Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spokane weeklies?

Are these still happening?
    I randomly caught a saturday round two weeks ago.
    Sadly I have shown up for 2 since with no showing...not even a club rep.
    Are these even officially scheduled anymore?
    If they are, i'll happily re-clear and sand the HB pads for tomorrow.
    Please let me know.
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

weaklies

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
    Are these still happening?
    I randomly caught a saturday round two weeks ago.
    Sadly I have shown up for 2 since with no showing...not even a club rep.
    Are these even officially scheduled anymore?
    If they are, i'll happily re-clear and sand the HB pads for tomorrow.
    Please let me know.

that's a good question, Justin.
    I showed up yesterday, at Downriver, for the scheduled doubles but noone was hanging about. there were a few casual golfers is all.
    My Stimpi Ridge weeklies are scheduled, and I've been here for all of them. Alas, noone has shown up.
    I suspect there aren't many winter golfers in the club.
    My calendar lists another week of events, so I'll leave it, but I'm not adding anymore club events to the calendar until I get a confirmation call, from Tony, or whoever is supposed to be running them.

Comment

See post elsewhere

I put a post under 'Downriver Weeklies'

Comment

The weeklies are continuing at Stimpi Ridge. Today we have a fivesome for Skins.
        Check the calendar at www.stimpiridge.com for listings.
        Tonight (Monday, December 20th) will usher in the solstice with a total lunar eclipse.
        In honor of this event, Stimpi Ridge will be open for Night Golf Play. (no fees)
        Bring a flashlight for lighting your way, and the reflectors on the baskets.
        The tees have solar lights for lighting.
        The eclipse will begin around 8pm but will be total around 11:30pm, lasting until 1:30 or so.
        I'll also have a telescope set up, and a fire in the firepit to keep us warm.
        Happy Solstice everyone.

Comment

When I last talked to Tony, he said no one was showing up for his events once the weather got bad and the teepads were covered. He may start them up again if the course is faring better weatherwise.

If you want, I can pm you his number and you can ask him what his plans are on a week-by-week basis.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Disappointment ensues...

On Saturday I showed up at 10:30AM for the weekly Doubles that Tony said he was going to run. Sadly, no one was there. It had just started snowing about 1 hour to this and I noticed that there were no tracks in the snow at all.
            I showed up two weeks ago and it was Tony, Jim and myself. Not quite enough for Pro-Am Doubles, so we waited and decided to come back at noon when Wayne and his usual group were planning to play. We ended up playing with 6 people in a random draw pick-up event for $5.00 each. Jim and I came in second with a -1 and Wayne and Brandon scored a -5. The other team was at 0.
            I did hear from David Smith that last week when it was a bit dyer that they had a normal turnout of 11.
            If I were running the Doubles (which I do not intend to do) I would promote it better and always show up to run it - whether or not it was snowing, hailing or whatever. If I couldn't make it or didn't want to run it, I would then feel the responsibility to pass this along to someone else or at the very least post a message on the Tee Sign that it wasn't able to happen. Just not showing up is not how I would do it or expect it to be done.
            Let's show the disc golf community that they can count on us to run what we've scheduled.

Sky Pilot
            SDGA President
            Rely on Me

Comment

So... I hear that Stimpi's is the place then?
              It sucks showing up to an empty course.
              If pads are an issue, say something... Aaron, Kevin, and others have been doing an amazing job keeping them clear.

Also sounds odd that a non-club function took the place of a club one.
              Did the club fees get passed on as well?

Comment

So...It sucks showing up to an empty course...
                As someone who offers functions that are at best sometime sparsely attended. (Can I get a second Silly) Anyway As the organizer It's up to me to decide what we are playing and for how much, Right? If I am the only one who shows It's not to much of a deal, I just play a quick Personal Record Round and go. No blood no foul. The same can be said for a five some.

I do offer a phone number to call for weekly info updates espically if the weather is the deciding factor for most players. This would not be a bad idea for the club to have it's own voice mail.

So...Also sounds odd that a non-club function took the place of a club one. Did the club fees get passed on as well?
                It is interesting that a third party offers a counter scheduling or later starting time event In this instance Wayne believes his event is any less club dependent (after all club did install and maintains the course:
                members past and current) then the scheduled doubles that supports the clubs and it's efforts

So, the real question is; Why do some TD's collect for the club and why others don't feel the responsibility to collect fees from the club to keep the courses up and running?

Oh right this is that famous Disc Golf "third rail"

The Dreaded PAY TO PLAY I.E.D.
                rewindb.com

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what Jub just said...

Sorry if i'm just rekindling an old flame.
                  Just curious... like a cat, sadly.

Comment

Four Mound Handicap

There will be a Spokane Weekly Handicap tournament at Four Mound on Sunday, Dec. 26, 2010. Tee-off is 11:00 am. Cost is $10.
                    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

THANX BOB!

Comment

For any and all. Dec. 25th, Xmas Day, Stimpi Ridge will be open for casual play all day.
                        In the past, I've had quite a few folks show up. Often it's good to get out for some fresh air and exercise after all the early festivities. No Charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                          For any and all. Dec. 25th, Xmas Day, Stimpi Ridge will be open for casual play all day.
                          In the past, I've had quite a few folks show up. Often it's good to get out for some fresh air and exercise after all the early festivities. No Charge.
                          But its $15 to park, Right Stimp? And what of the a la carte fire pit?

Only kidding

HH to all
                          rewindb.com

Comment

Thanks again to Stimpi for the eclipse night golf.
                            I Had blast!

Comment