• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a gentleman.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

so when do we start work ?
      if i remember right we have only a year to get the work done . so back to my first question ,"when do we start work ?

Comment

please read the grant...it breaks down the process into manageable sections and gives a time-frame and timeline for each. I would then contact your Facilities Coordinator to verify.

I wouldn't be surprised of ground breaking starts a week or two late, since otherwise we only have 3 weeks to collect all our supplies and get going. Thankfully, our real work is scheduled to be completed before the end of the year, this leaves us 5 months to finish up and work on finer details before our completion deadline.

Jon, please also consider that STANEK'S has offered to donate product to any PARKS FOUNDATION GRANT recipients. I think this is a donation we should definitely consider pursuing, for both Highbridge AND Downriver. I know that growing trees can be difficult but if we plant and protect some saplings they will protect us in the future. Shorter ground cover could also help reduce our erosion issues.

Jeff, you may consider asking Chris about the pulp trees the WSU extension campus has helped produce... I talked to his boss years back and he expressed their ability to grown from a sapling to a full grown tree in less than 5 years. Chris has been extremely helpful with our projects too!
        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Please also remember, the SDGA offered to donate $1000 dollars on top of the Grant money allocation.

The sooner the club gets to ordering supplies the sooner the Parks Foundation will pay the invoices and get us moving. Currently, I have not heard anything about this process, yet... Toni Nersesian (Executive Director) is a wonderful contact and she said she would happily help our club with the billing process. Feel free to let me know if you would like help contacting her.

Comment

Grant $

My understanding of the agreement between the Parks Foundation and the SDGA is that the Foundation will process a check for the sum of the grant and put it in our hands. If this is the case I would like to recommend, as Treasurer, that we segregate this money from our general fund. I would also recommend we set aside the People's Park money raised to date in a similar fashion. When we need to add money or spend money from these 'dedicated' funds it will be easy to see exactly where we stand in terms of what accrues and what remains. A savings account in association with our existing checking account is what I have in mind. I will run this notion by the Board.

Comment

I do not believe this is the case, we are not a non-profit and can not accept the funds directly.
              As a result, The Parks Foundation will be holding our money.
              These funds, minus a holding fee, will be used for specific orders submitted by us and paid by The Parks Foundation.

Comment

On the other hand, the SDGA also offered a donation of $1000.
                Your suggestion of segregating our funds might be applied to this portion of the money?
                Also a great suggestion for our People's Park deposits.

Comment

I just heard a rumor, that there was a board meeting this evening and one of the topics of discussion was the grant and something about the Board Rejecting It?
                  Now I don't understand I thought the Club and the Board decided to Approve and Put up some money with the grant to make changes at high bridge.
                  Now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that there was a commitment made by the club to go forward with this project

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X