Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, I am very sorry if this post over-steps on your duties... if so feel free to chastise me.

Please consider supporting the SDGA by playing the Four Mound Handicap on Saturday the 8th.
    :-)
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Four Mound Handicap

There will be a SDGA Handicap tournament at 4 Mound on Saturday, Jan. 8, 2011 at 11:00 am.

• Entry fee - $10
      • 4 Mound - $1
      • SDGA - $1
      • $50 Ace Pot - $1
      • Purse - $7

There are two divisions;

Pros playing scratch
      Ams playing Handicap

Attached below are the current players handicaps.
      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Snow conditions

Tues nite I cleared about 8" of snow from the entry drive, cleared some parking near the house and cleared the spur road out to where we start handicap. But its still snowing. No matter how much more snow we get I think 4-wheel drive is the ticket for the next handicap. You will not be very happy if you don't ribbon up. Putts will be lost without it. Wear tall boots. Gordy.

Comment

Saturday Handicaps

We had a great time Saturday playing the handicap out at 4 Mound. We had 5 Ams and no Pros. Tall boots were appropriate attire and ribbon made a difference in being able to find your discs.

We paid out three spots, congratulations to the winners.

• 1st Pl. - $17 - Justin Shrack with a 55 - 0.9 = 54.1
          • 2nd Pl. - $11 - Kevin Sakus with a 58 - 3.6 = 54.4
          • 3rd Pl. - $7 - Landon Capehart with a 69 - 11.7 = 57.3

Our next handicap will be held on Sunday Jan. 23, 2011 at 11:00 am

I've attached the updated handicaps to the bottom of this post.

Comment

January 15th and 16th.

I haven't seen any announcements of the SDGA Weeklies being ON or OFF or anything.
            I've got them listed on my website calendar, but I kinda made that up, hoping there was going to be something going on.
            Is anybody running anything this weekend?

Side note. I also have Stimpi Ridge events listed for both, Sat and Sun at 1:30... BUT... if the thawing and raining continues, I may have to cancel them due to MUD.
            Watch the Stimpi Ridge thread on this forum for updates.

Stimp

Comment

I don't know of anybody running anything this weekend Stimp.
              I could probably throw together a Noon doubles round with some calls?
              Anyone interested? Tomorrow? Sunday?

Heck, I even have Monday off if anyone is down.

Comment

Working on the Weeklies

After our last Board meeting last Tuesday the people still hanging around tossed the Weeklies topic around. We acknowledged that the 4-mound handicap is up and going on a regular schedule but the in town events have tailed off to little or nothing. We thought we could ask for somebody to step into the TD role for at least the balance of the winter months. Shrack said (as above) that he might be able to manage some events. Even if there was one event per week that would still be good. ... Since Stimpi has temporarily closed his course because of mud concerns, maybe he would like to throw his hat into the TD ring for an event or two. Stimpi? How about it! You'd have to fill out a report as well , hang on to the Club cut, report the results yourself or just simply forward them to the P.R. person. In the future we'd expect Tony(our fairweather friend) to pick up the reigns again or make other plans. Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to talk about helping out. Gordy

Comment

Weakly accept.

" Since Stimpi has temporarily closed his course because of mud concerns, maybe he would like to throw his hat into the TD ring for an event or two."

Hi All,
                  The mud concerns are on a day-by-day basis. Should we get a hard freeze, the course is open. Should we get a couple of days of wind and no rain, the course may open.
                  As far as running club events, I'll volunteer to run one this Saturday, Jan. 22nd, 10:30 teeoff, Divisional Singles at High Bridge. If weather allows, I'll follow it up with a Doubles Round at 2:00pm, at Stimpi Ridge.
                  Club rounds are $7, I'm keeping Ridge rounds at $10.
                  There's $37 bucks in the Ridge Acepot, and I understand there is about $200 in the SDGA acepot.
                  Club rounds pay out $5, Ridge rounds pay out $8.

4 Mound is listed for Sunday, and my calendar ends this week. Really, my last year's calendar that I carry had a couple of extra weeks, so I've been lax about getting a new book and figuring out what the heck I'm doing this year.

Theoretically, I'll be getting a new book tomorrow and will be able to plan ahead further than a week, so watch the www.stimpiridge.com calendar for updates.

Comment

Thanx Steve!

I was asked, and I agreed, to take on the responsibility of a weekly Sunday Doubles round. My major concern is that I don't want to conflict with Stimpi's rounds or the Handicap rounds already scheduled.
                    I was originally thinking that Sunday Noon was a great time but it might conflict with Stimpi.

Would Sunday Doubles at 11 be workable for people?
                    Maybe stick to Highbridge until the weather seems to mellow out?

If you have any suggestions or input I would greatly appreciate it.
                    I will make an official announcement about Weekly Doubles at the meeting tomorrow.

Comment

Weekly scheduling

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                      Thanx Steve!

I was asked, and I agreed, to take on the responsibility of a weekly Sunday Doubles round. My major concern is that I don't want to conflict with Stimpi's rounds or the Handicap rounds already scheduled.
                      I was originally thinking that Sunday Noon was a great time but it might conflict with Stimpi.

Would Sunday Doubles at 11 be workable for people?
                      Maybe stick to Highbridge until the weather seems to mellow out?

If you have any suggestions or input I would greatly appreciate it.
                      I will make an official announcement about Weekly Doubles at the meeting tomorrow.

The main reason for timing the Club round at 10:00 or 10:30 is to allow time for a round, and still have enough light to finish a second round, starting about 1:30 or 2:00. Starting later than 2:00 this time of year gets pretty sketchy for light if the round goes slowly.
                      Also, we haven't been scheduling them against the 4 Mound events, nor the NIDGC events.
                      As the season progresses, we'll be able to start at 11: and 3:00 and still have light for two rounds, but we ought to keep the timing the same for a while, at least, don't you think?
                      Also, my scheduling has been based on a formula. ALWAYS High Bridge if the event is on Saturday. Downriver if it's on Sunday. The formats flip-flop. One week Doubles at HB, Singles at DR.
                      The next (event) week Singles at HB and so forth. This format gives me something to schedule around, and players something to count on, but I don't have an investment in it. If you want that to change, just let me know.

Comment

My experience with start times was that noon produced the best attendance for the winter months.

Your mileage may vary, or you may have different goals than flat out high attendance (such as allowing time to get in a second round with daylight).
                        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

That is true, yet...
                          I have really been trying to steer clear of Downriver for winter golf.
                          Longer shots and more terrain in adverse conditions... not too many people have even been attempting he bottom in the snow.
                          Same can be said for Highbridge but at least it has been decently maintained by our membership throughout.
                          Truthfully, Stimpi Ridge is usually the best maintained around, especially when the weather is wintry. I love participating in your events, they are always a blast.

As for the time. Don't most disc golfers meet about noon for a round in the winter?
                          Asking many of our members to meet on a Sunday morning much before noon is pushing it, it kills our turnout. Especially when it's in the teens or twenties. Although, I completely agree with your points too... maybe we can bust out some sort of compromise before the meeting tomorrow? Announce something that works for all of us.

Comment

How about this one.

Scheduling around the 4 Mound and NIDGC events, why don't we swap the Saturday/Sunday, HB/DR. That way, I'll run a Saturday event at Downriver at 10:30, and a Stimpi event at 2:00.
                            Justin can run a High Bridge event at 12:00 on Sundays.
                            ???

Comment

That sounds awesome to me, as long as nobody objects.

Comment

4 Mound Handicap

Sunday we will be holding an SDGA Handicap tournament out at 4 Mound Disc Golf Reserve.

The gate will be open around 10:30 and the round will start about 11:00 am.

I'm pretty sure the ground will be frozen and not muddy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X