X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Sekani

Congratulations to the DISC GOLFERS in Spokane on the birth of their new Disc Golf Course
    CAMP SEKANI

I would like to thank those that have had a hand in bringing this BABY to Spokane.
    The Spokane City Park's Department
    The Spokane County Park's Department
    The Spokane Disc Golf Association
    Jeff Crum
    Taylor Bressler
    Leroy Eadie
    Mike Aho
    The Disc Golf Community of Spokane

Cody Miller will be directing the first tournament at Camp Sekani this coming Sunday.

Where: Camp Sekani
    When: November 6, 2011 @ 10:00 am
    Cost: $10 per person for 2 rounds
    Format: To be announced
    Last edited by Wobbly Bob; November 3rd, 2011, 06:53 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Spellcheck

All you guys who are throwing around Leroy's name would do us a service by knowing how to spell it. E-A-D-I-E

Comment

Misspelling one's name

Having a last name like Perrewe, I understand about misspelling and mispronunciation. I apologize to Mr. Eadie for this error. I was using the spelling that Jeff used. I was not throwing anyone's name around, my intent is a heartfelt THANK YOU.

Comment

Point taken

I guess you guys with the frenchy sounding names have learned to put up with it. But Eadie? That's Scottish! We don't roll that way.
        Can I get a member ship renewal while I'm there? Thiss'll be my 10th year running. Do I get one free now?

Comment

Big Deal

I got a call from Tom Schot this evening from somewhere in the Sierra Foothills of N. California. He is just finishing up a Disc Golf Course design there. He said he is already familiar with our courses and then heard about the opening of the site at Sekani. He told me that he would like to come to Spokane later this month and spend two or three weeks here to study the property and create for us a course design or two course designs or a 27 hole course design what ever we want.
          I told him I just wet my pants . I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with the Jack Nickalus of disc golf. He said he will give me another call over the weekend so I will have more concrete details for everyone in the next few days. This really is becoming a magical time in our Disc Golf story! Way to Go SDGA.

Comment

Camp Sekani Thread

I contacted the Webmaster at NWDGNews on Wednesday and requested a new thread to be posted under Disc Golf Courses/Washington: Eastern WA./Camp Sekani.

I haven't heard back yet but I'm sure it's not far away.

Comment

2012 SDGA Membership

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
              I guess you guys with the frenchy sounding names have learned to put up with it. But Eadie? That's Scottish! We don't roll that way.
              Can I get a member ship renewal while I'm there? Thiss'll be my 10th year running. Do I get one free now?

I hope that Kevin will bring some membership forms for 2012. I would like to sign up for next year as well.

I'll bring a few forms myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                I got a call from Tom Schot this evening from somewhere in the Sierra Foothills of N. California. He is just finishing up a Disc Golf Course design there. He said he is already familiar with our courses and then heard about the opening of the site at Sekani. He told me that he would like to come to Spokane later this month and spend two or three weeks here to study the property and create for us a course design or two course designs or a 27 hole course design what ever we want.
                When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

AWESOME!!! So the best place to park is the Boulder Beach parking lot or???
                  SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
                    AWESOME!!! So the best place to park is the Boulder Beach parking lot or???
                    Hmm...approaching from the East? Drive ~1500' past the Boulder Beach parking lot and take a right at Camp Sekani. There is a terraced parking area just inside the gate and to the left...can't miss it. The first tee of the "Jam" course is to the right of the kiosk on the upper level.
                    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

It gets Worse

Originally posted by tomw
                      "Gordy #21004=I told him I just wet my pants" ,and there not a damn thing you can do about it! quote from Dances with Wolves.
                      I have to work out of town next week and may not be able to make the Jam trny this Sunday Good luck guys
                      Then I spilled all my Cheteos right in my lap.

Comment

Sekani Benefit #1

18 people came out to play in the 1st Sekani Benefit. Jeremy handled the registration and the scorecards and turned in $190 to the Club.
                        There were two more donations from two guys who couldn't play; $10 more.
                        The INWS sales table turned in 20% of its sales from the day; $14 more
                        Altogether that's $214 raised and dedicated to the Sekani project in the first day! There will be a second Benefit in two weeks. Keep checking in for details. A big thanks to all who kicked down and had a great time in the process!
                        Gordy.

Comment

Do you know what day you will be holding the 2nd event?

I would like to keep the date clear.
                          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Saturday the 19th is the next Camp Sakani Fundraiser!!! $10 entry fee and $5 goes to the course! I will begin taking registration at 11:30. The pros will play Sakani Gold and the ams will play the Jamboree course for schwag. Come out and see how quickly our new courses are coming together and support our new playground! Bring baskets and smiles!!!
                            Relax and enjoy your hair
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

transition

The Sdga Board met tonight to discuss the transition of the Sekani project from the acquisition phase to the implementation phase. The measure before the Sdga to appoint a project manager to spearhead the project and their attendant
                              measure to subsequently designate a course designer was met with overwhelming support from the Board present.
                              The discussion was specifically about whether the Club contact to the Park's Dept. reservered the right to designate himself as Sekani course designer and designate the courses as finalized prior to these options being presented back to the Board. The Board concluded that the first step forward must come back to the Club first. We agree this decision underscores the Club's role in this process from it's very beginning. We further refer to the Club the services of Tom Schot, a nationally renowned disc course designer, to tackle the unique challenges of camp Sekani.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X