X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
    The SDGA has agreed to the terms of the Spokane Parks Foundation Grant Fiscal Agreement and the Grant money can now be used for the accessibility project at Highbridge Park Disc Golf Course.

Through this agreement the SDGA has also retained a qualified fiscal agent (The Spokane Parks Foundation) for the acceptance of tax deductible donations from companies, corporations and private parties.

Thanks to all who had a hand in seeing this project through.
    I thought the stipulation to receiving this Grant money was that it had to be used before the end of the year. Am I incorrect in this belief?
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'm not exactly sure, but I believe that it is one year from the date of accepting the money.
      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

The time period for the grant was included in the proposal.
        As far as I know it started in June, just after the project was approved.
        Last edited by jshrack; October 15th, 2011, 11:16 AM.
        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gordy #21004
          On may 12th 2011, the Parks Foundation presented the SD GA with the grant we applied for. The conditions to be met were presented to the SDGA Board and the Board accepted the conditions with no objections. To complete our acceptance of the terms Jeff signed and returned a 'Grant Award Confirmation Form' on May 15th, 2011. The Foundations promise upon receiving this form was, " when we receive the attached confirmation form that indicates you accept the terms of this grant, we will process the check. ($4,815.00)
          We jumped all the hurdles. Now all we need is just 260 hours of volunteer digging. Call Jon and let him know when your blocks of available hours are. Happy Summer. Gordy

I don't get it gordy posted that June 24th
          then Oct.12 Bob post The SDGA has agreed to the terms of the Spokane Parks Foundation Grant Fiscal Agreement and the Grant money can now be used for the accessibility project at Highbridge Park Disc Golf Course.

Through this agreement the SDGA has also retained a qualified fiscal agent (The Spokane Parks Foundation) for the acceptance of tax deductible donations from companies, corporations and private parties.

didn't The Board already agree to the terms almost four months ago?

if these are not the same thing, why did it take four months for The Board to agree to the next set of terms from the city?

Maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about but this Project should have been Finished in september at the latest.
          at least thats what I invisioned
          I guess I had higher hopes of SDGA and what could be accomplished I Wish I could have thrown some of my free Labor towards this project.
          But it is what... October its going to be snowing in probably a month and it probably wont be nice till maybe late May next year, even in May the ground is still very wet & heavy and not very plesent to dig up
          Even in june, july and August Tourny season is here.
          I hate to say it but I don't see it Happening I truley hope that I'm Proven Wrong.

Hopefully I haven't hurt anyones Feelers(feelings) for what I have said.
          But It Is What It Is

Comment

More detail

Well for starters their was everyone's vacation they had to take all at different times. Also there was a 1300 word legal document we reviewed that we would have to sign in order to have the grant money disbursed. That prompted a lot of questions the answers to which came in sporadically and in no particular order. Then there was us wrangling over who would be the Club's representative to access the funds. Then there was the Foundation itself informing us they they had to have an internal review concerning how they themselves needed to legally word their own documents .(that cost us about three weeks)
            I asked the Foundation for some consideration in the form of an extension to get the project done to which they were agreeable since a great deal of the delay was beyond our control.
            But there is an upside: with this qualified fiscal agency now in place, all are encouraged to make tax-deductable donations to the Spokane Parks Foundation in the name of the SDGA. This is a new instrument for us and will live beyond the life of the grant project.With that in mind I'm glad that everyone took the time to make sure that this fiscal agency contract was going to be the right instrument for us.
            One potential downside to the grant project itself came out at the meeting with the Park's Manager last nite: The railroad ties that we propose to install at HB Park are not an environmentally suitable material and our options for substitute material are unknown at this time.. My first guess is that it will be alot more expensive, and that our math for doing the project won't pencil out. Perhaps the scope of the project could be scaled down with the Foundation's approval and we would again be good to go. Gordy

Comment

Originally posted by BakederThinU View Post
              I hate to say it but I don't see it Happening I truley hope that I'm Proven Wrong.
              It'll happen.

Comment

""It'll happen."" Is this a shovel ready project!!
                A new coarse in Spokane(valley) would be awesome, imo

Comment

With all the time and effort our 'club' has recently put into Sekani, why haven't we seen any move forward with our $5000 grant at High Bridge?

Jeff stated that he, Jon, and Jeremy have put in hundreds of hours between them... we could have finished High Bridge by now and we could be applying for a brand new Camp Sekani Grant.

Instead, members of our Club Board decided that approved and planned projects come second to their own personal accomplishments. I don't see High Bridge ever getting done so long as we have a board who pigeon holes it's plans with every new development.

The club has received multiple thousands of dollars but doesn't have the organizational leadership to put it to use.
                  With the Board circumventing club decisions, undermining club appointed committees, alienating its members, stockpiling cash reserves without any accounting or accountability, and refusing to hold regular meetings... we need a new and reliable way to keep up our courses.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                    With all the time and effort our 'club' has recently put into Sekani, why haven't we seen any move forward with our $5000 grant at High Bridge?

Jeff stated that he, Jon, and Jeremy have put in hundreds of hours between them... we could have finished High Bridge by now and we could be applying for a brand new Camp Sekani Grant.

Instead, members of our Club Board decided that approved and planned projects come second to their own personal accomplishments. I don't see High Bridge ever getting done so long as we have a board who pigeon holes it's plans with every new development.

The club has received multiple thousands of dollars but doesn't have the organizational leadership to put it to use.
                    With the Board circumventing club decisions, undermining club appointed committees, alienating its members, stockpiling cash reserves without any accounting or accountability, and refusing to hold regular meetings... we need a new and reliable way to keep up our courses.
                    I see a problem but no solution in my post... sorry for that.

Possible Solution: Assign a groundskeeper to each of the sites or courses.

Rather than the Facilities coordinator being responsible for everything in 3 very different settings, one person could help develop each course in a different way.
                    This would provide an opening to make the three courses into completely different golf experiences.
                    It would also make sure that the addition and development of Sekani doesn't leave Downriver and High Bridge lacking attention over the next year.

You already have an AM and a PRO working on Sekani... with the possible addition of Tom Schott that site could really turn into something special.
                    Let PRO/AM teams submit annual course development plans to the Board, vote on the best concept and assign a team to each course, they could be responsible for a variety of tasks. They could also report directly to their fellow golfers to find special skills, assimilate ideas, get input, plan work parties, etc.

Comment

Accountable

Justin, You can always start with what you have control over. Giving us an accounting of the various weeklies since April would be a good way to go. Also when you find the time could you settle up with the Club about the $1000 we fronted you to start up the Global. I'm sure with your intention to use the start up funds to create benefits for the players and to add to the Club's merchandise inventory that anytime would be a good time to clear the ledger.
                      I would be happy to discuss any of your questions with you and share any knowledge I have about them with you.
                      Your Friend and Treasurer, Gordy

Comment

Sounds like some people prefer dodging the issue addressed in this thread...

Comment

well justin you and jeff wrote the grant .. wheres jeff now ? oh thats right HE WALKED AWAY from it just like most things he starts .. why dont you ask JEFF CRUM WHY we are not working on high bridge .. oh thats right he dont care no more about high bridge OR the SDGA ... IT IS ALL ABOUT JEFF...and yes justin WHERE is the money from the global throwdown or are you going dodge THE ISSUE AS WELL ?

Comment

Is it time to settle up....yet?

stockpiling cash reserves without any accounting or accountability,
                            In regards to the Global Throwdown, it seems that some action on your own part should be taken before you should talk any further about the club's accountability or use of it's funds.

Comment

First of all, I wrote the grant with Jon, Jeff, and Derrin... with most of that help coming from Jon.

Second point, Jon was supposed to take on the project once the grant was approved, a major reason for letting him develop the project schedule.

Third note, since the project was officially in the Boards hands, I am asking ALL the members of the board to comment upon this issue, since they are alll involved in the decision, not just Jeff.

Lastly, I am asking Joe not to respond to this thread anymore since he is not apprised of the details in either of the situations he has so rudely commented upon.

Side Bar:
                              As for the money that Gordy announced was 'donated' to the Global Tourney... I am not really sure what any of the details are. I was not involved in the process of asking the club for this money. I made a very succinct proposal to the board and my proposal was shot down by Gordy and Jaymie before the board approved or denied it (circumventing the charter.) They changed the wording on my proposal and I told them I wasn't soliciting input or alterations; they continued to reword my proposal so I walked out of the meeting.

As a result, I have gotten 4 different stories (from 3 different board members) about what the expectations are for paying back the funds. Until I see the written proposal with specific terms for paying back the funds I will not subject myself to your accusations. Especially since I was not involved in nor did I agree to any of the terms discussed. Once I receive a copy of those terms I will be in much better place to answer your questions in the appropriate setting.

Comment

Side Bar:
                                As for the money that Gordy announced was 'donated' to the Global Tourney... I am not really sure what any of the details are. I was not involved in the process of asking the club for this money. I made a very succinct proposal to the board and my proposal was shot down by Gordy and Jaymie before the board approved or denied it (circumventing the charter.) They changed the wording on my proposal and I told them I wasn't soliciting input or alterations; they continued to reword my proposal so I walked out of the meeting.
                                It seems that you got the ball rolling with your proposal, was unwilling to accept a deviation in it's course, and when it didn't go the direction you saw it rolling, you dropped the ball and left it with others to handle it for you. Why would you ever walk out on such a significant issue. The least you could have done after stating you were unwilling to accept any alterations, was take the proposal with you when you walked out the door.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X