X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handicap Series...
    Kinda assume this means we would be playing Handicap at every event.
    And you, Bob, insisted on a handicap course to keep things legit throughout the series.

Now it's a random format on a completely new course? (much longer, way harder)
    That is messed up for a TD to pull complete 180 on those who have been playing the series.

I am glad so many people are happy about Porky...
    I couldn't really stand that course when I played it last year in the damp.
    I can't justify paying to play this course in the slop, especially since I have only seen 2/3 of it.
    Gordy laughed , last event, when I asked him how long it would be until the other courses were ready for play... now it's part of the series.

It all just seems stupid and backward to me.
    Make a plan, stick to it. Not a tough concept.

Or maybe it is, looking at our club history...
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

• Anyway... sticking to our original plan, Cody and I will be hosting Sunday Singles at noon, this weekend, at High Bridge.
      Still workin the $150 ace pot, lets see that it gets paid out this weekend!
      *Please keep your scorecards so the TD can collect them this week*

Hopefully the new scorecards will be ready and available by Sunday!
      Thanx again to Bob and Gordy for the initiative!

Comment

• Originally posted by jshrack View Post
        Handicap Series...
        Any Ams that show can play the Porcupine Course or the Handicap Course and it will still be handicap. Any course can be handicapped.
        Originally posted by jshrack View Post
        Handicap Series...And you, Bob, insisted on a handicap course to keep things legit throughout the series.
        Justin, if this were a true series I would be putting part of each entry fee away for a Final event. Since I haven't done this we play in a handicap weekly tournament. Gordy made the handicap course as a courtesy to me. He wanted me to be able to play and knows I don't breathe well when climbing the Mounds out there.
        Handicap Series...Now it's a random format on a completely new course? (much longer, way harder)
        When we talked yesterday I told you that you could play whatever course you wanted to, have you forgotten that?? If you think Porky's hard wait till you play Cape Fear.
        Handicap Series...That is messed up for a TD to pull complete 180 on those who have been playing the series.
        I believe that you as a TD have made a complete 180 from your format when you held the One Disc Wonder. Why did you do that?? Was it possible that you thought it might be fun??
        Handicap Series...I am glad so many people are happy about Porky...
        I couldn't really stand that course when I played it last year in the damp.
        I can't justify paying to play this course in the slop, especially since I have only seen 2/3 of it.
        It sounds to me that you don't like courses that are a little bit more challenging. Of course you know that the more you play a course the better you become at playing that specific course.
        Handicap Series...Gordy laughed , last event, when I asked him how long it would be until the other courses were ready for play... now it's part of the series.
        That was four weeks ago and at that time, just like now it could snow a foot or two out there in a day.

Handicap Series...It all just seems stupid and backward to me.

This sounds like something Yo Duh would post. Remember, disc golfers are adults that go out and throw pieces of plastic around and then chase them. And don't forget to have some fun!
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

• Handicap Series...
          And you, Bob, insisted on a handicap course to keep things legit throughout the series.

Now it's a random format on a completely new course? (much longer, way harder)
          That is messed up for a TD to pull complete 180 on those who have been playing the series.
          Try not looking at the handicap as a series but as a running tally of stats. Once you have an established handicap you can use it on any course. In all actuality, playing a harder course will give you a higher score and pad your handicap for the next time.
          I am glad so many people are happy about Porky...
          I get a slight sense of sarcasm that suggests you could care less about the happiness of others in this situation.

It all just seems stupid and backward to me.

These words are a little disturbing to me. It seems like you're bashing the club a little. Specifically when you say "it all" and then follow up with the words "stupid and backward". I would like to assume that you're only speaking about the "tough concept of making a plan sticking to it". But I can't help tying those words in with "our club's history" because you did say "all".

Comment

• Cory, you are correct and have read between the lines quite well.
            You have a knack for getting right to my points.

I am very frustrated when it comes to the club... not necessarily this situation, i apologize for the misplaced angst.

Trying to put the grant together really made clear for me, who is supporting the club and who is under-cutting the process. I have completely re-written the grant twice but it is all for nothing because:
            I have been waiting on our financial records for quite a while now... can't do that on my own.
            I am also waiting on the portion that Jeff asked to include.

The Grant was all supposed to be completed and turned in, yesterday; yet I can't even ask for signatures until I have everybody else's part of the project assimilated. Thus, I will be waiting until at least Tuesday before Bressler will be back in his office. Lets hope he is available after I get off work; and willing to sign off on what I have...

Along with that, I have Jeff breathing down my neck because Gordy and Bob didn't get his input on the new High Bridge Scorecards. The ones which are almost an exact copy of the scorecards he made 2 weeks earlier, without asking anybody's input. Yes, the scorecards which use Jeff's distances from the signs he insisted on putting up without letting the club preview them.
            I feel like the pot is yelling at me because the kettle is black!

Bob and Gordy changing their "Handicap SERIES" is the least of my issues here... Having a plan and following through is helpful though.
            I am really getting frustrated with the board members ignoring the club until they can make their own individual decisions, without Club or Board input. The pissing contest our Board Members are having amongst each other isn't helping this situation. If our board members don't want to work with each other or the club members... maybe they could re-evaluate their intentions and save us all the grief.

I am very quickly falling the direction of so many others who intended to help the sport of disc golf through partnership with the SDGA:
            Chris Re, Eric Brown, Jeremy Thornton, etc...

Good Grief!!!
            *end rant*

Comment

• WEEKLIES!!!

Cody and I will be hosting Sunday Singles at noon, this weekend, at High Bridge.
              Still workin' the $150 ace pot, lets see that it gets paid out this weekend!
              *Please keep your scorecards so the TD can collect them this week*

Hopefully the new scorecards will be ready and available!
              Thanx again to Bob and Gordy for getting them printed!

Comment

• Remember, we do this because it's fun...

"I am also waiting on the portion that Jeff asked to include."

Sorry, this post is dated 2-19 and I sent the sponsorship information and the sheet on improvements on 2-18 at 3:02 and 3:28PM. I could have got the e-mail address wrong but I don't think so. Check your inbox.

"Along with that, I have Jeff breathing down my neck because Gordy and Bob didn't get his input on the new High Bridge Scorecards."

Actually there wasn't any 'breathing down the neck'. I wasn't even angry. I hadn't seen the 'new' scorecards so I merely asked if the distances Gordy and I spent time obtaining were on the new scorecards. I asked this for two reasons: number one, because I was recently at a tournament where I was handed an scorecard that had outdated information about the distances at High Bridge. Number two, I heard that 500 scorecards were printed - and that would be a lot of wrong scorecards if they had the 'inaccurate' info on them...

That was why I was inspired to create an accurate scorecard. I handed these out at a recent weekly and everyone appreciated it because there were no other scorecards available. Frankly, I didn't create it to offend anyone or irritate the masses. I did it because I thought it would be helpful. As it turned out - it was helpful, and it was fun doing it.

P.S. Yes it's true, I din't ask for your 'input'.

There's an old adage, "Some see the glass as half empty and some see it as half full..."

Sky Pilot
                Rely on Me

Comment

• Nope, didn't get any info from you jeff.
                  You forwarded me a sponsor flyer from your P2 guy.
                  That is all.

Comment

• Sorry Justin,

I stuck a random "c" in your e-mail adddress and I've resent the info form. You got the other information

Sky Pilot
                    Rely on Me

Comment

• As for the "one disc wonder", there wasn't a scheduled weekly that day.
                      As a result, Cody and I asked the club (at an open meeting) for permission to hold the event and use the weekly ace pot.
                      We merely took on a new club event after the four mound schedule got changed and our golfers were left without a sunday event.
                      Again, it all stems from not following a previously set schedule.

Comment

• Well, yesterday was the last Handicap out at 4 Mound for the winter season. We played on the Porcupine Course.

Here are the results from yesterday's play.

PRO DIVISION
                        • Big Mike Leslie - 59 - $19
                        • David Bodey - 59 - $19
                        • Cole Swanson - 59 - $19
                        • Tim Vache - 60 - $5

AM HANDICAP DIVISION
                        • JJ Atkins - (58-3.6) = 54.4 - $20
                        • Curt Ransford - (61-6.3) = 54.7 - $17
                        • J.P. Russo - (62-7.2) = 54.8 - $14
                        • Drew Scott - (64-9) = 55 - $12
                        • Lucas Burgess - (65-9.9) = 55.1 - $11
                        • Gordy Crafts - (68-12.6) = 55.4 - $10
                        • Cody Miller - (70-14.4) = 55.6 - $4
                        • Deron Van Soest - (70-14.4) = 55.6 - $4

The 4 Mound ace Pot is up to $50 thanks to a $20 donation by JJ Atkins.

I wonder if anyone told Big Mike that an JJ shot a stroke better than he did yesterday??

Could be one of those don't poke the bear moments.
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

• Sunday Singles Results
                          First off, way to go Tom Stephens!!!
                          Tom aced #18, with a thumber (what a surprise,) to pull in $150.

PRO DIVISION:
                          Wayne Miller (46) -8 $30
                          Tom Stephens (47) -7 $15
                          Tim Vache (51) -3 $5
                          Erik Brown (52) -2
                          Mike Leslie (53) -1
                          Edgar (54) 0
                          Ben Carpenter (55) 1
                          Derik (55) 1
                          Cole Swanson (57) 3
                          David Bodie (58) 4

AM DIVISION:
                          Justin Shrack (51) -3 $20
                          Curt Ransford (53) -1 $10
                          Luke Burgess (54) 0
                          Ryan Brown (54) 0 $5 Ryan won the playoff
                          Cody Miller (55) 1
                          Frank Luna (57) 3
                          David Smith (58) 4
                          Kevin Sakus (63) 9
                          Jeff Crum (71) 17

Bob, scorecards are attached.
                          One of the cards was marked on the wrong holes... I tried to fix it assuming they started on Hole 11.
                          Please check your own numbers to make sure I didn't make any mistakes...
                          Last edited by jshrack; February 21st, 2011, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Whats Big Mike doing in town? Cool to see out-of-towners at the weeklies.
                            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

• Saturday Singles at Downriver!!!
                              starts at 10:30, please be on time (or early!)
                              $150 ace pot
                              $7 to play! ($5 to payout, $1 to ace pot, $1 to SDGA)

*Please keep your scorecards so the TDs can collect them*

**ribbons and hand warmers are suggested**

Comment

• Sunday Doubles @ High Bridge!!!
                                starts at Noon, please be on time (or early!)
                                $150 ace pot
                                $7 to play! ($5 to payout, $1 to ace pot, $1 to SDGA)

**ribbons and hand warmers are suggested**

Forecast includes light snow and ~30 degree weather.
                                Should be a beautiful day to see an ace!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X