X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chill out??!?

Goddammit Tim, if I catch you in my backyard cutting my shrubs with a chainsaw without permission again I'm going to snap. I will not chill out!
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I am very dissapointed with the reports I've heard back from the meeting regarding the way it was chaired. We are in a better place now but there was a SERIOUS lack of leadership in chairing the meeting. For further meetings a chairman allows each member to speak. If one member addresses another member with a question. That member should be allowed to answer the question fully before another member is called onto speak. SNIDE comments should not be allowed and asking question upon question without allowing the person to finish their answers, is not how a proper meeting should be ran.

With all that being said I think we found a common ground and there was an understanding that was reached. I am very excited about this huge new chunk of land that Jeff has brought us and it will make coming up with a design a much easier process.
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I actually thought the meeting went about as good as anyone could have hoped. I did feel that the same questions were repeated a bunch only slightly rephrased, and that there was a bit of shouting, but I thought it was going to be a lot worse.

Jeremy, I was glad you showed up to refute the cutting accusations.

As usual, Sean and Tim decided to be the voices of reason, and I was glad they showed up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
          I actually thought the meeting went about as good as anyone could have hoped. I did feel that the same questions were repeated a bunch only slightly rephrased, and that there was a bit of shouting, but I thought it was going to be a lot worse.

Jeremy, I was glad you showed up to refute the cutting accusations.

As usual, Sean and Tim decided to be the voices of reason, and I was glad they showed up as well.
          Lyle was that meeting fun? Did you know that the bartender would not come and serve us because "she was afraid!?" Another group of patrons was "Waiting for the fight to happen!" Did you notice anybody getting ganged up on? What about not letting speakers finish questions, because somebody else blurted out another question, while the original question was being answered? Questions being asked the exact same way, several times is a clear cut case of either disrespect and not listening, OR too much ALCOHOL! I would hope that members with disagreements or not, would listen and respect one another. Everybody at that meeting deserves respect for what they have done in our community. For paying their $20.. For taking their time to show up. Everybody at a meeting should follow some very basic principals of meetings. We may need to add these to our charter.

1. We should listen to one another to find out whats happened.
          2. Add what we think.
          3. Make plans and motions and move on from there.

I ask any one of you at that meeting to express to me how you would feel if you were badgered by a large group of people. A group that is not listening to your answers and doing whatever they can to piss you off and disrespect you???? I think that once again alchohol has played a huge role in drama at an SDGA club meeting. For some reason or another people think a meeting is a great place to drink. They can't seem to help but drink. It's really no wonder why the same questions were asked repeatedly.... I of course am drawing conclusions, but my experience has taught me that people that drink can easily resort to a mob mentality. Which is probably why we scared the all of the people in the same building as us.

For this reason I ask that the SDGA adopt a club meeting rule, that keeps all members attending a meeting, from drinking while at the meeting, or from being noticeably drunk.. I feel like if you can't meet for a couple hours without booze for a constructive club meeting, than maybe you should go to another type of meeting. A tasty micro is a great way to relax and enjoy time among friends, and a shot of whiskey helps too. There is a time and a place! If I am heated about something, DRINKING is the LAST THING I need to do!! That is a pretty good rule for humans. It takes an emotional situation, and turns into an explosive situation. Not the kind of positive atmosphere we should create in our community, or to the viewers of our community. I know that the people that were in that bar that were not a part of our situation were shocked! We really put a bad taste in peoples mouth's that knew nothing about us, well they do now!

I take this sport serious, and as I've heard Gordy say "it's also serious fun!" Our meetings that happen 4 times a year are serious! We as club members have a very small window to figure out things and to get down to brass tax. Booze is not ever used effectively in these sort of situations.. I know that when I drink my mouth gets a little wider and my ears don't listen quite as well. Anybody that's been sober around people that are drinking know what I am talking about. If you were at that meeting and don't know how much more difficult it is to handle stressful situations while intoxicated, I think it's called denial..

I am guilty of the same thing at this meeting. I wasn't allowed into the meeting because my id expired and I hadn't realized it. So I left with a friend who came to join the club who couldn't come in for the same reason. It was his birthday though. SO we went down the road and I got us a pitcher. We split the pitcher and I was texted that the meeting was getting very nasty, and that I needed to really come and explain what has been happening on my end. When I got there I listened to the speakers until the chopping blade was pointed at me. I explained that I had followed the rules and that we as an association were in good standing with all of the entity's we work with. A very similar question was put at me again and yet again. At this point of time I lost my cool and I know the whole bar heard me. I apologize for this. Ordinarily I would not have yelled, but it was really hard not to when your answers are being discarded by people with preconceived notions of what they think has happened. I also wouldn't have been so fired up without that half of pitcher. I also wouldn't have had that if I would have stayed at the meeting.

The most important thing about this club is that we learn how to work together and create a positive association with our communities and with ourselves. This bickering is quite wearing and it's not fun. We had a no alcohol rule in place a year back or so, and our meetings were more corrigible. We have to learn from our mistakes and evolve, or keep rolling around in this nastiness

I also want to say thanks to Sean Johnson for his level voice.. I do not know you very well but the things I have heard you say and have read are as close to dead center as you could possibly be in our crazy group of disc golfers. If there is ever a "Moderator" position I think you would make for a very wise choice. I heard a member say, that even if they could tell you felt a certain way about an issue, you were still very interested in giving the other side a fair shake. Thanks again.. I am looking forward to working and seeing things improve for disc golfers here in Spokane!
          Last edited by Yoduh; November 19th, 2011, 01:25 AM. Reason: You can't handle the truth and you don't wanna know the name of the pink elephant!!
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
            Lyle was that meeting fun?
            From my experience, most organized meetings aren't. This includes meetings about disc golf and everything else.

But on the other hand I had a sick and morbid kind of fun. The same kind of fun I have reading a lot of the NWDG forums.

Did you know that the bartender would not come and serve us because "she was afraid!?" Another group of patrons was "Waiting for the fight to happen!"
            I didn't hear that, but I also didn't stick around afterward. However, at no point did I ever think a fight was going to break out.

Did you notice anybody getting ganged up on?
            Obviously. My understanding of the reason for calling this meeting was to crucify you and Jeff.

What about not letting speakers finish questions, because somebody else blurted out another question, while the original question was being answered? Questions being asked the exact same way, several times is a clear cut case of either disrespect and not listening, OR too much ALCOHOL!
            People either not being allowed to finish or rambling on/saying the same stuff over and over is a problem at every meeting, alcohol or not. I didn't find any of the worst offenders to be drunk. The people that I saw drink the most at this meeting were not really involved in the discussions either way. I think this has more to do with the personalities of people involved, whether or not they are sober.

I would hope that members with disagreements or not, would listen and respect one another. Everybody at that meeting deserves respect for what they have done in our community. For paying their $20.. For taking their time to show up. Everybody at a meeting should follow some very basic principals of meetings. We may need to add these to our charter.

1. We should listen to one another to find out whats happened.
            2. Add what we think.
            3. Make plans and motions and move on from there.
            Absolutely.

I ask any one of you at that meeting to express to me how you would feel if you were badgered by a large group of people. A group that is not listening to your answers and doing whatever they can to piss you off and disrespect you???? I think that once again alchohol has played a huge role in drama at an SDGA club meeting. For some reason or another people think a meeting is a great place to drink. They can't seem to help but drink. It's really no wonder why the same questions were asked repeatedly.... I of course am drawing conclusions, but my experience has taught me that people that drink can easily resort to a mob mentality. Which is probably why we scared the all of the people in the same building as us.

For this reason I ask that the SDGA adopt a club meeting rule, that keeps all members attending a meeting, from drinking while at the meeting, or from being noticeably drunk.. I feel like if you can't meet for a couple hours without booze for a constructive club meeting, than maybe you should go to another type of meeting. A tasty micro is a great way to relax and enjoy time among friends, and a shot of whiskey helps too. There is a time and a place! If I am heated about something, DRINKING is the LAST THING I need to do!! That is a pretty good rule for humans. It takes an emotional situation, and turns into an explosive situation. Not the kind of positive atmosphere we should create in our community, or to the viewers of our community. I know that the people that were in that bar that were not a part of our situation were shocked! We really put a bad taste in peoples mouth's that knew nothing about us, well they do now!

I take this sport serious, and as I've heard Gordy say "it's also serious fun!" Our meetings that happen 4 times a year are serious! We as club members have a very small window to figure out things and to get down to brass tax. Booze is not ever used effectively in these sort of situations.. I know that when I drink my mouth gets a little wider and my ears don't listen quite as well. Anybody that's been sober around people that are drinking know what I am talking about. If you were at that meeting and don't know how much more difficult it is to handle stressful situations while intoxicated, I think it's called denial..

I am guilty of the same thing at this meeting. I wasn't allowed into the meeting because my id expired and I hadn't realized it. So I left with a friend who came to join the club who couldn't come in for the same reason. It was his birthday though. SO we went down the road and I got us a pitcher. We split the pitcher and I was texted that the meeting was getting very nasty, and that I needed to really come and explain what has been happening on my end. When I got there I listened to the speakers until the chopping blade was pointed at me. I explained that I had followed the rules and that we as an association were in good standing with all of the entity's we work with. A very similar question was put at me again and yet again. At this point of time I lost my cool and I know the whole bar heard me. I apologize for this. Ordinarily I would not have yelled, but it was really hard not to when your answers are being discarded by people with preconceived notions of what they think has happened. I also wouldn't have been so fired up without that half of pitcher. I also wouldn't have had that if I would have stayed at the meeting.

The most important thing about this club is that we learn how to work together and create a positive association with our communities and with ourselves. This bickering is quite wearing and it's not fun. We had a no alcohol rule in place a year back or so, and our meetings were more corrigible. We have to learn from our mistakes and evolve, or keep rolling around in this nastiness
            I think placing the blame on alcohol is a bit of a straw man. If this meeting were dry, I could actually see it going very much the same way. That is unfortunate. People would rather argue than move forward, which is not how disc golf should be.

I also want to say thanks to Sean Johnson for his level voice.. I do not know you very well but the things I have heard you say and have read are as close to dead center as you could possibly be in our crazy group of disc golfers. If there is ever a "Moderator" position I think you would make for a very wise choice. I heard a member say, that even if they could tell you felt a certain way about an issue, you were still very interested in giving the other side a fair shake. Thanks again.. I am looking forward to working and seeing things improve for disc golfers here in Spokane!
            Indeed.

Comment

Sorry...

Originally posted by Parks View Post
              Chill out??!?

Goddammit Tim, if I catch you in my backyard cutting my shrubs with a chainsaw without permission again I'm going to snap. I will not chill out!
              How many times do I have to apologize, Lyle!? I am powerless over power tools!!!!

I admit it was a bad idea to think the entire neighborhood would want all their plants cut into the shape of Mach 3 baskets.

I am back on the medication and the group therapy sessions are really helping me learn about how to contol my impulses.

The judge said no power tools or the use of anything sharper than the leading edge of JK Aviar without adult supervision and I aim to behave!

There, now everyone knows and I feel much better.

Comment

Originally posted by friable7 View Post
                How many times do I have to apologize, Lyle!? I am powerless over power tools!!!!

I admit it was a bad idea to think the entire neighborhood would want all their plants cut into the shape of Mach 3 baskets.

I am back on the medication and the group therapy sessions are really helping me learn about how to contol my impulses.

The judge said no power tools or the use of anything sharper than the leading edge of JK Aviar without adult supervision and I aim to behave!

There, now everyone knows and I feel much better.
                shame on you tim for falling off your med wagon ..

Comment

Good to see you up there Tim. I was happy to see you not shaking without power tools a buzzing, congrats on your recovery. Remember, one day at a time!!
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

How did the benefit do yesterday? How many golfers showed and how much was raised?
                    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Good to see you up there Tim. I was happy to see you not shaking without power tools a buzzing, congrats on your recovery. Remember, one day at a time!!
                      Thanks for showing me around the area. Yeah, I feel good knowing that shrubbery need not fear Mr. Tim anymore...!

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
                        shame on you tim for falling off your med wagon ..
                        Yeah, what was I thinkin'...!

Comment

New PUBLIC DG course

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                          How did the benefit do yesterday? How many golfers showed and how much was raised?
                          I enjoyed the first round played with my dbls partner Pete Wilson ,even just getting over my cold couldn't stop the fun we all had on the hill. Thanks Jeremy & Jeff and others for a damn good start on the newest course in Spokane. Tee flags w/ distances on every bucket hole we played.
                          Playing this "proposed, preliminarily designed dg course, Crumkani was damn fun. It reminded my in parts to some of our other wooded course's like Down river, Corbin, FSP. I played only the lower course, and only one time, but I was not disappointed with dumb holes. The design and flow of this course felt smooth and unprecarious. Jeff and Jeremy showed to me and Peter piles of "existing" brush that were here and there all over the proposed land/ course. Most of these slash looking piles were already on the land before and work started, i could see that. Some were created by picking up or clearing the ground of the natural corridors. Some where from making corridors. What i saw on the ground compared to what it came from, ie, the forest is actually quit small.There is still a full forest of threes and shrubs there. Over in Idaho forest service workers refer to small pine trees as "weeds' due to there resilience and rapid growth . To describe what i saw as "Outlaw Bushwhacking" seem's a gross exaggeration.
                          If the issue isn't the course itself, but the fact you feel uninvited, sdga, Do you think that you could get over that disappointment and put behind yourself's the disdain you have towards Jeff Crum and Jeremy Thornton? This isnt the first time you have shown misgivings, to put it mildly, towards these club members.
                          As Cory said, all dg ers love throwing disc's into baskets and a new place to do that would be like a kid in a candy store. I feel like a kid taping on the storefront window trying to get the attention of a new little puppy, wanting baskets to throw to. This location is closer than Dnrvr and Hbdg to me, and imo the beginnings of a great course. Im anticipating the next time i get the opportunity to play it without snow. If i were a club member, i would put my support behind this PROPOSED COURSE
                          Last edited by tomw; November 27th, 2011, 05:08 AM. Reason: clearity

Comment

Tom, My support is 100 % behind disc golf at Camp Sekani and as soon as possible.

My inquiry was to identify how many players were at the benefit round and how much was raised at the benefit.

This is information that should be shared with the Board and the members of the club.
                            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Jeremy,

Is there any significant changes that happened to the Jamboree course? Are you available to lead a couple people around tomorrow?

Stu
                              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

answer

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                                Jeremy,

Is there any significant changes that happened to the Jamboree course? Are you available to lead a couple people around tomorrow?

Stu
                                I don't know about Jeremy, but I will be there for a while tomorrow if I can help.

let me know.

Sky Pilot
                                Rely on Me

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X