Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tasks would you like an average recreational player to look at working on in between rounds or post round to help improve the course. I am starting to play Disc Golf again and want to be a contributing player.

I am already looking into joining SDGA again, but as alluded to in the Joining SDGA thread have a couple concerns about privacy first.

Comment

Fair question

Always pack it in and pack it out. Ask others to do the same. Water the trees when we get some in. Set a good example for all with courtesy and respect for the plant life and park improvements. Avoid smoking (if possible) especially during the summer months when the whole place is a tinder box.

Comment

The other day at Highbridge during a casual round, my buddy Brian and I removed four bags of garbage including at least a few hundred cigarette butts from around the tees. I'll be out there again sometime this weekend doing it all over again. I'm at work now till 12:00 so I won't be able to make the scheduled work party but I will do my part to get the courses in pristine condition.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'm at a track meet right now, I'll make my way down if time allows.
          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

swaping out full trash cans is always good. some of the cans have extra bags in them.
            Cleaning up dead branches that have fallen is also a good way to go.
            Keep an eye out for work parties happening, the more hands we get the more we can accomplish in less time.

Originally posted by Lothiam View Post
            What tasks would you like an average recreational player to look at working on in between rounds or post round to help improve the course. I am starting to play Disc Golf again and want to be a contributing player.

I am already looking into joining SDGA again, but as alluded to in the Joining SDGA thread have a couple concerns about privacy first.
            Remember this is what we do for fun!

Comment

5/14 downriver work party

Thank you to all who made it out for the work party.

James, Aaron Baker, Nate Verbarg, and Gordy.

Comment

lest we forget

and James

Comment

Highbridge Cleanup, and Such

EWU is running a park cleanup event this morning at high bridge. I'm sure they would love more help, A few of us are going to be down there around 9:30ish this morning to install a few benches in the dog park. We are also going to regrade a few of our tee mats. Any Help is greatly appreciated.
                  Thanks.

Comment

I just happened to be watching the news yesterday morning when channel 6 was interviewing the young lady who spearheaded the cleanup at Highbridge yesterday. While I think her efforts are commendable and think it's great that she took initiative for a school project to take that on the main impression that I got from her interview was that they had to do it because the disc golfers throw so much trash in the park. Basically I felt like she threw disc golfers under the bus and that's why they had to do the cleanup of the park. That was just my interpretation of what I saw during the interview. Anybody else see it?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                      I just happened to be watching the news yesterday morning when channel 6 was interviewing the young lady who spearheaded the cleanup at Highbridge yesterday. While I think her efforts are commendable and think it's great that she took initiative for a school project to take that on the main impression that I got from her interview was that they had to do it because the disc golfers throw so much trash in the park. Basically I felt like she threw disc golfers under the bus and that's why they had to do the cleanup of the park. That was just my interpretation of what I saw during the interview. Anybody else see it?
                      Which would be pretty much accurate. I know that lots of us not only pick up after ourselves, but after other people. However, you can't deny that the vast majority of the trash that is down there is from someone with a disc in their non-beer hand.

Comment

Expecting the local media to objectively represent the entire reality is expecting way too much.

Far be it from them to stress that there is an active community of SDGA members that collectively spend thousands of hours a year:
                        * improving and maintaining the course
                        while having to deal with:
                        * the non-contributing drunken litterers
                        * vandalism
                        * gang activity
                        ......and erosion.

What can be expected is for them to provide just enough of the right information so as to characterize all disc golfers in town, and thereby all disc golfers in general, as a bunch of inconsiderate drunken reprobates.

Thanks a bunch, KHQ!
                        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Don't forget that HighBridge is now lacking enough in used needles and random gay crusing for high school girls to feel safe picking up trash because of disc golfers. :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Dadio! View Post
                            Don't forget that HighBridge is now lacking enough in used needles and random gay crusing for high school girls to feel safe picking up trash because of disc golfers. :-p
                            No kidding, one of my buddies a while back worked for the Spokane Parks department and got assigned to manage Highbridge...horror stories galore. (That was pre-disc golf)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X