part to design and implement a course that will be an attraction for many years to come, but being sworn to secrecy for an entire year, then everything happening all at once without Board input and approval seems a breach of trust.

I would love to join an association that has everyone's interests at heart, but lurking here for a year an a half leads me to believe I need to wait a while and not join either side until the congressional infighting has abated.
      Last edited by bstullis; January 26th, 2012, 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
        I would love to join an association that has everyone's interests at heart, but lurking here for a year an a half leads me to believe I need to wait a while and not join either side until the congressional infighting has abated.
        I must say I have to agree with many, if not all, of your points. I was an SDGA member in the past but have not found a good reason to rejoin in its current state. I live in the Valley and am also a bit reluctant to join the Disc Golf Uprising (if for no other reason than the fact that it sounds like a tyranny waiting to happen). Perhaps the North Idaho Disc Golf Club would be a good suiter for your membership - especially if you live in the Valley. They have been doing many good things to help make Corbin Park DGC and Cherry Hill DGC better, have had input with Heyburn State Park about their possible addition of disc golf and is in VERY good standing with both the city of Post Falls and Coeur d'Alene. We all seem to work pretty wel together despite our differences and differences of opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
          I must say I have to agree with many, if not all, of your points. I was an SDGA member in the past but have not found a good reason to rejoin in its current state. I live in the Valley and am also a bit reluctant to join the Disc Golf Uprising (if for no other reason than the fact that it sounds like a tyranny waiting to happen). Perhaps the North Idaho Disc Golf Club would be a good suiter for your membership - especially if you live in the Valley. They have been doing many good things to help make Corbin Park DGC and Cherry Hill DGC better, have had input with Heyburn State Park about their possible addition of disc golf and is in VERY good standing with both the city of Post Falls and Coeur d'Alene. We all seem to work pretty wel together despite our differences and differences of opinion.
          Not to mention they are home of the number 1 rated player in Idaho. Scott, you hijacked the thread!
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
            Not to mention they are home of the number 1 rated player in Idaho. Scott, you hijacked the thread!
            No I didn`t! It was already hijacked. I just provided him a possible solution to his dilemma you hijacked it further

Let us digress

Camp Sekani...

Comment

If only. . . if only...

Originally posted by ScottW View Post

Just wanna say,LOVE CORBIN!!!. got my first tourney plastic there last year (10th AM dev at the open) but live on south hill Spokane 5 min from work at SHMC. Hope to play the Corbin open again if scheduling permits. I have to say I was very impressed at the lack of politicking at the tourney and the fun had by all. I would love to get more serious but don't play/compete Sunday so most tourneys are out for me unless they start doing Friday/ Saturday tourneys ( but that is a whole other hijacking in the making).
              It is a very tempting prospect especially since my goal this season is to play cherry hill and Farragut (trying to convince the wife and kiddies that it would make for a great camping trip)

So for now, I will remain DG-clubless and hope for the best. I will have to hope I can get good enough without the support of the clubs, but may just end up asking for DG lessons for my b-day this year and more tourney playing money next year (or maybe PDGA membership for starters) .

Comment

Back to the thread. Drove past sekani yesterday and found the drive fully worthwhile, now just waiting for the snow to melt to get out to explore the new course. Is there a course map that would make a first timers going any easier (the only way to get around downriver my first time was with the map in my pocket and a guide to point out the less obvious next tee placement). And bucket courses... just have to hit the bucket? So the challenge is in the terrain and fairway?
                Thanks for the help, advice &, whatnot.

Comment

An other HIJACK er!!

Just wanna say,LOVE CORBIN!!!. got my first tourney plastic there last year (10th AM dev at the open) but live on south hill Spokane 5 min from work at SHMC. Hope to play the Corbin open again if scheduling permits. I have to say I was very impressed at the lack of politicking at the tourney and the fun had by all. I would love to get more serious but don't play/compete Sunday so most tourneys are out for me unless they start doing Friday/ Saturday tourneys ( but that is a whole other hijacking in the making).
                  It is a very tempting prospect especially since my goal this season is to play cherry hill and Farragut (trying to convince the wife and kiddies that it would make for a great camping trip)

So for now, I will remain DG-clubless and hope for the best. I will have to hope I can get good enough without the support of the clubs, but may just end up asking for DG lessons for my b-day this year and more tourney playing money next year (or maybe PDGA membership for starters) .
                  Ben, good to see that you love Corbin. A fine jewel of a course imo! Check out the Corbin Park thread............., TW

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                    Not to mention they are home of the number 1 rated player in Idaho.

Comment

Back to the thread. Drove past sekani yesterday and found the drive fully worthwhile, now just waiting for the snow to melt to get out to explore the new course. Is there a course map that would make a first timers going any easier (the only way to get around downriver my first time was with the map in my pocket and a guide to point out the less obvious next tee placement). And bucket courses... just have to hit the bucket? So the challenge is in the terrain and fairway?
                      Thanks for the help, advice &, whatnot.
                      Yeah, I have a number, use it.. lol First tee is right above the upper lot. Follow the pink ribbons from the buckets to the next tee. Hit the bucket move on. Flags mark the tee's for the most part. snow marked some down but most are findable.. I think they all are.. Some only have one though.
                      Relax and enjoy your hair
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Has anyone put together a satellite map of the course showing the layout yet? Now that the snow is melting off I would like to get up there and check it out!

Comment

Played Sekani again today. Liked some of the changes since the first time I played. So when do we break ground and get some baskets in?

Comment

Lost roc at Sekani

I just lost my white DX Roc at Sekani yesterday as it was getting dark. After finishing the course, we had a driving range session just behind bucket 18 (of Jamboree) into the big field. I *thought* the disc anny'd towards the treeline to the right but had no luck recovering it. If anybody happens upon it next time they are out I'd greatly appreciate getting it back! Thanks!

Name and number should be on disc.
                            SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

lost disc on lower course

I had a wild throw from hole 15 (the long throw from the rock)? Anyways, got a dark blue Boss stuck way up in the first tall tree to the right. I'm guessing the wind will knock it down eventually, but the number on the back is an old one. Name should be Sean T and new number is (509) 232-9648 if anyone comes across it. Love the course!!

Thanks

Comment

First meeting...

From the Sekani FB group (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...10030465792965)

"Disc Golf Uprising is holding it's first club meeting Monday, March 5th at 6:30 at Smacky's on Broadway. It is west of the Broadway exit just past Zips. They have delicious sandwich's. BBQ is the special that day and I have to say it is amazing! We will have lots of new information and a nice game plan on how we can build our new disc golf courses. New memberships will be available. There are several levels of membership's available including family discount memberships. Bag Tag's will also be available for order to use during our weekly leagues. Hope to see you there!"
                                SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X