Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDGA is awarded grant!

To Spokane Disc Association members and friends,

I just spoke with Tony Nercessian - Executive Director of the Spokane Parks Foundation. She told me that we got the grant for Trail Improvements etc. at High Bridge Park DGC.

We were awarded $4,815.00. This is the full amount that we asked for. My impression was that not all of the organizations submitting grant proposals were fully funded. She said that only 2 of the 29 grants submitted were considered to be excellently written and ours was one of them. Kudos to Justin Shrack for writing an exceptional grant proposal.

Our club is blessed to have a number of active volunteers doing a variety of tasks. We will need you once again to implement this proposal. So, keep your gloves handy - work parties and dates will be forthcoming.

This has been a long process. Gordy and I were first approached by the Parks Foundation in 2009, following a Park Board meeting. Last year they didn't offer any grants. So, we agreed to submit one this year. This proposal must be implemented within a year from the time of the award announcement. Justin agreed to write it and a stand-out grant was put together and submitted on time.

Many thanks again to Justin and all who supported and aided in the process.

Sky Pilot
    Rely on Me

My assumption (not positive) was that Jon would chair the improvement efforts.
    Remember, we still need to submit specific plans to Bressler for each section we plan to improve. These individual plans will need to be approved before any work can actually be started.
    Jon, you have my number if you need anything.
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Good work everyone! Now the hard where best to spend it.
      rewindb.com

Comment

Comment

very good work justin !!! the club could not have done better without your tireless effort on the grant paper !!!lets go get some work done !!!

Comment

Thanks to all who had anything to do with the grant process.

Did the grant address specific projects or was it just for trail improvements that are to be identified.
            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Well done Schrack!
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Grant is very specific and funds were approved based upon our estimates for specific projects.
                I will post a copy if the details...

Comment

Togetherness

Sweet everyone!!
                  I love to see this type of cooperative effort!

KUDOS!!

Comment

Here ya go

Comment

Justin - The grant mentions "erosion control measures" but this is never defined. What are the erosion control measures that you envisioned for the park?
                      Rely on Me

Comment

The success of ANY grant ALWAYS rests upon the quality of its craftsmanship before anything else within it is taken into consideration.

Major kudos, Justin. You not only secured the grant for the club, you've also improved, to some degree, the club's modicum of respect. Priceless.

A thousand "thank you"s good sir--you are both a gentleman and a scholar.
                        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
                          Justin - The grant mentions "erosion control measures" but this is never defined. What are the erosion control measures that you envisioned for the park?
                          I specifically left that ambiguous to make sure our efforts conform to all of the Parks Department requirements. Any project will still have to pass through Bressler before we break ground.

Jon and I worked together to identify projects and numbers to go with each.
                          I will leave the specifics in his capable hands, I just wanted to get the ball rolling and the cash flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                            I specifically left that ambiguous to make sure our efforts conform to all of the Parks Department requirements. Any project will still have to pass through Bressler before we break ground.

Jon and I worked together to identify projects and numbers to go with each.
                            I will leave the specifics in his capable hands, I just wanted to get the ball rolling and the cash flowing.
                            This is so fricken SWEET!!!
                            Way to go Justin!!
                            Relax and enjoy your hair
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

he is a scholar!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X