Report/Minutes on the meeting at Stadium Pizza - November 2nd 2010 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    So there was no chest bumping with Jeff, like there was when Gordy chest bumped and intimidated Maka to try and get $100 from him for weeklies, in the middle of a weekly.

I am happy to know that the Charter issues are being addressed. It has been a long time coming. I would like to see changes in the balancing of the very limited power of the club members, with the ultimate power of the board. For instance, if 15 club members total were to vote for an agenda, I do not see why the board should be able to just change it later. Unless something unexpected occurs and it is no longer possible. I feel like the board should be the arms of the club but the board has operated as if the club is the pinky toe. Things have been slightly better with board meetings being scheduled with the club's knowledge. The board can do what it wants though with no checks or balances.
    Now let me get this right! Gordy at 210 lbs. chest bumped with Maka at 275 lbs. and you thought that Maka was intimidated?

Gordon was chasing money for the SDGA as the Treasurer. Stimpi had raised the money running weeklies for the SDGA, and he had handed that money over to Maka, but Maka didn't have it any more! He had given it away as ace pot money.

I love ya man, but you always see Gordy as the villain. Where would disc golf in Spokane be without him?? Have you given as much of your time to disc golf as Gordy??? Have you been a disc golf sponsor as much as Gordy, or Stimpi, or Jack??? What have you donated to the SDGA besides you criticism????

Gordy Crafts is the single main reason for the SDGA being where it is today. He has inspired others to come along side of him and share his vision. He has even inspired others to go beyond his own dreams for disc golf in Spokane.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

[QUOTE=LJ Being a board member is a full time/ year round job.[/QUOTE]

Lord do I wish our board actually felt this way.
      The SDGA's current board doesn't meet during the season.
      Thus the reason it took 6 months to get FC resolved...
      They are too busy?
      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
        Gordy says, "We do not need to invent problems."

His words speak volumes.

Depose the K.G.B.
        It saddens me that a man of God (pastor) would be so insidious as to refer to Kevin,Gordon,and Bob as K.G.B. Shouldn't you of all people try to make peace? Are you just a puppet for J.T. that's right Jeremy Thornton. No good will come of that alliance. The disc golfers of Spokane are much smarter than letting Yo! Duh! influence them...Just saying
        God is great, disc golf is good.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sky Pilot
          Gordy says, "We do not need to invent problems."

His words speak volumes.

Depose the K.G.B.

It saddens me that a man of God (pastor) would be so insidious as to refer to Kevin,Gordon,and Bob as K.G.B. Shouldn't you of all people try to make peace? Are you just a puppet for J.T. that's right Jeremy Thornton. No good will come of that alliance. The disc golfers of Spokane are much smarter than letting Yo! Duh! influence them...Just saying
          __________________________________________________ ______________________
          AGAIN somebody else who THINKS this post is GOTTEN WAAAAY out of hand .. and yoduh IF YOU REALLY WANT CHEST BUMPING i am sure the K.G.B. would LET ME HANDLE THAT PROBLEM ..and now if you are done with your SOAP BOX RUN can WE(yes i mean the club) get back to the daily tasks of discgolf .. oh yoduh and jeff WHEN as club members are you two gonna just grow up and deal with the facts of life NOT EVERYONE thinks like the two of you .. IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT THE CLUB IS DOING QUIT WHINNING AND JUST QUIT !!!! i am getting tried of coming on to the forum and having to listen to how ppl are not treating you two right..BOOHOO LIFE IS NOT FAIR GET OVER IT ..

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
            Lord do I wish our board actually felt this way.
            The SDGA's current board doesn't meet during the season.
            Thus the reason it took 6 months to get FC resolved...
            They are too busy?
            i do think that most if not all of the board has a full time job other then the SDGA .

Comment

Not in dispute...
              Yet, taking on those extra duties is a responsiblity they have asked to accept.
              Shirking those during the golf season isn't what we should be shooting for.

Why bring only drivers onto the course when they do the job half the time?
              Still great discs... We just need more utility than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Disc Golf Diva View Post
                Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                  Now let me get this right! Gordy at 210 lbs. chest bumped with Maka at 275 lbs. and you thought that Maka was intimidated?
                  I don't know if he was intimidated or not, the point is this is disc golf, not the mafia. You don't need to intimidate people that are trying to cooperate and help raise money. Maka said that if Gordy would have been 20 years younger he would have knocked him out for being so disrespectful. He said that he completely ruined the round for him, and everybody in his group. He said that at the very beginning when Gordy approached him, he was about to start the event, and he told Gordy he had called him several times and that he wanted to meet him and talk about the situation. From this point Gordy, decides he needs to follow Maka and harass him, and at one point chest bump him!?!?

Gordon was chasing money for the SDGA as the Treasurer. Stimpi had raised the money running weeklies for the SDGA, and he had handed that money over to Maka, but Maka didn't have it any more! He had given it away as ace pot money.
                  Somebody hit the ace pot and Maka had to pay them out, and he couldn't get a hold of Gordy so he paid out of HIS pocket. He reimbursed himself collecting the SDGA portion of the entry's. He tried calling Gordy several times. Showing up and acting like a BULLY is CRAP!

I love ya man, but you always see Gordy as the villain. Where would disc golf in Spokane be without him?? Have you given as much of your time to disc golf as Gordy??? Have you been a disc golf sponsor as much as Gordy, or Stimpi, or Jack??? What have you donated to the SDGA besides you criticism????
                  Well Bob I really don't like to tout what I do for the club or the sport because I am more interested in getting things done than getting credit. But if you think I only whine and criticize than I will help fill in the void. I ran 3 "High Bridge Teasers" raising over $1500 for High Bridge before we had baskets. A High Bridge Teaser is exactly the same thing as what Kevin has and you have ran at People's park, I gave that idea to Kevin. I ran a summer series on Wednesday's that went for 8 weeks. I averaged 25 players a week and kicked down the $2 a piece to the club. I have attended work parties at Downriver since before you knew what disc golf was. I've worked at High Bridge, Corbin Park, Cherry Hill (helped all designs), I designed and constructed Dubble Black Diamond and am doing the same at Heyburn State Park right now. I've worked 40+ hours out at 4 Mounds and also did quite a bit at Golden Gate Park in SF.
                  I also designed People's Park. I feel Kevin deserves a ton of credit anyway's for dealing with keeping the buckets up and going. I donated the old teepad for hole 4 on Christmas a few years back. I also drove back and forth from Pullman 8 times, while I was struggling to get by in college, to play the first ever winter series in Spokane ran by the one and only.. Richard Robbins. I donated all of my winnings back to the course back when we were shooting at buckets. I always donate to the charity events and I used to bring in sponsors for the SDGA events until I realized that the ethics of our TD's were less than admirable.
                  I asked for years if the club would approach the city about getting sponsors for our tee signs. I was told that they wouldn't allow private sponsors in a public park. By Gordy. I was also told if we pushed this issue we could lose our park. 10 months ago Jeff Crumb became president and less than a month later we had approval for tee signs to raise money for our courses. How did Jeff get the city to change their minds? He said all he did was ask if we could put sponsors on our signs and they said, sure you can. At a recent board meeting Gordy and Bob proposed that the SDGA pull the baskets from High Bridge and that the "USER GROUP" pay to get them back. Not sure I follow that logic since the "USER GROUP" is the people that pay their dues and play in fund raising event's. Maybe you can explain your thought process BOB?

Gordy Crafts is the single main reason for the SDGA being where it is today. He has inspired others to come along side of him and share his vision. He has even inspired others to go beyond his own dreams for disc golf in Spokane.
                  Gordy Crafts has done everything in his power to alienate disc golfers with energy and ideas. As these golfers have quit trying to be involved it has left Gordy as the last man standing. I have always tried to be helpful but I haven't been appreciated. I worked a couple full days before a 4 mound event a few years back, and Kevin Sakus came out and worked for an hour. Time comes for Gordy to thank some helpful souls, and he thanks Kevin who's blown away that he was even mentioned, and he can't believe he doesn't say anything about me(directly from Kevin's mouth). I wanted to run a barbeque for a 4 mounds event and I talked to Gordy about what it might cost, and he has me go do a bunch of price checking. I get back to him with prices the next day. He says why don't you figure out how much it would be for sandwiches. I call him back the next day. He says I just made up the flyer for the tourney, if you'd like to sell sandwiches at the tourney you can, pay me $50 and I will let you do it.. My idea from the beginning was I would provide a service that disc golfers could pre-order when they register, and not worry about food out at 4 mounds. Instead I spend 6 hours talking to Gordy and running around figuring stuff out, and he decides before he's even heard info on sandwiches that I can pay him and vend!? If he would have said that before I wouldn't have wasted any time at all. I'm not a sandwich vendor. The very next year he puts a lunch option for sandwiches on the registration, without me of course. The first meeting I ever went to for the club I asked that the club try and plant some trees to help with safety, he laughed at me and made a joke, I guess I should have taken the hint there. Very inspirational Gordy
                  I have seen him do the exact same thing to lots of other golfers.
                  If you want the truth ask me in person.
                  Relax and enjoy your hair
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Your post reads like it is time for you to try and form your own club.
                    rewindb.com

Comment

I am disgusted by our club members telling anyone to quit... Not your place. Now I begin to see why our club stays so small and fractured.

Comment

I am disgusted by our club members telling anyone to quit... Not your place.
                        Yoda has been been disgruntled for along time now. He has tried to strike out on his own to form the Valley Club several times. Unfortunately he seems to lack the following of enough members to realize his visions and goals.

Now I begin to see why our club stays so small and fractured.
                        Actually I don't see the club as small or fractured.
                        Two courses in the ground
                        Outside funding for a third and
                        Such a weak club can fund a fourth right now.

Now it's not all Gordy doing all the work. At times some really critical projects were accomplished by dedicated club'rs. Chris Re comes straight to mind
                        No, he did not see eye to eye on everything but still put forth his best effort Yes, Yoda has been involved with the fun stuff like basic design.
                        Yes, Jeff has been able to introduce new ideas to the board. Has it been a struggle? Yes but I bet if you ask him He is still happy to have given the effort.
                        Yes the club is going forward through the efforts of all the members.
                        rewindb.com

Comment

I'll be the first to admit that my perspective is limited by my time in the club.
                          The view just seems a lil better at times (my very subjective interpretation)

Comment

I am disgusted by our club members telling anyone to quit... Not your place. Now I begin to see why our club stays so small and fractured.
                            With an attitude like that, why don't you go and form your own club!?
                            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Sarcasm? So hard to tell via text...
                              If not... My club of one would be smaller and more fractured anyway.

Comment

Sarcasm? So hard to tell via text...
                                If not... My club of one would be smaller and more fractured anyway.
                                Yeah But you would get lots done lol HH from one trouble maker to another. jub
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X