• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dig the Peter, Bjorn & John.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Kept on coming up on tom's ipod.
      Figured it fit. I repeated the intro too long though.
      always learning.
      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Woot!
        This weekend weeklies are all messed up!
        Saturday Downriver will be cancelled. Go play the Chilly Bowl!

Sunday Singles will be a ONE DISC WONDER event.
        Sunday Singles at Highbridge will be at an early 10am. One round, $150 ace pot.
        This will allow travel to any Super Bowl events after the round without time pressure.

Bring ONLY ONE DISC (and a marker); don't bring a back-up, or a putter, or an exact replica, you get one disc on the course.

Comment

Ace Pot Information

The Board talked about the Ace Pot last night at the meeting. Here are what we came to agree upon.

People's Park, 4 Mound and Stimpi Ridge have their own separate Ace Pots.

Weeklies held at Downriver and High Bridge have a combined Ace Pot.

The Spokane Disc Golf Association does not run an Ace Pot, the TD's that run the events are responsible for the Ace Pot.

The SDGA does not provide seed money to kick start the Ace Pot.

The Ace Pot is capped at $150.

There must be a minimum of four people playing in the weekly event to collect the Ace Pot.
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

I'm a little late on this, but I just wanted to check in on some of the discussion that I missed regarding ace pots.

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
            The Board talked about the Ace Pot last night at the meeting. Here are what we came to agree upon.

This sounds good, except it sounds like this would lump together the regular DR/HB weekly ace pot with the DR glow ace pot? The two events have very different players.

The Spokane Disc Golf Association does not run an Ace Pot, the TD's that run the events are responsible for the Ace Pot.
            This seems reasonable.

The SDGA does not provide seed money to kick start the Ace Pot.
            I agree that the SDGA shouldn't be guaranteed to put forth any money for an event, but I think that this should be on an event-by-event basis. If we think we can make a good amount of money off a weekly, then I think its reasonable to consider seeding an ace pot or even guaranteeing a minimum. For example, the SDGA put forth the seed money and guaranteed $50 minimum for the events that Joe Royer started and I ran last year, and the SDGA made over $1000 off those events.

I was kind of curious as to why this isn't left up to the TD. There were times last year where I had accumulated a $500+ ace pot and I raised the cap to $200, always making sure to announce it the week before to draw more players. However, if I only had $150 in my acepot, then a $100 cap made a lot more sense. Essentially, the TD just needs to make sure that they don't get cleaned out of their ace pot if 2-3 aces are hit in a row.

There must be a minimum of four people playing in the weekly event to collect the Ace Pot.
            This is absolutely reasonable. Generally, if I had less than 6 people show then I wouldn't even run an event.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Wobbly Bob

I was kind of curious as to why this isn't left up to the TD. There were times last year where I had accumulated a $500+ ace pot and I raised the cap to $200, always making sure to announce it the week before to draw more players. However, if I only had $150 in my acepot, then a $100 cap made a lot more sense. Essentially, the TD just needs to make sure that they don't get cleaned out of their ace pot if 2-3 aces are hit in a row.
              this cap was decided by the TDS who run the weeklies .

Originally Posted by Wobbly Bob

This sounds good, except it sounds like this would lump together the regular DR/HB weekly ace pot with the DR glow ace pot? The two events have very different players.
              i also tried to disagree on this point. BUT the DR glo ace pot WILL start this season AND be seeded by the TD. OPTIONAL FOR PLAYERS TO PUT IN ON . because like you said the glow nights have a varied amount of players with VERY different playing skills then the nomarl weekily DAY players

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                The SDGA 'weeklies' will only include our weekend single/doubles events.
                The glow disc golf will not be considered as part of the 'weeklies' events... This should clarify for the purposes of the Ace Pot.
                Glow Golf will be it's own event.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                  The glow disc golf will not be considered as part of the 'weeklies' events... This should clarify for the purposes of the Ace Pot.
                  it is NICE to know justin THAT YOU HAVE DECIEDED what I WILL do with the glow nights. SEEINGS HOW BOB AND I HAVE STARTED IT WE WILL CONTINUE RUNNING IT.. YOU MIGHT WANT TO ASK THE TD WHAT THEY WANT TO DO WITH THIER TOURNAMENT INSTEAD OF JUST TELLING THEM WHAT TO DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW. when are you going to get your shovel and pick out of my truck?

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                    The Moonlight Madness adds to the SDGA treasury. It is, has been and will be considered as part of the "Weekly Events". It will have it's own Ace Pot and will abide by the same rules.

While the MM may have different players, they are disc golfers that enjoy the sport and support the club, please, let's not forget that.

Comment

wow Joe... calm the eff down.

THIS WAS DISCUSSED!!!

While you guys may have been intoxicated during this conversation, we did discuss exactly the point I made. We came to the conclusion that each TD will address the ACE POT their own way... with permission from the club. Joe, you decided to seed your own pot and specifically said so.

We talked about the fact that they are COMPLETELY different people playing and paying into each pot... thus it makes perfect sense.

I haven't made any decisions for you, this was the whole point of getting the TD's together at the last meeting for discussion. This was the agreement. I am sorry if you don't remember. Please be present at the discussion before you try to tear me a new one over a point that was individually asked, addressed, discussed, and decided.

As for the shovel and pick... I would love to snag 'em sometime soon.
                      I was wondering where they disappeared to. I looked all over #17 where I left them sitting.
                      Thanks for grabbing 'em.

I totally understand that MM is a club event.
                      I understand that Joe is running it.
                      I understand that MM golfers are paying into the club AND that event's Ace Pot.
                      We agreed that the weekly events that are currently running have their own ace pot as does every series of events.
                      This shouldn't invalidate any golfers, members, or TD's.
                      We pay into the ACE POT we are hoping to collect from at any event, the club does not carry these ace pots over to seed other events.
                      Each TD that showed agreed to these concepts... I don't understand the problem.

I guess I really just don't understand what decision I supposedly made for you that wasn't discussed and made by the club at the meeting last Tuesday. Bob, I also don't understand how we discussed that MM was a different event with a different ace pot yet now you say it is the same event with a different ace pot.
                      "Weeklies held at Downriver and High Bridge have a combined Ace Pot."
                      We (cody and I) made sure that MM was NOT considered part of the 'Weekly Events' nor their ace pot for just this reason.
                      Our club discussed this and agreed upon separate ace pots and thus separate events for clarification.

Truthfully, I am starting to think we should hold meetings in a location without the option of sharing a pitcher or sneaking out for a toke. This could circumvent a lot of our management issues and our meetings might actually function.
                      Last edited by jshrack; February 10th, 2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

While the MM may have different players, they are disc golfers that enjoy the sport and support the club, please, let's not forget that.
                        Same with the Four Mound events and People's Park events...
                        I didn't make any insinuation otherwise... why would you assume so?
                        My point is that we agreed that MM is NOT a 'Weeklies' event nor is it part of our 'Weeklies' Ace Pot.
                        We agreed that each event will have it's own ace pot determined by the TD.
                        If we have different TD's, different ace pots, different players, and we agreed they would be different events... why would we change that now?
                        Last edited by jshrack; February 10th, 2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Looking back... I see what one of the issues might be: naming conventions.
                          Would it clarify things if we called the weekend (DR/HB alternating Singles and Doubles) events by a different name?
                          SDGA Weeklies sounds misleading, like they are the only weekly events being held by the SDGA.
                          Maybe the Weekend Throwdowns, the SDGA Alternating Singles/Doubles, SDGA Weekend Warriors, etc.?
                          Something that clarifies that they are not our only weekly events.
                          Instead they are part of a specific series with a collective ace pot?

Comment

While you guys may have been intoxicated during this conversation
                            for one I DONT drink my self stupid and i was not intoxicated your voting DID NOT have ALL the TDS . i voted to seed my ace pot because i got tried of bickering over it PLUS when did JEFF CRUM EVER TD an event ?
                            As for the shovel and pick... I would love to snag 'em sometime soon.
                            I was wondering where they disappeared to. I looked all over #17 where I left them sitting.
                            Thanks for grabbing 'em.
                            as for these YOU LEFT them in my truck at ICE BOWL .

wow Joe... calm the eff down.
                            as for this one THE NAME I SIGN IN WITH IS NOT A JOKE !!!!! II AM VERY UNSTABLE as kevin would say " dont poke the bear " please try and remember that ...

Comment

justin ... it took bob and i` almost 3 years to get a CROWD to even show up for night golf . i have worked really hard to have something going on at night down at DR so other ppl will QUIT throwing garbage and other s@#t down there and now it is not even march yet and i am getting calls and ppl asking me if i will do the glow nights . so yes the glow thing IS a big issue with me .. also my ppl skils teacher is mad at me for being rude and unsportsman like to you in the forum so i say this with great sadness " i am sorry to you " i am having some legal problems that are very upseting to me and i took it out on you which i am NOT supposed to do THAT anymore(state mandated) so again i am sorry .
                              "Weeklies held at Downriver and High Bridge have a combined Ace Pot."
                              yes justin this is misleading i agree. so maybe naming them a little differrent would help a lot in understanding WHICH "ace pot " you are playing for ..
                              Last edited by psychodwarf; February 11th, 2011, 01:35 AM.

Comment

All of the events that add to the SDGA Treasury and are on the schedule more than one time a year are considered Weekly Events.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X