Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeremy, we were given an opportunity to do so.
    Bob, Gordy, and I gave speeches in December, same day I accepted my nomination.
    You and Kevin were not present at this meeting.
    It was not a well attended event, sadly not everyone watches the debates.
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
      Justin it is very obvious that your intentions with the club are to further the sport and not put your ego above your objective. I give you kudos and know that SGDA can expect great things will come from your diligence. Thank you....
      God is great, disc golf is good.

Comment

I had to work, furthermore what is the point of showing up to a "debate that there is nobody there to listen? That is a great way to make sure that voters decide who they want based on who's most popular not who has the best ideas and motivation to help lead the club. Who realizes that there aren't any emails going out to club members, and tells there friends, and their disc golfing friends, but doesn't let anyone else know? Even more importantly, A debate is held before all nominations can be accepted?? I accepted my nomination after the date of the "debate" Sp I don't get to speak???? This explanation holds no water. I appreciate your efforts to smooth it over and to show that the SDGA covered its bases, but it's not possible, because it didn't happen. I wrote on Facebook that we had an election where everybody voted, and after we all gave speeches. I had 60+ replies from golfers from all over the country and not one of them could even understand how it was possible, NOBODY HAD EVER EVEN HEARD OF IT! Golly gee, did we forget to have the speeches until after they voted.. better put it in the CHARTER!!

I ask a lot of good questions and nobody seems able or willing to answer them. The overall tone so far indicates defensiveness and skirting the issue. If you'd like to tell yourself it's my fault you are free to do so. If you'd like to tell your friends that I'm not stopping you. You cannot convince me otherwise on this forum nor in person. It's too obvious. ("I guess it needs to be in the charter" What a joke!) This new tactic is really primitive, I guess it needs to be in the charter.. How bout the next time you pull a scam and try saying it needs to be in the charter you need to be excused from the club?
        The problem with adding this crap to the charter is that it's such a cock-eyed thing to pull in the first place, everybody would know full and well you did it on purpose if you tried it again.
        It doesn't seem that there will be an adequate revision here so I guess it might as well be dropped.. Time for the powers that be to back on track, to move in the right direction, to pull from the vast number of club members that they haven't burned.. Good thing this sport is growing eh guys?
        Last edited by Yoduh; January 22nd, 2011, 01:56 AM. Reason: Spelling, run on sentences.. writing a post late at night.
        Relax and enjoy your hair
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
          How bout the next time you pull a scam and try saying it needs to be in the charter you need to be excused from the club?
          That's a pretty good point, but I think it would need to be in the charter to hold any water.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Disc Golf Diva View Post
            Justin it is very obvious that your intentions with the club are to further the sport and not put your ego above your objective. I give you kudos and know that SGDA can expect great things will come from your diligence. Thank you....
            I agree with the Diva here. You have a lot of energy, and you certainly put in effort, that is commendable. Thanks.
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

It doesn't seem that there will be an adequate revision here so I guess it might as well be dropped.. Time for the powers that be to back on track, to move in the right direction, to pull from the vast number of club members that they haven't burned.. Good thing this sport is growing eh guys?
              yoduh.
              i do agree AND disagree with some AND alot of what you have said in the past posts . but heres an idea : if talking and yelling doesnt help then MAYBE it might be more helpful to you if you started you own club (NOT THAT I AM TELLING YOU TO GO OR ASKING OR WANTING TO) but if you and others (as you say) are so unhappy with the way the club is running AND who is running it then this would seem to be the most simplest way to handle the problem(other then changing the whole club around which we are doing anyways) and no you dont have to do it you can do what you want. as for me I AM going to do the VERY BEST i can do to improve the way the club and the golf courses and yes no matter what you or anyone else`s says DISCGOLF IS STRONG AND GROWING in spokane ..(b.t.w. yoduh i am working on signing up a real estate COMPANY as club members they say they have 200+ employees i am trying for half !) now can we PLEASE AND I DO MEAN PLEASE get on with a fresh new year for discgolf and QUIT rehashing and whinning and bi#$%ing about things that have HAPPENED in the past.(yes kevin i did put my ppl skils hat on when i sat down and typed all this up!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
                yoduh.
                i do agree AND disagree with some AND alot of what you have said in the past posts . but heres an idea : if talking and yelling doesnt help then MAYBE it might be more helpful to you if you started you own club (NOT THAT I AM TELLING YOU TO GO OR ASKING OR WANTING TO) but if you and others (as you say) are so unhappy with the way the club is running AND who is running it then this would seem to be the most simplest way to handle the problem(other then changing the whole club around which we are doing anyways) and no you dont have to do it you can do what you want. as for me I AM going to do the VERY BEST i can do to improve the way the club and the golf courses and yes no matter what you or anyone else`s says DISCGOLF IS STRONG AND GROWING in spokane ..(b.t.w. yoduh i am working on signing up a real estate COMPANY as club members they say they have 200+ employees i am trying for half !) now can we PLEASE AND I DO MEAN PLEASE get on with a fresh new year for discgolf and QUIT rehashing and whinning and bi#$%ing about things that have HAPPENED in the past.(yes kevin i did put my ppl skils hat on when i sat down and typed all this up!!!)
                it good to see your working on your people skills

Comment

Jeremy Go ahead and post your presentation. It would be interesting to know what you see/hope is the future of the SDGA.

Side note Treasurer is not the most glamorous of board positions far from it. Depending on what/if Jeremy posts he may have been better served running for a different position.

Again the hardest thing any board member needs to cope with is only doing the job they were elected too.
                  rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by special K View Post
                    it good to see your working on your people skills
                    uh thanks. i guess

Comment

Jeremy, the majority of your speech was about our club becoming a non-profit.
                      How do you plan on this vision when we can't agree on anything?
                      Downriver layout? replacing a board member? running of an election?
                      Hell, we can't agree on a quantitative distance measurement!
                      Do you really expect this group to be a functioning non-profit?

In the last 3 months, you have been to one meeting and complained about at least three.
                      Get involved, do the leg work yourself, and see the results.
                      I know you can do this and the club will be a better place for it.
                      Sadly, I don't think you aret gonna be satisfied with the club unless you work to be part of the change.

Comment

Jeremy, the majority of your speech was about our club becoming a non-profit.
                        How do you plan on this vision when we can't agree on anything?
                        Downriver layout? replacing a board member? running of an election?
                        Hell, we can't agree on a quantitative distance measurement!
                        Do you really expect this group to be a functioning non-profit?

In the last 3 months, you have been to one meeting and complained about at least three.
                        Get involved, do the leg work yourself, and see the results.
                        I know you can do this and the club will be a better place for it.
                        Sadly, I don't think you aret gonna be satisfied with the club unless you work to be part of the change.
                        I think if we would have spoken before the vote we would have had a completely different vote. So just because this disfunctional board can't get anything done, how do you predict what our dynamic would the same, with a completely different board? I have only been to 1 meeting because in the winter I don't have Tuesdays free but I've got about 10 years in this club, and trust me I fully understand the blocking forces in the club. I've done alot of leg work and it usually nets nothing. You will learn more as you've been around. I do not plan on investing any more energy into this club. Not for a couple years.
                        I will be focusing on the Valley and on the Idaho state park system. Have a couple other courses that may surface soon here in Washington.
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

It is a moot point man. The vote is over. The process happened.
                          Our club obviously needs a change and the charter review can resolve many of your issues.
                          Complaining about the past will only net us naysayers and critics.

Get involved and show the difference rather than preaching it.
                          Get involved in the actions and make the change you keep talking about.
                          Get involved, otherwise you are leaving us when we could use you most.

Comment

It is a moot point man. The vote is over. The process happened.
                            Our club obviously needs a change and the charter review can resolve many of your issues.
                            Complaining about the past will only net us naysayers and critics.

Get involved and show the difference rather than preaching it.
                            Get involved in the actions and make the change you keep talking about.
                            Get involved, otherwise you are leaving us when we could use you most.
                            I have always been involved, just not on the surface.. I will keep helping to grow the sport. I don't need to be in the SDGA to do that. You carry the torch. I wish you and the organization many disc golf victories.
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                              So just because this disfunctional board can't get anything done, how do you predict what our dynamic would the same, with a completely different board?
                              While the board is certainly dysfunctional and I doubt any board member would disagree, I disagree that we can't get anything done.

There have been a lot of positive changes in the last year to Downriver, Highbridge, and the fledgling People's Park. The funny thing is, however, that most of those positive changes have been spearheaded by the guy that everyone on this board loves to hate, Jeff Crum. And then the rest of the board (excepting me, probably) have done a great job on following up on Jeff's ideas and getting stuff implemented on the courses via work parties and elbow grease.

We are stagnant at People's Park and Camp Sekani right now due to bureaucratic BS, but our other two courses are flourishing.
                              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

The only reason I said that is that I was quoting shrack. The summer work was non-existent but as elections grew near and the golf season started to wrap up there was a flurry of things that got done.
                                Jeff is the reason that the SDGA may get Sakani and People's. He is also responsible for following through on my request to ask the city if we could put sponsors on the tee sign's. He also got the art work for the professional tee sign's donated. He has done alot for the club and it seems like alot to piss off the board. Maybe they don't like being shown up (Not like it matters). I just want to see stuff get done.
                                As far as my speech goes I was interested in gaining 401c3 non profit status and figuring out ways to generate money to build our courses from other sources than golfers. 401c3 and this work hand in hand. I also have ALL of the paperwork already filled out for 501c3 status. It is done correctly because I got it from a club that got approved. I have the lawyer and tax accountant's willing to donate their time for the club. There was something else too but I cannot remember, don't matter anyway.
                                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X