Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a charter review coming up, voice these qualms to the charter commitee!
    Get some results!
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

?

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
      We have a charter review coming up, voice these qualms to the charter commitee!
      Get some results!
      What kind of results can I expect if I have a qualm with someone doing my thinking for me?
      Last edited by coryreu; January 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM. Reason: ?

Comment

Originally posted by coryreu View Post
        What kind of results can I expect if I have a qualm with someone doing my thinking for me?
        You and your Rhetoric!

Anyway, this is a wonderful opportunity to voice your concerns in a constructive way...
        I have a feeling those who chose to comment will be considered.
        Last edited by jshrack; January 20th, 2011, 04:47 PM.
        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by coryreu View Post
          Everyone knows the negative nellie on this forum is Jeremy Thornton. I know it is frustrating but maybe you should just consider the source and disregard Yo Duhs remarks. All can see its just sour grapes. The candidates forum was Dec 14, and it was on this forum which we all know that Jeremy follows. He choose to accept his nomination at the last minute on Dec 31. The opportunity to speak his mind was there, he used this manipulation so he would have something to carp about if he didn't get his way.
          God is great, disc golf is good.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
            You and your Rhetoric!

Anyway, this is a wonderful opportunity to voice your concerns in a constructive way...
            I have a feeling those who chose to comment will be considered.
            Both are results that I already possess. No second parties desired to think for me or for my rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Disc Golf Diva View Post
              Everyone knows the negative nellie on this forum is Jeremy Thornton.
              Actually, all I see is petty bullshit coming from all directions.

No one wants to actually discuss anything, they all just want to draw a line in the sand and bicker.

Pinning it on any one person is pretty unreasonable.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

If you look back on this thread One person has nothing good to say. Most is positive as it should be to start this new year. You are in a position to lead the club in the right direction. Keep up the good work and with all working to improve disc golf there will be a successful club.
                God is great, disc golf is good.

Comment

Dear Club Members,

" I arrived at 6:20PM and ballots were already passed out. What could I do about that? Get the ballots back and cause a scene? No, it was too late . "

Sky Pilot
                  SDGA President

How about " 'Ladies and gentleman, Welcome. May I have your attention for a moment please. I see that a number of the ballots have already been passed out. I'd like to let you know that when the meeting convenes we will ask the candidates to speak briefly on their own behalf. If you do not already know who you want to vote for you may want to wait until after the candidates have spoken before you do. Thank You and please enjoy this evening we have together." ????????

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                    Dear Club Members,

" I arrived at 6:20PM and ballots were already passed out. What could I do about that? Get the ballots back and cause a scene? No, it was too late . "

Sky Pilot
                    SDGA President

How about " 'Ladies and gentleman, Welcome. May I have your attention for a moment please. I see that a number of the ballots have already been passed out. I'd like to let you know that when the meeting convenes we will ask the candidates to speak briefly on their own behalf. If you do not already know who you want to vote for you may want to wait until after the candidates have spoken before you do. Thank You and please enjoy this evening we have together." ????????
                    That sounds like something any of the Board Members could have done...
                    PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by lj jubner View Post
                      jezzus christ is this election going to the supreme court????

Campaigns are what we base our elections on.

Stimpi is right! Campaigns start as soon as the person excepts the nomination. It certainly took most nominees a long time between the time they were nominated and they time they actually excepted the nomination this forum is the perfect place to address mail in ballot holders like me.

Yoduh, your statement about ..."not wanting your positions dissected here"... Was asinine. As a voter i deserve to know in advance what your goals and dreams for the club are. After all were there not 18 mail in ballots cast. Beforehand is much more important then having to live with the results for the length of that positions term.

Jeff, are you time challenged? It seems to me that your biggest complaints are about what happens before you arrive. Maybe you should arrive earlier the main reason why most members attended this meeting was to vote, so it's only natural they want to get the actual ballot in their hands asap. As far as bob goes he was performing the duties of the pr person until the position was actually filled.

Now comes the hard part

each of the board members needs to do only the job they were elected to do. No more information from the steward when it's the pr job. This does not mean your oppinions and input are not important your just not the clubs mouth piece. Want to do a differnt job run for the right office.

Basically the only official info from the club should come from the pr position.
                      as a current club MEMBER i second this idea !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disc Golf Diva View Post
                        . Keep up the good work and with all working to improve disc golf there will be a successful club.

AND I SECOND THIS ALSO! VERY VERY GOOD IDEA.

now lets get ready to play some discgolf

Comment

Cory. I apologize if I was a lil touchy. Sorta hot about the wheel that just seems to be reinvented every time I turn around.
                          Bob, Thank you for your apology.
                          Gordy, Jeff Told me that he talked to Jon or Bob, at 4:00 and they had discussed the proper way to handle the election. That ballots were to be passed out after the candidates spoke (which I would have never even thought to mention because it seems OVERTLY OBVIOUS.) Somehow they didn't follow what was talked about.
                          Disc golf Diva. You hide behind your name page name. I have never read a single positive comment by you. Again I ask you to reveal yourself. Everybody else knows everybody else on this page. You hide like chicken, yet speak like a lion.
                          Jub.... HA!
                          Psycho, great screen name buddy.
                          Relax and enjoy your hair
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

There are only 10 or so voters who read this forum. Of those 10, 7 of them already have their minds made up. Only 1 of those voters came to the meeting that was undecided and the other 2 mailed in their vote. So I lose 2 votes by not giving out my position or my ideas. Jub don't pretend for 1 minute you were undecided. You decided who you were gonna vote for before there was an election. Gordy and you are buddys and that's it. What was Gordy's positition in a small nutshell? I'm going to keep being the treasurer as I have been. It's not like balancing a check book and keeping track of who you owe money to and who owes you money is that hard to do. He has performed his treasure job adequately. I have heard people from all over the course say that Gordy has been sucking money out of the club and been screwing golfers. As much as Gordy and I don't get along I've always stuck up for his accounting abilities. I have met every complaint that wasn't valid with facts and I've hear a ton of crazy theories.. anyway off track. If you were at the meeting and you heard my ideas and speech and wanted to change your vote, I feel ya. It is what it is. As Bob said its time to get everyone on the same track.
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The last thing I want to say has anyone ever voted and then watched the presidential debates?
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                                Cory. I apologize if I was a lil touchy. Sorta hot about the wheel that just seems to be reinvented every time I turn around.
                                Bob, Thank you for your apology.
                                Gordy, Jeff Told me that he talked to Jon or Bob, at 4:00 and they had discussed the proper way to handle the election. That ballots were to be passed out after the candidates spoke (which I would have never even thought to mention because it seems OVERTLY OBVIOUS.) Somehow they didn't follow what was talked about.
                                Disc golf Diva. You hide behind your name page name. I have never read a single positive comment by you. Again I ask you to reveal yourself. Everybody else knows everybody else on this page. You hide like chicken, yet speak like a lion.
                                Jub.... HA!
                                Psycho, great screen name buddy.
                                I understand your concerns. And accept your apology. Ty.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X