X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 shirt pick up for signed up memebers

If you have signed up for the 2011 year you can pick your shirt at meeting, on Tuesday 2/1/11, at 7:00pm, at Stadium Pizza. Or pick them up at Ice Bowl. You can still sign up and pick up a shirt as well!!!

Are you still offering a wizard putter this year as well for first time members?

-G

Comment

Our club took a vote of renewing members.
      They voted for a shirt instead of a disc.
      I don't think new members were a major consideration, especially considering the voters.
      I made this point and was shot down by our veterans who have 'too many discs'
      Narrow minded, in my perspective, but that's our club.
      Focused on funds rather than our growing community.

On a happier note, the shirts do look nice...
      I just don't enjoy paying to be a walking billboard.
      It defies logic.
      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

discs, shirts?

The club keeps a "store", of leftover tournament discs and such. If a club member would rather have a disc than represent his club by wearing a club shirt with the club sponsors on it, why not give 'em one? Then you could throw your advertisement.

Comment

I need to practice doing this more often.

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
          Our club took a vote of renewing members.
          They voted for a shirt instead of a disc.
          I don't think new members were a major consideration, especially considering the voters.
          I made this point and was shot down by our veterans who have 'too many discs'
          Narrow minded, in my perspective, but that's our club.
          Focused on funds rather than our growing community.

On a happier note, the shirts do look nice...
          I just don't enjoy paying to be a walking billboard.
          It defies logic.
          Being a veteran member of the club who voted to receive a shirt, when I first look at this post I couldn't help but be put on the defensive. Reason being is that at first glance I focus mostly on the words, " shot down by our veterans", "I don't think", "especially considering the voters", "narrow minded", "but that's our club", "rather than our growing community", "don't enjoy", and "it defies logic". And I take total possession of what I chose to focus on or when I feel defensive.
          So I want to make an attempt, for my own satisfaction, to minimize my urges to post a defensive reply. And my solution is to imagine that the words "in my perspective" are cut and pasted to the end of the entire post. In doing so, I can look at what the post says as a whole, and lastly believe that Justin does have his own perspective, and is free to voice his opinions, and is making no attempt, in my eyes, to ridicule those who voted to receive shirts. And those that may have faulted to take new members into consideration.

I feel better now.
          Last edited by coryreu; February 1st, 2011, 08:28 AM. Reason: further thought

Comment

Cory, I am sorry my post put you on the defensive.
            That was not my intent, I will watch it.
            This subject was discussed and I felt defensive at the meeting, this came through in my post.
            Very much my opinion as a new member/golfer.

Comment

Ummm what were you goin to watch again? jk

Comment

I'm the kind of person who likes discs even though I have too many of them. Especially if its a mold that I throw.

I have too many discs, but I have too many t-shirts, too. And even I realize that most of my tourny t-shirts are unwearable in public, and I'm a guy with zero fashion sense.
                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

When i signed up my award was to pick up trash. There wasn't even benches when i started. Getting a shirt is a big thing now we have came so far. We do value the new members thoughts and it is not like we can't go back to the disc next year! The fact members get anything now is a big thing for us!!! Your sign up was the right to be picking up trash on the course. So please think about that the things you didn't have to sacrifice because the courses are complete now.

Comment

On a positive note,
                    I hope we can go back to picking a hole to upkeep.
                    I think it helps bring the club together.
                    Gives each person some ownership of their home course.

Anyway, Niko got a poop, i'm off to the meeting!

Comment

Me and my girlfriend signed up for SDGA on Saturday at ice bowl but kevin wasnt around to hand out shirts. Any idea on when/where he may be around next so i can grab a couple from him? Bob has my info. thanks!

-Greg

Comment

Kevin has been ill the last week or so.
                        He is usually on the course just about daily otherwise.
                        If you give him a call he is awesome about meeting up.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                          Kevin has been ill the last week or so.
                          He is usually on the course just about daily otherwise.
                          If you give him a call he is awesome about meeting up.
                          Thanks Justin

Comment

Originally posted by special K View Post
                            When i signed up my award was to pick up trash. There wasn't even benches when i started. Getting a shirt is a big thing now we have came so far. We do value the new members thoughts and it is not like we can't go back to the disc next year! The fact members get anything now is a big thing for us!!! Your sign up was the right to be picking up trash on the course. So please think about that the things you didn't have to sacrifice because the courses are complete now.
                            You also only paid $10. Now you pay $20, hence the schwag.. You couldn't get near as many members when it was $10 and there was nothing given out. Schwag has made a membership whip a very important. It has also raised alot of money for the SDGA.
                            Relax and enjoy your hair
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Next year this should be set up well ahead of the election so it's not such a burden on Kevin. Maybe put that in the charter
                              Relax and enjoy your hair
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X