Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look forward to Doubles on Saturdays. I haven't been able to attend the functions - if they've even been happening - on Sundays at 10:00 at Downriver due to Church. Last I knew Tony Costanzo was supposed to be leading these, but I haven't seen him around on Saturdays lately. Cody Miller has apparently taken over for Tony. Last Saturday we had 9 people for Doubles at about 10:30AM.
    I don't care who runs it as long as someone is doing it consistently and responsibly.

Sky Pilot
    Rely on Me

Comment

tomorrow's Saturday

So is that considered an objection?
      Should I show up at Downriver on Saturday to run a club event, or is Cody, Tony, or someone else doing it?
      Stimp

Comment

I'm saying I like playing in the doubles. There is a chance of placing in that. If I play in singles - I might as well look around and hand my money to the best player in advance. At least in Doubles I can partner with a better player and assist them. This has worked well on many occasions. I've placed with a partner and won with one on several occasions. -14 in LCO Doubles in 09' and -14 in doubles in September of 09' along with other second and third place winnings. Sometimes I just plain suck and don't get anything, but that's Disc Golf. I just like the opportunity to do my best in Doubles. I can't do it on Sunday due (as I said) to church. That's my 2 cents. You guys can decide.

Sky Pilot
        Rely on Me

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
          I'm saying I like playing in the doubles. There is a chance of placing in that. If I play in singles - I might as well look around and hand my money to the best player in advance. At least in Doubles I can partner with a better player and assist them. This has worked well on many occasions. I've placed with a partner and won with one on several occasions. -14 in LCO Doubles in 09' and -14 in doubles in September of 09' along with other second and third place winnings. Sometimes I just plain suck and don't get anything, but that's Disc Golf. I just like the opportunity to do my best in Doubles. I can't do it on Sunday due (as I said) to church. That's my 2 cents. You guys can decide.

Sky Pilot
          You should really try competing in the Handicap. Scores are always very close and your playing to beat your own average score.
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Double Trouble

I don't have a problem with the format being Doubles. I'm just wondering if the club already has someone running the event.
            Tony and Cody were mentioned, so has anyone talked to them. I don't see them on this forum, and if I had their numbers they went down with my previous phone.

So I'm wondering if I need to show up tomorrow, or not.

I've canceled the 2:00 Stimpi Ridge event, due to muddy conditions.
            If it's nasty, I won't feel like driving down to Downriver, to see if someone is already running it, so can I get a SDGA announcement, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
              I don't have a problem with the format being Doubles. I'm just wondering if the club already has someone running the event.
              Tony and Cody were mentioned, so has anyone talked to them. I don't see them on this forum, and if I had their numbers they went down with my previous phone.

So I'm wondering if I need to show up tomorrow, or not.

I've canceled the 2:00 Stimpi Ridge event, due to muddy conditions.
              If it's nasty, I won't feel like driving down to Downriver, to see if someone is already running it, so can I get a SDGA announcement, please?
              Steve!
              I haven't heard back from Tony but Cody did just call me.
              He hasn't been asked (by Tony) to run anything tomorrow.
              We talked about the option you threw out and he liked the idea.
              He also offered to be another backup for Sundays.
              I think we have a lot of people on board to help with your plan.
              I just need to make sure with Lyle and Tony. (don't wanna step on any toes)

Anyway, Cody and I will both be at Downriver tomorrow at 10:30 for a SDGA Doubles.
              Everyone should feel free to come join us! Should be early enough that the slop is still mostly solid.
              When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Why are we changing Doubles to Sunday, when they've been at High Bridge on Saturdays for quite a while? Is this personal?
                Rely on Me

Comment

Jeff, read the entire thread.

Comment

I did and it only confused me. I'll just gather some people and play High Bridge tomorrow. By the way my 'toes' are hurting.
                    Rely on Me

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                      I just need to make sure with Lyle and Tony. (don't wanna step on any toes)
                      I don't care what you do, its up to you if you're willing to run the event.

As far as Tony, it sounds like you've tried calling him and he didn't respond. So I wouldn't worry too much about him, either.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Jeff: i guess i'm confused about your issue here...
                        These events were not happening on a regular basis.
                        We are trying to fix that... I don't understand how you could take that personally.

Comment

I said, "I look forward to Doubles on Saturdays."

I said, "I can't do it on Sunday due (as I said) to church."

I asked if it was personal because my concerns werenít responded to in the discussion.

After this you said, "Anyway, Cody and I will both be at Downriver tomorrow at 10:30 for a SDGA Doubles.

This decision was a bit confusing due to your post that read:

ďI have really been trying to steer clear of Downriver for winter golf.
                          Longer shots and more terrain in adverse conditions... not too many people have even been attempting he bottom in the snow.
                          Same can be said for Highbridge but at least it has been decently maintained by our membership throughout.Ē

Hey, I just want to play Doubles at High Bridge on Saturdays. I agree that High Bridge is a bit of an easier traverse these days and I don't particularly enjoy Four Mound as it's a bit harder for me.

Even though Iím the President Iím not trying to say this as the ďPresidentĒ. I am just throwing out my concerns and hope that I can influence the discussion. Iím not running it and Iím not interested in adding that to my list of responsibilities. Iíve got plenty to do already. I just enjoy playing and want to count on something happening. Iíve said before that Iím disappointed in the inconsistency. If you guys can get something going that would be great. If I donít like it, I wonít attend. I wish you well.

Sky Pilot
                          SDGA
                          Rely on Me

Comment

Wow... Nothing is ironed out but... Tentatively
                            Saturday doubles at Downriver will still happen early.
                            Stimpi round to follow later on saturdays.
                            Stimpi and cody have both offered to help at Downriver.
                            I will run sundays at highbridge around Noon, others have offered to help.
                            Noon tee off will hopefully help increase turn-out as well. (you included?)
                            I will show up tomorrow because nothing is official.
                            I don't want to give out info and have nobody show from the club
                            plus I enjoy rounds with both cody and stimpi!
                            Last edited by jshrack; January 21st, 2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Really?

Justin and Steve, It looks alot like you two are talking to each other and are actually on the cusp of getting a reasonable solution for the Weeklies worked out. What a nice surprise. When you guys get started, assuming the events are provided as a contest for the players and to the benefit of the Club, I hope you will pick up where Lyle left off. Specifically, Bob can provide you with an 'easy to fill out' event report page. You can use this record to make a report of the event results yourselves or you can forward it to Bob and he will do it...Inquires about the Ace pot and how its handled should go to Lyle. (Steve, you probably already have a handle on this). Either of you or one of you should keep the originals of your reports . When you turn in funds to the Club, I will sign each of your reports as your receipt and you keep them all until you are done being a TD. When that time comes you simply turn them into the PR guy(Bob) and he archives them for the Club. Tony has a bunch of swag from us that you could get and use for prizes in an optional CTP. With all the guys you have on board to help it sounds like we're back in business. Thanks for taking the trouble. Gordy:

Comment

What, where, when??

I'll try to clarify the situation.
                                Originally... we decided all events will be Sat. at High Bridge, Sunday at Downriver. Doubles and singles will swap weekends.

NOW... it's the opposite. All Saturdays will be at Downriver. ALL sundays will be at High Bridge. The formats will swap weekends, as before.

Before: early rounds started at 10:am. Now, the Saturday Rounds will start at 10:30. ALL Sunday rounds will start at NOON.
                                conditions allowing, there will be a 2:00pm event on Saturdays, following the Downriver rounds.

Today, should be Doubles at Downriver at 10:30.
                                See you there.

P.S. I wasn't able to print out the Weekly Form that Bob sent me. It printed out blank??

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X