X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting the benchs @ drownriver

WILL THE BOARD PLEASE ANSWER THIER E-MAIL ABOUT PAINTING THE BENCHS @ DOWNRIVER .. i dont know about the board BUT alot of us players LIKE playing at downriver but are not real happy about the graffiti on the benchs i have been asked(by a painter if we could do this was told BY A BOARD member we need to vote on this ) to paint them but have not heard back from the board in a week.....

Obviously it's not a hot topic with the speedy reply your getting, if painting benches needs a vote to cover up graffiti then you might just hurry up and wait. I don't know why covering up graffiti would need a vote? Its a no briainer, just paint it. I think most of the people on the board don't play enough @ Downriver to have the graffiti bother them, but with the sport being so popular in the summer and all the families down there, I would paint them and then take the wrath of the club. I think painting them is a good idea, the graffiti gets painted over @ Highbridge without votes. If not we could just sit down there and play connect the cuss words on the benches while we wait for a vote. PAINT THE BENCHES, PAINT THE BENCHES.

Comment

Hey look! Someone painted the benches!(at least the one on #16) Black...nice.

At first, I thought, "WTF...Black?", but I think it's a good idea -- can't sharpie up a black bench, plus, if someone marks it up with a light-colored paint marker, then the rest of us course-respecting players can just cover it up right away. I mean, everyone's got a black sharpie in their bag, right?

BTW: It is so ridiculous that it would take a vote of the board, who never meets during tourney season, just to paint a flippin' bench

...it's beyond asinine....it's asitwelve
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Yeah, I think that those sort of decisions should be just handled. It would make the SDGA look really petty if they went off on a tangent of anger about the benches being painted. Plus, black will be a good way to keep people from sitting in them in the hot weather. I'm not going to burn my ass
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

the reason the benchs are black (thats a brownstone brown ) is the painter that said he would do this had to leave town for two weeks so I painted the benchs !! and the reason that HIGH BRIDGE benchs gets painted is our DEAR CLUB PRES plays there ALOT and HE dont care what happens to DOWNRIVER because he dont play there so he dont care what happens over there..

BTW .. SPEAKING to the board ... what are YOU going to do with MOUNDS of tree branchs you took from the hillside and pilied them up to be a BIG BONFIRE ? i hope you dont expect ME or the other club members to clean up YOUR mess you made ?

Comment

I am very pleased that you take such notice of things at Downriver. And work so hard to take care of it.
            The problem isn't that I don't care about Downriver, it's that I probably cared too much and was disappointed too many times.
            I first began to become discouraged with Downriver when the redesign didn't happen in 09'.
            In addition, I also didn't particularly like the direction of hole #2's tee pad. It was pointed directly at #17's basket. When the Board toured the course to discuss changes mandated by the City a while back we talked about tee pad placement for #2. When I saw the work on the pad I was impressed and grateful that they did a fine job - just disappointed about the alignment of it. I also was disappointed when I recently saw the state of the Tee Signs at that course. They have suffered a great deal of damage since I refinished them in 2010.
            Downriver is a great area with wonderful potential, I just think that we need to start over and do it up right.
            It was also discouraging to me that I stated in no uncertain terms that hole #8 was the best example of a violation of the city's rules concerning breaking down the bank when people retrieve their discs from the waters edge. Unfortunately, nothing has been done about this. Bressler (the City Park Operations Manager) and I will be touring Downriver soon to apprise him of the changes. If I was a liar I could steer him away from #8 and tell him we changed it, but that's not my style.
            Personally I think Downriver needs an upgrade. I'd like to see the club seriously consider a true re-design. Since we like to nit-pick so much about that course, perhaps we could just pay a real course designer to do it. Then when the criticisms come (and indeed they will) we could refer the grumblers to the designer.
            On another note: In case anyone sensible want to know. the benches at High Bridge have been painted recently. We lapsed into a really practical mode in a moment of sheer inspiration and just decided to use the same color on the tee signs and the benches for ease of maintenance. Besides, we still have quite a bit of the same color available.
            Just because someone has ninety gallons of free paint doesn't mean that we should repaint the Convention Center.
            Thanks for your dedication to Downriver, Joe, and yes I do care.

Sky Pilot
            Rely on Me

Comment

Blood Sweat and Tears

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
              ...The problem isn't that I don't care about Downriver, it's that I probably cared too much and was disappointed too many times.
              Sky Pilot
              Disappointment is part of the game and it's politics. As someone who has been battered and bruised by the many disappointments It's better to just move on and rely the ones who can and do make it happen not the blowhards or the jubbies come latelies.

I first began to become discouraged with Downriver when the redesign didn't happen in 09'.
              In addition, I also didn't particularly like the direction of hole #2's tee pad. It was pointed directly at #17's basket. When the Board toured the course to discuss changes mandated by the City a while back we talked about tee pad placement for #2. When I saw the work on the pad I was impressed and grateful that they did a fine job - just disappointed about the alignment of it. I also was disappointed when I recently saw the state of the Tee Signs at that course. They have suffered a great deal of damage since I refinished them in 2010.

Sky Pilot
              Did you honestly beleive "once was going to be enough" and "pleased" after the fact? Silly Rabbit

...Downriver is a great area with wonderful potential, I just think that we need to start over and do it up right.
              It was also discouraging to me that I stated in no uncertain terms that hole #8 was the best example of a violation of the city's rules concerning breaking down the bank when people retrieve their discs from the waters edge. Unfortunately, nothing has been done about this. Bressler (the City Park Operations Manager) and I will be touring Downriver soon to apprise him of the changes. If I was a liar I could steer him away from #8 and tell him we changed it, but that's not my style.

Sky Pilot
              This brings up two different problems
              First: Why are you alone meeting with the P/R guy?

Seems pretty needy to me and almost a veiled threat Personally speaking that is

Second maybe your not a liar but entering into agreements on the clubs behalf without club support is just asking for disaster. IE Payment for clinics

A better way might be to ask for the P/R guidelines in writing then present them as fact not hear say.

Personally I think Downriver needs an upgrade. I'd like to see the club seriously consider a true re-design. Since we like to nit-pick so much about that course, perhaps we could just pay a real course designer to do it. Then when the criticisms come (and indeed they will) we could refer the grumblers to the designer.

Sky Pilot

Central Lesson of recent LCO course changes

Want to hear bitching
              Tell the tournament players the course will NOT be what they have always played her so their once "tuned bag" is now worthless.

Blood, Sweat and Tears?
              It seems you realized the easiest of the three. You should try the other two on for size!
              rewindb.com

Comment

I am very pleased that you take such notice of things at Downriver. And work so hard to take care of it.
                The problem isn't that I don't care about Downriver, it's that I probably cared too much and was disappointed too many times.
                Downriver is a great area with wonderful potential, I just think that we need to start over and do it up right.
                On another note: In case anyone sensible want to know. the benches at High Bridge have been painted recently. We lapsed into a really practical mode in a moment of sheer inspiration and just decided to use the same color on the tee signs and the benches for ease of maintenance. Besides, we still have quite a bit of the same color available.
                Just because someone has ninety gallons of free paint doesn't mean that we should repaint the Convention Center.

Sky Pilot
                Jeff thank you for noticing the work that has been done down there and when you walk thru there again with Bressler be real proud of the course thats down there OH AND MAKE SURE YOU TELL HIM THAT YOU PERSONALY HAVE DONE NOTHING SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU 2 WALKED THRU.. also tell him that I WAS working on saving a hillside from being eroded away BUT because I WAS THE ONLY ONE getting it done AND using what was around on the course because thats all I had with to work, BUT NO YOU and the board didnt like it, so I was yelled at to stop doing any and all unauthorized work at the course NOW there is a HILLSIDE rapidly eroding away AGAIN, AND some REALLY HUGE PILES OF BONFIRE WOOD all thanks to THE BOARD.
                oh and nice of you to VOTE on painting the benchs @ HB.
                IM NOT painting the convention center, I have heard more then ONE player complain about all the graffiti on the benches, that it was UGLY and OFFENSIVE!! I had a painter who plays the sport volenter his time and the paint to cover it up.
                WHEN are YOU going to put the sponsered holes NEW tee signs up, or was all that just for HB ?? OH and THANKS for just SPENDING the clubs money on stuff CLUB MEMBERS would have gladly done for the SPORT OF DISCGOLF...OH BTW.. DO YOU KNOW I BUY ALL THE GLO STICKS FOR MY NITE GOLF TOURNEY & THE GARBAGE BAGS FOR THE COURSE... DOES THE CLUB HELP FOR ANY OF THESE THINGS ? NOOO . AND YET I STILL PAY THE CLUB TO HOLD A GLO NITE ... THANKS JEFF !
                as for this YOU weren`t even a player that came down there a lot before 09.. And most of the changes that have been made was the result of you walking through the course with Bressler, You TOLD the club what needed to be done and then walked away ..

As a PRES of a club Jeff YOU disappoint the members .. as for me I am unstable AND everyone knows this because I am down there at the course DEFENDING the club.. yet I have only seen you down there ONCE for a glo nite AND once during the day.. AND JEFF THIS WAS A NICE INSULT COMING FROM the pres
                In case anyone sensible want to know
                So I guess you are saying I have no sense ? Hmmm makes me kinda wonder WHAT else you call the club members behind their back.
                For someone who says they care YOU SURE DONT SHOW IT!! OR YOU WOULD BE AS DEDICATED TO DOWNRIVER AS I AM!! instead of spending all your time at highbridge and letting downriver just go by the way side!!
                Last edited by psychodwarf; June 30th, 2011, 12:36 AM.

Comment

HA HA!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mazza View Post
                    HA HA!!!!!
                    Ha Ha What?

As I have said before - if High Bridge gets done, Downriver is likely to be next on the list.
                    Your starting to scare me Joe. You claim to know EVERYTHING about my schedule. Are you stalking me? You also seem to apparently know everything I'm thinking as well. Have you replaced the ALMIGHTY?

Take care of yourself.

Jeff
                    Rely on Me

Comment

Ha Ha What?

As I have said before - if High Bridge gets done, Downriver is likely to be next on the list.
                      Your starting to scare me Joe. You claim to know EVERYTHING about my schedule. Are you stalking me? You also seem to apparently know everything I'm thinking as well. Have you replaced the ALMIGHTY?

Take care of yourself.

Jeff
                      i dont need to stalk you jeff .. its easy .. you dont do much at all.. still waiting on NEW tee signs for downriver for the sponsers that have paid to have them ...

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
                        i dont need to stalk you jeff .. its easy .. you dont do much at all.. still waiting on NEW tee signs for downriver for the sponsers that have paid to have them ...
                        Joe, don't make yourself look silly. You have NO IDEA what I do most of the time.

We're waiting on the changes at Downriver to solidify. Why make a sign to have the information change the next week. Decisions need to be made concerning the recent alternates. Are they going to stay or go. Will there be more alternates once Jon's group meets to discuss this?
                        These questions need to be addressed prior to formalizing a sign with a route, distance and mandos etc.

Sky Pilot
                        Rely on Me

Comment

Good point about the sponsored tee signs, when do they get recognition? do they get a year when the signs go up or when the check hit the bank? Because I know we found a sponsor for downriver that handed $ over for a hole sponsorship and that was quite a while back. I'm sure there business could use some more business but its really none of my business. Peace....

Comment

Originally posted by Whippetbrown View Post
                            Good point about the sponsored tee signs, when do they get recognition? do they get a year when the signs go up or when the check hit the bank? Because I know we found a sponsor for downriver that handed $ over for a hole sponsorship and that was quite a while back. I'm sure there business could use some more business but its really none of my business. Peace....

...As you know my salary isn't very high for Disc Golf work. I just finished building the Kiosk roofs with other volunteers. There are other issues in the mix as well nearly all the time. If you would just increase my pay Joe, well then we could talk.
                            As for the Tee Signs at Downriver - basically I sold the advertising with a few exceptions. That in it's self is a great deal of work. There are 2 remaining signs which will (hopefully) be traded for printing etc.
                            The Sponsorship agreement which every sponsor signs clearly states that the year begins once the signs are posted. For example all the sponsorships for High Bridge will be through with their year this coming February.
                            In addition, the money gathered for the sponsorships is non-refundable. The sponsors knew this when they signed the form.
                            We have every intention of having professionally designed signs (as stated in the contract) up as soon as possible. However, some of the issues delaying this are out of my hands.

Sky Pilot
                            Rely on Me

Comment

New Tee signs

What I hear most often about the new signs is that the actual hole information should be bolder and that the illustration for the hole should be oriented vertically. I like the brighter colors of the new signs at HB and think the new ones at DR could be less somber as well.
                              After the Country Cup Bob will be inviting creative input from Clubbers, updating the hole and alt data (with Jon's help), getting the Sponsors and logos together and producing some new signs.
                              See you at the Cup Gordy

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X