X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highbridge Pins

Got a call yesterday from our friendly Membership Whip, he was doing some course maintenance.
    Kevin asked me to bring down a shovel for the round we played so he could clear the tee boxes... THANKS KEVIN!

Now get this he took the time to have a key made for hole 11's lock !!!
    I got to the course, Kevin took control of the pads and I set up video (i made sure to capture the shovel action on camera too.)

We even got to play hole 11 to finish up the day and I got a sweet video of Drew making a +60ft. bird putt from the hill.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC3pRzDSEQg

I really want to thank Kevin (one of the tallest birds I know) for stepping up!
    Last edited by jshrack; January 7th, 2011, 11:05 AM. Reason: inserted video link
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
    Got a call yesterday from our friendly Membership Whip, he was doing some course maintenance.
    Kevin asked me to bring down a shovel for the round we played so he could clear the tee boxes... THANKS KEVIN!

Now get this he took the time to have a key made for hole 11's lock !!!
    I got to the course, Kevin took control of the pads and I set up video (i made sure to capture the shovel action on camera too.)

We even got to play hole 11 to finish up the day and I got a sweet video of Drew making a +60ft. bird putt from the hill.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC3pRzDSEQg

I really want to thank Kevin (one of the tallest birds I know) for stepping up!
    number 11 was moved to the left for ice bowl

Comment

kevin, you don't have a member pic

I won't dare to make any suggestions...

Comment

3 months goes by fast

It's time to move the pins to the long positions for the summer. Our moving date was May 7, 2011 according to the adopted schedule.
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Kevin, Chris, and I did it yesterday.
          We didn't move #4 though, it needs an old key.
          I think Kevin mentioned that Chris Re might have a copy?
          We also left #6 in it's 'B' position due to the 'A' pin's proximity to the river.

I don't think we remembered to change the signs with their funky screws though.
          Bad form, sorry...

Comment

Cool, right on time.

Had that been communicated on this thread I would have posted a great big Thank You instead of a reminder about moving them.

Thanks for moving the pins you guys.
            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Jeff!!!
              Thank you for following up on our work on moving the Baskets.
              I personally HATE #6 (I thought we pulled it) but I appreciate the follow through.
              I see that you also moved #4 yesterday, so awesome!
              And the Tee Sign are updated to the correct positions! (I carried a special screwdriver out today... for no reason)

I also noticed the practice basket a couple days ago... and the ALT!!!
              (i must admit, I have been playing to the practice basket from #12's tee; try it! )
              The placements are awesome and it's like your own hidden garden back there!
              I will set up distance bricks if you don't mind, it's for the 1025 game

Comment

Distance bricks sound like a good idea for a practice basket.

On the other hand, playing to a practice basket from a tee? Coming from someone that is disheartened by safety issues at DR? For shame...
                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I will set up distance bricks if you don't mind, it's for the 1025 game
                  i guess its OK if YOU Just tell the club what YOU ARE going to do with or without the BOARD APPROVING IT . Must be nice to change the rules WHEN IT FITS YOUR DESIRES "it does not matter what the club says" nice way of thinking justin...

BTW JUSTIN ..we are trying to save the trees NOT kill them .. you might want to think about that when you put a brick ON TOP of a small tree at DR .(like you did ) oh thats right you dont care about DR ....

Comment

Sorry, can't claim credit for moving the baskets - that was Jon. But strangely I did get to be the first one to play them in the "A" positions - and that was on two different days.

One aspect of my work of late was building, recruiting volunteers and gathering supplies for the new Kiosk roofs - that are now completed. I told an employee at Home Depot one day that I was struggling with the angles for the project and getting them cut correctly. He paused and said, "I can help you." I inquired as to how and he said, "I'm a structural engineer." He then told me that he would make computer generated schematics of the whole project for me at no cost. I showed him pictures of a similar project and we discussed the design specifics. He followed up on his word and several days later gave me 4, 11"x17" printed graphically perfect renderings of the whole project with templates for cutting the angles precisely. He later volunteered to come and help install the roofs. Another friend volunteered to use his shop and table saw to cut the precise angles and also volunteered to help erect the roofs. I cut and assembled the rafters and he helped with the rest.

I felt quite blessed to have such professional help. The roofs look great.

I also put in the anchor for the practice basket. Kevin and I selected a site for it and after I placed it in the new anchor I backed up about 50ft and made it.

I also put some time into re-editing, printing and laminating the contents of the Kiosks. This was due to the limited amount of space after the large course maps were put in.

Concerning Hole #6 - In my opinion it's kind of a 'poke and hope situation. I haven't seen anyone follow a consistent route to the basket. I've decided that if I 'go for it' I have a very high possibility of hitting an early tree and ending up with a possibly difficult up shot. So, I'm going to try just throwing it basically like it was in the "B" position and par it from there.

I've been having some fun playing recently. I've tried and made rollers on holes #1, 10, 17 at High Bridge. I've also been employing the new 'power grip' that Eric Brown learned from David Feldberg. I have gained about 30-50 feet on my side arm drives. Yesterday I threw my Katana on Hole #1 at H.B. and ended up 30 feet passed the long "A" position. Same thing happened on hole #11. I almost birdied Hole #12 today with a side arm shot. Feldberg really helped my game since he had those clinics at DRO last year. Learning about the backhand, push putt, and now the power grip, has transformed my game. I wish he was going to do a clinic for this years LCO.

Sky Pilot
                    Rely on Me

Comment

I have heard rumors (but only rumors) of another putting clinic, but nothing about a driving clinic.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                        Distance bricks sound like a good idea for a practice basket.

On the other hand, playing to a practice basket from a tee? Coming from someone that is disheartened by safety issues at DR? For shame...
                        I throw the same drive, take a different/longer up shot.
                        Makes for a more interesting hole, probably safer than the current blind pin.
                        Not saying it's right but I am beginning to embrace the motto.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X