Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only other issue that I'm not 100% on is that I spoke with a couple golfers this morning and they told me that they never got an email announcing the election. I realized after hearing that, that I hadn't either.. Bob, did you send out emails announcing the election to the SDGA email list?
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

curious

I didn't catch the final count on the votes. What were they?

Comment

We were separated by 6 votes.. actually it could have only been 5 votes.
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Final Counts

Membership

Kevin Sakus - 46 out of 50

PR

Bob Perrewe - 33
          Justin Shrack - 17

Treasurer

Gordy Crafts - 33
          Jeremy Thornton - 17

These are the final counts!
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
            The only other issue that I'm not 100% on is that I spoke with a couple golfers this morning and they told me that they never got an email announcing the election. I realized after hearing that, that I hadn't either.. Bob, did you send out emails announcing the election to the SDGA email list?
            Yes, I sent out 3 informational emails concerning the election using the club email tool.

I think it may not be functioning. Jeff called the webmaster to see if he could get it working prior to the election.

Comment

Campaign Day

I too have to say that I was very impressed by the way Justin presented himself to the Club. I am sure that if he would have done it before the election there would have been more votes for him as well. An interesting point is that him and I had exactly the same amount of votes meaning that everybody showed up knowing who they were going to vote for and did so which makes sense because they were giving know reason to vote someone else.
              I talked to Jeff Crumb and he said that when he showed up people had already been giving there ballots and had turned them in. Bob had been handing out ballots and accepting them. Not going to blame Jeff. Not blaming Bob. It's just frustrating that something funny happened. People voted. Then they heard from there candidates.. Doesn't anyone think that's funny or odd or even strange? Or is it all my imagination?
              Jeremy,
              An election is just that.
              The campaigning starts when you are nominated. You don't start campaigning on election day.
              You go out and vote. That's an election.
              I've seen plenty of posts from you, mostly complaining about how things are run, but I can't remember any posts that lay out how you intended to correct these problems, if elected.

Comment

Party lines?

BTW, Congratulations to the re-elected board members. Apparently the bulk of the club seems to think you'll continue doing the quality jobs you've been doing for... uh... since we've had a club. Or in Bob and Kevin's case, since you've discovered the sport of disc golf and gotten involved with the club.

I'm not saying they are the only working assets in the club. I'd also like to acknowledge the positive efforts and results that Justin and Jeremy have contributed to the club and the courses.

On a wider note. Thanks to ALL you club members that have been working on the High Bridge and Downriver improvements, and the Peoples Park maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                  Membership

Kevin Sakus - 46 out of 50

PR

Bob Perrewe - 33
                  Justin Shrack - 17

Treasurer

Gordy Crafts - 33
                  Jeremy Thornton - 17

These are the final counts!
                  Last night Jeff announced the vote as 30 to 19.. The numbers must have been mixed up... I say 6 votes difference Because the vote was announced at 30-19. If 6 people changed their vote that would have given me the majority. One person said he would have changed his vote based on my speach.. I happened to sit down next to him. Just another learning experience. Not sure how we make mistakes we used to not make.

Bob. That is a great disappointment that our club email function has been broken for the last 2 months. Did you not have access to the list of club emails? If you did was there no there way to get an email out to our present and former club members so they could come out and have their voice heard? If you sent it 3 times it makes me think that you knew it wasn't working..

Stimpi. Every election we have had, the candidates have spoken before the vote, so very safe to assume that I would have a chance to get my point across. I choose not to give my points of view on this forum because I did not see the need to allow it to be picked apart by the negative nelly's on this site. I presumed that the general voting public could hear my ideas and make their own decision. Also I do not appreciate my ideas being taken and used against me or used as if they were their own. I have been burned quite a few times here so I choose to keep my cards close to me. If you were interested you could have called me or emailed me and I would have told you the direction I saw the club going. Which is what I did at the meeting, whereas Gordy gave a very accurate and descript analysis of what a treasurer does.

Cory, some how you think that because of the difference in the vote that things shouldn't be done properly. That's kind of like you wanting to hear from Jeff on the other thread when Gordy never once commented or denied anything that he said or did.

I'm out
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Dear Club Members,

I ask you, can a meeting even begin before the Chair is present? I would say that the passing out of Election ballots is an important matter before the Chair. I was told that people were going to use the pre-meeting time to renew their memberships and that the voting itself would begin at 7:30PM. I arrived at 6:20PM and ballots were already passed out. What could I do about that? Get the ballots back and cause a scene? No, it was too late for that.

I called Jon Verbarg at 4:08PM before the meeting and went over the Order of Business. I also called Tim Nevins at 4:12PM and went over it with him as well. Both agreed with my Order of Business. The sheet that I passed out, and what I told them both said that the speeches would occur before the voting. That was the only logical way to do it. The fact that this didn't occur is obvious. Did they agree at 4:00PM and disagree by their actions 6:00PM? I don't know. As Jeremy said, there is no point to having people speak about what they would do in office after everyone has voted. Do you think that's unfair?

Our voting process, due to this situation needs to be tightened up prior to any further elections. This should and will be addressed in the Charter amendment process - among other things of course.

Other than that, perhaps the incumbents would have won anyway. They seemed to have a better handle on the new early voting process.

Sky Pilot
                    SDGA President
                    Rely on Me

Comment

Originally posted by wobbly bob View Post
                      membership

kevin sakus - 46 out of 50

pr

bob perrewe - 33
                      justin shrack - 17

treasurer

gordy crafts - 33
                      jeremy thornton - 17

these are the final counts!
                      by the way bob i know for a fact that these aren't accurate! Better check your numbers again>>
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Jezzus Christ is this election going to the Supreme Court????

Campaigns are what we base our Elections on.

Stimpi is right! Campaigns start as soon as the person excepts the nomination. It certainly took most nominees a long time between the time they were nominated and they time they actually excepted the nomination This forum is the perfect place to address mail in ballot holders like me.

Yoduh, Your statement about ..."not wanting your positions dissected here"... was asinine. As a voter I deserve to know in advance what your goals and dreams for the club are. After all were there not 18 mail in Ballots cast. Beforehand is much more important then having to live with the results for the length of that positions term.

IMNSHO Jeremy You should fire your campagin manager.

Jeff, Are you time challenged? It seems to me that your biggest complaints are about what happens before you arrive. Maybe you should arrive Earlier The main reason why most members attended this meeting was to vote, So it's only natural they want to get the actual ballot in their hands ASAP. As far as Bob goes he was performing the duties of the PR person until the position was actually filled.

Now comes the hard part

Each of the board members needs to do only the job they were elected to do. No more information from the steward when it's the PR job. This does not mean your oppinions and input are not important your just not the clubs mouth piece. Want to do a differnt job run for the right office.

Basically The only official info from the club should come from The PR position.
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Last night Jeff announced the vote as 30 to 19.. The numbers must have been mixed up... I say 6 votes difference Because the vote was announced at 30-19. If 6 people changed their vote that would have given me the majority. One person said he would have changed his vote based on my speach.. I happened to sit down next to him. Just another learning experience. Not sure how we make mistakes we used to not make.

Bob. That is a great disappointment that our club email function has been broken for the last 2 months. Did you not have access to the list of club emails? If you did was there no there way to get an email out to our present and former club members so they could come out and have their voice heard? If you sent it 3 times it makes me think that you knew it wasn't working..

Stimpi. Every election we have had, the candidates have spoken before the vote, so very safe to assume that I would have a chance to get my point across. I choose not to give my points of view on this forum because I did not see the need to allow it to be picked apart by the negative nelly's on this site. I presumed that the general voting public could hear my ideas and make their own decision. Also I do not appreciate my ideas being taken and used against me or used as if they were their own. I have been burned quite a few times here so I choose to keep my cards close to me. If you were interested you could have called me or emailed me and I would have told you the direction I saw the club going. Which is what I did at the meeting, whereas Gordy gave a very accurate and descript analysis of what a treasurer does.

Cory, some how you think that because of the difference in the vote that things shouldn't be done properly. That's kind of like you wanting to hear from Jeff on the other thread when Gordy never once commented or denied anything that he said or did.

I'm out

Dear Jeremy, please forgive me for the misinformation. I stand corrected concerning the count.

Comment

Let's go forward

Hey Disc Golfers, the elections are finally over. Win or lose it's time to go forward in 2011.

Yes, the Charter needs to specifically address elections in the future. I am on the Charter Review Committee and know that elections and many other parts of our Charter need to be revised. That is one of the first things we are going to work on before the weather gets nice.

It's time for the disc golf community in Spokane to come together and start working as the team that we all know we can be. In our membership base we have people with skills in all of the areas that we need skills. We are also fortunate in that we have people that generate funds for our club in many different ways.

Let's make 2011 the best year the SDGA has ever had.

Comment

Stimpi is right that its important to get your goals and plans out ahead of time, and Yoduh is also right that you need to speak before ballots are collected.
                              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Hmmm....

[QUOTE=Yoduh;87617]
                                Cory, some how you think that because of the difference in the vote that things shouldn't be done properly.

I didn't know what the vote counts were so I asked.
                                No more. No less.
                                Nowhere in my post did I speak of the meeting and/or if it was done properly.
                                You made an irrational assumption that you know what I think. Please don't do that.
                                Last edited by coryreu; January 20th, 2011, 03:03 PM. Reason: yep

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X