X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Party Announcements

There will be a work party at Highbridge this coming Saturday, 11/20/10. We'll meet at hole #11 at 11:00 am.

Projects to be undertaken will include;

• Repair eroded tee boxes.
    • We can see the trash... lets go get it.
    • Locate and remove Innova anchors in the dog park.

Hope to see you all there.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

i will be there!!! WOOHOO

Comment

I'll be there for at least a few hours. Let me know what kind of tools that you need and I'll be sure to bring what I have.

Comment

Hi All.
        We've added the install of three more benches due to a nice little donation.
        Were gonna need to dig a couple of holes for that. So if anyone has a breaker bar for digin rocks that would be awesome, i dont have one yet. Other than that, bring your gloves, flat head shovels, and garden rakes.
        Right now with the leaves off of the bushes at highbridge we can see the trash on the hills surrounding the course, we've got a line on a thousand trash bags ( dont worry we wont need that many saturday ) for a dang good price. But if anyone would like to donate trash bags to the cause, that would be great.
        Remember this is what we do for fun!

Comment

i will be there ready to get my gloves dirty lol

Comment

I've got a breaker bar and a rather tired post hole digger that I will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
              I've got a breaker bar and a rather tired post hole digger that I will bring.
              sean WE know you are tried but just show up anyways ..

Comment

Why must you guys always schedule work parties on the weekends that I have to be out of town? Well, at least some of my tools will be there...eh,Joe?
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

hmm ... let me look in the shed of missing tools .. OH WAIT they are not missing just found a good place the be in my shed ..lol.. yes burge me and your tools will be there

Comment

Thanks to everyone who made saturdays work party. We have a few things that we did not get to. We made some real good progress on keeping our course lookin good.
                    We installed three new benches on holes 6,12, and 16. Special thanks to Aaron Baker for beating up a chain saw blade, and Gordy Crafts for doing the retaining work on hole 18. With a donation of sand we regraded tee pads 6,7,8,9, and 16. We also where able to recover 4 of the anchors that where set in the dog park across a street.
                    Thank you again to:
                    Joe Barnet & Lisa
                    Sean Johnson
                    Justin Shrack
                    Aaron Baker
                    Chris Barker
                    Gordy Crafts
                    Kevin Sakus

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Thanks to all on behalf of myself and the SDGA, Jon Verbarg.
                    Remember this is what we do for fun!

Comment

teepads

What's the best way to keep traction on our pads with the snow?
                      Does it help to shovel and sand the pads?
                      Are there better ways that people have experience with?
                      I would be happy to follow up on these to keep play goin!
                      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                        When I was throwing RHBH, before I hurt my arm, I used Yak-Trax, the rubber and metal slip-overs for your shoes. RHFH I can't use them 'cause I drag my toe and would destroy them.
                        As far as keeping the pads clear, I would think a little ice-melt should do the trick.
                        Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Snow golf

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                          I've found, keeping the teepads shoveled helps a lot.
                          If someone was to walk a snowblower from tee to basket, to tee, etc. we would have a "fairway" to play to and make walking a whole lot easier.

btw: I've been keeping Stimpi Ridge teepads shoveled so the Doubles round tomorrow is still on, at 1:30pm. But wear your waders to slog through the fairways. hehe
                          Don't forget to tape a 2' piece of curling ribbon to the bottom of your discs.

Comment

Be careful using metal teeth on rubber teepads. They can damage them quite easily.
                            Relax and enjoy your hair
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Don't use sno-melt on the course!

It's bad enough that we put that crap through our water treatment system in general, much less put it somewhere that leaches directly into the river.

Just use plain old rock salt.
                              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X