Will Board vote to reject $6,000.00 in Grant money? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will Board vote to reject $6,000.00 in Grant money?

    Disc Golfers,

    My mistake, this meeting of the SDGA Board was not confirmed for 6-21 at 8pm.




    Sky Pilot
    Last edited by Sky Pilot; June 21st, 2011, 09:06 PM. Reason: didn't check my facts on the time of the meeting
    Rely on Me

  • #2
    WoW I don't understand I thought the Club and Board voted on this, and came to the conclusion that the club go forward with this project if the club received the grant.
    I thought by submitting the grant application the club was committing to this project I didn't think that we(the Club) had the option to Back Out or reject something that We Asked For as a Club
    What was the point of even turning in the application?
    what about all the time spent discussing the grant at the club meetings as well as Justin's time composing the grant app.
    This would be Very Disappointing

    Comment


    • #3
      I sure hope that the board decides to make the right decision here. After all, what possible reason could they have for turning down such an amazing opportunity? Axing this would screw Spokane disc golf over in many ways besides possibly losing $6,000, it would make us look flaky, unreliable, and disingenuous in the eyes of the organization that pretty much has total control over disc golf in the area.

      This would be more than disappointing, it would be downright suspicious.

      Comment


      • #4
        Looks like the meeting isn't tonight. Probably at a later date.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

        Comment


        • #5
          ....Miscommunications....

          I got this from Gordy yesterday so I figured the Board was going to meet.

          "I will commit to meeting with the board this coming Tuesday at 8:00 in a quiet place with good lighting. The dining room table at my house comes to mind. All of you are welcome."
          Gordy

          In the past this type of statement has set up a meeting.

          Apparently there will be no meeting tonight at 8pm. I found out inadvertently through an e-mail forwarded from Lyle our Secretary. Bob said, "Lyle, all I said in my email was that we need to address this proposal. No one has agreed to meet anywhere or anytime that I'm aware of.

          Communications can be difficult.

          Sorry for any inconvenience.

          Sky Pilot
          Last edited by Sky Pilot; June 21st, 2011, 09:07 PM.
          Rely on Me

          Comment


          • #6
            Communications can be difficult
            speaking on communication .... I am still waiting on an answer from THE BOARD if its ok to paint over the graffiti on the benchs at downriver but i guess thats gonna take awhile ....

            Comment


            • #7
              Are you kidding me?

              To those of you that saw Jeff's original post on this thread!!

              In the process of trying to set up a Board meeting to go over the SPF "Funds Receipt and Management Agreement" a legal document that enters the SDGA into an agreement with the SPF concerning management of non-profit donations made to the SDGA, Jeff made an assumption that the Board was going to reject the agreement.

              Jeff suggested we study the document and be prepared to vote on it at the next Board Meeting.

              After going over the agreement there are some questions that need to be answered by SPF before I will agree to approve this agreement.

              We were using emails trying to organize a Board Meeting, and talking about the few minor issues that are raised by the document and talking about where the club is headed and where it came from and then out of the blue, Jeff THOUGHT that the Board was going to reject the agreement between the SDGA and the SPF.

              Nothing in any of the emails going around said anything about rejecting the agreement. The phrase "Will Board vote to reject $6,000.00 in Grant money?" comes from Jeff's own post (that has been conveniently deleted) because he was "sure the Board was going to reject the agreement because of what Gordy wrote in his email."

              I believe that this was a blatant attempt to stir the pot and create a problem that was never there. For what reason I do not know!

              We will try to set up a Board meeting to address the agreement once again so that we may go forward with the projects at hand.
              Fly free and straight to the pin!

              Comment


              • #8
                Sounds reasonable
                rewindb.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Grant

                  On may 12th 2011, the Parks Foundation presented the SDGA with the grant we applied for. The conditions to be met were presented to the SDGA Board and the Board accepted the conditions with no objections. To complete our acceptance of the terms Jeff signed and returned a 'Grant Award Confirmation Form' on May 15th, 2011. The Foundations promise upon receiving this form was, " when we receive the attached confirmation form that indicates you accept the terms of this grant, we will process the check. ($4,815.00)
                  We jumped all the hurdles. Now all we need is just 260 hours of volunteer digging. Call Jon and let him know when your blocks of available hours are. Happy Summer. Gordy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Where is said # to 'call Jon'? Want to do my bit to contribute. :-)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dadio! View Post
                      Where is said # to 'call Jon'? Want to do my bit to contribute. :-)
                      You may find Jon's number here.
                      Fly free and straight to the pin!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks Bob! Appreciate the help.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                          On may 12th 2011, the Parks Foundation presented the SDGA with the grant we applied for. The conditions to be met were presented to the SDGA Board and the Board accepted the conditions with no objections. To complete our acceptance of the terms Jeff signed and returned a 'Grant Award Confirmation Form' on May 15th, 2011. The Foundations promise upon receiving this form was, " when we receive the attached confirmation form that indicates you accept the terms of this grant, we will process the check. ($4,815.00)
                          We jumped all the hurdles. Now all we need is just 260 hours of volunteer digging. Call Jon and let him know when your blocks of available hours are. Happy Summer. Gordy
                          I believe the club still need to submit specific plans to Bressler, unless this has already been done.
                          He signed off on the grant but insisted that plans be drawn up for each project and reviewed by him prior to breaking ground.

                          Sorry if this bursts anyone's bubble.
                          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            SDGA & Spokane Parks Foundation

                            The SDGA has agreed to the terms of the Spokane Parks Foundation Grant Fiscal Agreement and the Grant money can now be used for the accessibility project at Highbridge Park Disc Golf Course.

                            Through this agreement the SDGA has also retained a qualified fiscal agent (The Spokane Parks Foundation) for the acceptance of tax deductible donations from companies, corporations and private parties.

                            Thanks to all who had a hand in seeing this project through.
                            Fly free and straight to the pin!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Grant promises

                              Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                              The SDGA has agreed to the terms of the Spokane Parks Foundation Grant Fiscal Agreement and the Grant money can now be used for the accessibility project at Highbridge Park Disc Golf Course.

                              Through this agreement the SDGA has also retained a qualified fiscal agent (The Spokane Parks Foundation) for the acceptance of tax deductible donations from companies, corporations and private parties.

                              Thanks to all who had a hand in seeing this project through.
                              Whew! I'm glad that finally happened. Now if the money really comes through, that will be great.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X