X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New course in town?

Ok, I'm not trying to start anything but am curious where course development sits currently.

Downriver: I know there has been talk of a redesign, would be nice to see as it's stuck between the cool course that it was and the awesome course it could be. Despite claims, 1/11/17, 2/17, and 7/8 are hazardous.

People's Park: I suppose could be ok as a lower to mid level course to take pressure off, but will development be allowed? Is Any course design taking into account Spring high water levels? What happens if digging turns up artifacts(likely)?

Boy Scout Camp at Minihaha: Would be all kinds of cool to have a full on pro level public course in town and this site prob has the best potential for that. Heard it was in the Parks plan, where does that sit?

I'm sure there is festering crankiness about some of this and I gotta say I don't really want to hear it. As Joe Friday sez, 'Just the facts, Ma'am'. I ask because I love playing and would like to help improve the sport in Spokane.

I would like to add that Highbridge has become an awesome course, as nice as any I've played in Seattle or Portland. I appreciate everyone's hard work to make that happen and want to help moving forward.

Downriver: I know there has been talk of a redesign, would be nice to see as it's stuck between the cool course that it was and the awesome course it could be. Despite claims, 1/11/17, 2/17, and 7/8 are hazardous.
    At present the board has approved the Facilities Coordinator to put together a group to explore second pin positions and bring his findings back to the board for approval.

People's Park: I suppose could be ok as a lower to mid level course to take pressure off, but will development be allowed? Is Any course design taking into account Spring high water levels? What happens if digging turns up artifacts(likely)?
    The Facilities Coordinator has done some research into an above ground solution that he is taking to the Parks Dept. for input and/or approval.

Boy Scout Camp at Minihaha: Would be all kinds of cool to have a full on pro level public course in town and this site prob has the best potential for that. Heard it was in the Parks plan, where does that sit?
    The Parks Dept. still has us on hold until the People's Park Project is complete. There has been no action taken by the board concerning the wonderful possibilities this property has as a Disc Golf Course.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Thanks for the update, Bob. Will pester proper people for specifics as I have time. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
        At present the board has approved the Facilities Coordinator to put together a group to explore second pin positions and bring his findings back to the board for approval.

The Facilities Coordinator has done some research into an above ground solution that he is taking to the Parks Dept. for input and/or approval.

The Parks Dept. still has us on hold until the People's Park Project is complete. There has been no action taken by the board concerning the wonderful possibilities this property has as a Disc Golf Course.
        Bob,

I used to live in Pocatello, ID, and they have a little 9 hole course in the city called Upper Ross Park. The city wanted a way to have real baskets installed but have something that could be easily moved and even have the baskets taken to other locations such as schools if needed. They devised this interesting little system that you see in the picture link. They poured cement stabs with eye-bolts that are padlocked to the cement which resulted in much less digging for the sleeves/baskets and they are easily removed. Something to think about for People Park since it sounds like the city and SDGA are stuck in the mud on how to move forward with this. Check it out!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=112&mode=lf

If the link doesn't take you right to the picture I am referencing click on the "Media" tab and look at the 9th picture - it should be labeled as hole 5's basket.

Comment

Described ancors in meeting thread. 700lb concrete monstrosities! :-) Make sure you like the placement before you put them in, but sounds like a great solution.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X