Report/Minutes on the meeting at Stadium Pizza - November 2nd 2010 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    So YoDA If the board was not damned then answer these questions
    1. How important is the FC position to the club?
    2. How long was the board supposed to wait for the person elected to either perform his duties or abandon the position so it could be filled by someone who would do the job?
    These questions aren't really the right questions. 1) If I was a part of the board and I were going to replace a board member I would first and foremost make sure that the other 5 board members know about the meeting. Not 2. 2) I would invite the Club members to the meeting to invite feedback and to solicit opinion from the members I am representing.

    Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    Not to be confused with the time you attacked that guy at LCO (in 2003-4?) by 6 basket over HIS girlfriend. Cris Bellinger can you refresh our memories of what year that was?
    Once again you speak about something you have no clue about what you are saying. 1) not his girlfriend. 2) I was punched in the side of the head when I wasn't looking. 3) This in no way excuses Gordy for threatening people.

    I could just as easily mention here that you told me your tournament was full and then told me I could get in if I paid you $500. After you let someone in who signed up after me. Besides most of the people on this forum are pretty up to speed on Jub credentials and Jub scams.
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

    Comment


    • #17
      I am just a current club member on the outside looking in.

      At least I took the issue seriously enough by even considering splitting weekends (as you suggested. )
      rewindb.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
        The board has never been damned in this situation. Gordy is not the board. Threatening somebody is serious.
        Jeremy, I don't believe you were at the meeting you are speaking about. Gordy never said he was going to hit Jeff yet this is how you make it sound. You're playing a game called telephone and spreading rumors. Isn't it time to grow up?
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
          Jeremy, I don't believe you were at the meeting you are speaking about. Gordy never said he was going to hit Jeff yet this is how you make it sound. You're playing a game called telephone and spreading rumors. Isn't it time to grow up?
          There were only 3 board members total invited to the meeting. The fourth just happened to show up. I am not playing any games. If you read Skypilot's report which is on this forum, anyone can see what is so upsetting. I realize the goals of you and Jub is to sweep this under the rug but the problem is this isn't the first time club business has been carried out through Gordy with blunt force trauma. I am sick of it.
          I don't understand how a meeting of club members or board members can turn into threats, intimidation and chest bumping. It is disc golf, not a heavyweight title fight.
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
            ... I am sick of it.
            Maybe the suggestion of your own club is the answer.



            Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
            I don't understand how a meeting of club members or board members can turn into threats, intimidation and chest bumping. It is disc golf, not a heavyweight title fight.
            Actually Yoda it was you who concluded that Gordy had tried to intimidate Jeff. Jeff even stated Gordy apologized so the issue or at least any perceived intimidation should have been moot.

            By the way was I missing something when Jeff said he arrived 30 min early but was actually late?

            He was late to a meeting he set the time for (whether anyone else responded/attended or not.) If your late you have got expect them to start without you.
            Last edited by LJ Jubner; December 9th, 2010, 12:07 PM. Reason: fixed quote
            rewindb.com

            Comment


            • #21
              The meeting was NOT announced as starting early yet it did. I showed up 2 min prior to the start of the meeting and votes were being cast to remove Eric and instate John. The club was not involved at all. The club was not even told a replacement was being considered nonetheless decided on at an unannounced meeting. I asked that we reconsider these board meetings before club meetings and was not even given a change to make my case. This entire meeting was FUBAR. Yet the board insisted it was our best in months... nothing new...
              When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

              Comment


              • #22
                FUBAR HAHA Good word choice check out the movie!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                  ... nothing new...
                  It's my understanding that if the steward calls a meeting (Time/date/place) he needs to be prepared to be ready for that meeting (Time/date/place) whether others respond or not. The response is a certainly a courtesy and should be responded too. But, it's just that a courtesy, it's not like its a subpoena


                  Maybe some of the frustration you sensed was this issue had gone on for so long members were glad to FINALLY have it (and only it, the un supported FC position) settled.

                  I guess my next question is was anything else discussed at this meeting?
                  rewindb.com

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    FC was NOT discussed in the member meeting.
                    It was not addressed to the club at all.
                    It was not on Jeff's agenda because it was competely unplanned.
                    Jeff didn't schedule any early meeting as far as I know...
                    Where did you get that idea?
                    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                      FC was NOT discussed in the member meeting.
                      It was not addressed to the club at all.
                      It was not on Jeff's agenda because it was competely unplanned.
                      Jeff didn't schedule any early meeting as far as I know...
                      Where did you get that idea?
                      From the original post
                      rewindb.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                        There were only 3 board members total invited to the meeting. The fourth just happened to show up. I am not playing any games. If you read Skypilot's report which is on this forum, anyone can see what is so upsetting. I realize the goals of you and Jub is to sweep this under the rug but the problem is this isn't the first time club business has been carried out through Gordy with blunt force trauma. I am sick of it.
                        I don't understand how a meeting of club members or board members can turn into threats, intimidation and chest bumping. It is disc golf, not a heavyweight title fight.
                        Jeremy, you can continue to rant on this issue if you want, but the Board has worked it out among ourselves and we are going forward from that point.

                        You are making this into a soap opera but it wasn't really as dramatic as you make it out to be. I was there, you were not.

                        Maybe you should follow Jub's suggestion if you feel so negatively about the SDGA's leadership.
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Jub: Jeff sent an email to one board member asking why about the new routine.
                          He was never replied to. I don't see how you interpret this as you do... Oh well.

                          Bob's statement sums it up.
                          The board worked it out amongst themselves.

                          The club sadly went along for a ride.
                          Thus, I am very happy the board agreed to review the charter.
                          A review committee has already been started with an experienced member chair!
                          KUDOS!!!
                          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                            Jeremy, you can continue to rant on this issue if you want, but the Board has worked it out among ourselves and we are going forward from that point.

                            You are making this into a soap opera but it wasn't really as dramatic as you make it out to be. I was there, you were not.

                            Maybe you should follow Jub's suggestion if you feel so negatively about the SDGA's leadership.
                            So there was no chest bumping, like there was when Gordy chest bumped and intimidated Maka to try and get $100 from him for weeklies in the middle of a weekly.

                            I am happy to know that the Charter issues are being addressed. It has been a long time coming. I would like to see changes
                            Relax and enjoy your hair
                            TNT Yardworks.com

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              So there was no chest bumping with Jeff, like there was when Gordy chest bumped and intimidated Maka to try and get $100 from him for weeklies, in the middle of a weekly.

                              I am happy to know that the Charter issues are being addressed. It has been a long time coming. I would like to see changes in the balancing of the very limited power of the club members, with the ultimate power of the board. For instance, if 15 club members total were to vote for an agenda, I do not see why the board should be able to just change it later. Unless something unexpected occurs and it is no longer possible. I feel like the board should be the arms of the club but the board has operated as if the club is the pinky toe. Things have been slightly better with board meetings being scheduled with the club's knowledge. The board can do what it wants though with no checks or balances.
                              Last edited by Yoduh; December 12th, 2010, 10:05 AM. Reason: sp
                              Relax and enjoy your hair
                              TNT Yardworks.com

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                                So there was no chest bumping with Jeff, like there was when Gordy chest bumped and intimidated Maka to try and get $100 from him for weeklies, in the middle of a weekly. .
                                Correct me if I am wrong but

                                Aren't the weeklies and their revenue for the club the basis of what, how and when the club has the resourses to keep itself afloat
                                As the treasurer Gordy was well within his duties asking for the clubs money
                                Why should a club rep hold any amount of club money for any length of time? $100 is a hell of a turn out for a weekly

                                Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                                I am happy to know that the Charter issues are being addressed. It has been a long time coming. I would like to see changes in the balancing of the very limited power of the club members, with the ultimate power of the board. For instance, if 15 club members total were to vote for an agenda, I do not see why the board should be able to just change it later?..
                                As a matter of procedure and the fact that agendas (at least to this point ) are set by the board only,your suggestion requires an entirely new mechanism to accomplish it. Concesus building is good to a point unlees the issuse is time sensitive. By the time you gain one, it's noramlly too late. I agree hopefully the evaluation/evoloution of the charter will address these issues.

                                I do want to applaud all those who worked out a very intelligent voting process so all prepaid current members can vote in Jan.

                                Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                                I feel like the board should be the arms of the club but the board has operated as if the club is the pinky toe. Things have been slightly better with board meetings being scheduled with the club's knowledge. The board can do what it wants though with no checks or balances.
                                This too is a great sentiment but It's been my experience that clubs only get hot when it's cold out! Unfortunately Being a board member is a full time/ year round job.
                                Last edited by LJ Jubner; December 12th, 2010, 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling
                                rewindb.com

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X