Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't matter who started it. This is a public forum and you all need to start acting like grownups.

Comment

ok
      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
        thats nice you call me names then say i am harassing you ... threat or a comment take it however you want BUT I DIDNT START THIS YOU DID BY INSLUTING ME
        My new favorite word.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
          My new favorite word.
          i think that is someone who sleeps with all their relatives

Comment

Stop the Soap Opera

A lot of work got done and a lot of golf got played. Some even did both. All in all I thought things went rather smoothly.

I did not see this as a conflict but rather as a choice.

Thanks to those that helped install the benches and the new water hazard on hole #2.

And thanks to those that ran the weekly event.
            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

OMG, the invisible water got included less than week before tourney time?!?

that sucks... You are quickly turning Downriver into Rotary Park.

Downriver was the best course in the area... now it is shorter, more crowded, more dangerous, less fun.

Thank you SDGA, for all your work bringing disc golf back to the year 2000! (wait, I hear the course was awesome then)

"not a conflict but a choice", this is what I hear:

"Thank you Justin, for always cancelling scheduled events when asked, so there would be no club conflict, just realize we will schedule over you on a whim and call it an individual's choice."

We have known that D.R.O. was next weekend for months, yet is hasn't been a priority? This didn't need to be scheduled last minute, when its time conflicts with a previously scheduled club event. That was my only point.

I opened this wasps nest by asking why we couldn't schedule both things with different timelines... You guys responded in an amazingly insluting way and I reacted toward Joe's disrespectful comment, saying what we all think every time we have to deal with him.
              If this was inappropriate, it is nothing new to the SDGA method of operations... insults, physical confrontations, and threats.

Anyway, it is done. You have insulted me and made it clear I should not be a member of your club... just like you did with Chris, Yoduh, and many other golfers trying to help our local community.

Thank you, It makes me feel pretty good to be part of that amazing yet exiled group of golfers.
              Last edited by jshrack; April 3rd, 2011, 11:03 AM. Reason: repeat word

Comment

Originally posted by catalystdg View Post
                i think that is someone who sleeps with all their relatives
                no that is for INLAWS onlybut for you and parks i MIGHT make an exception

Comment

There are a lot of people in disc golf, from all walks of life, many of us sporting character defects that make it difficult to communicate with others in a smooth and easy manner. Let's remember that what we are doing is for the betterment of Disc Golf. More and better courses. More and better events. Disc golf has flourished, so far, due to the acceptance of all the different players, and the input from all the different players, and the work of all (well some) of the players. Let's not allow the way we speak, or how we dress, or even our crude manners, to prevent this sport from being accessible, or, Open To The Public.
                  Scheduling can be a b*$#h. Whether it's a work party or an event. I'm happy that the biggest complaint I can come up with this year is... "there's too many events to choose from"!!
                  Not only that, I can't keep up with playing all the new courses that are going in, everywhere.
                  Let's focus on our successes, not our "failures to communicate".

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                    There are a lot of people in disc golf, from all walks of life, many of us sporting character defects that make it difficult to communicate with others in a smooth and easy manner. Let's remember that what we are doing is for the betterment of Disc Golf. More and better courses. More and better events. Disc golf has flourished, so far, due to the acceptance of all the different players, and the input from all the different players, and the work of all (well some) of the players. Let's not allow the way we speak, or how we dress, or even our crude manners, to prevent this sport from being accessible, or, Open To The Public.
                    Scheduling can be a b*$#h. Whether it's a work party or an event. I'm happy that the biggest complaint I can come up with this year is... "there's too many events to choose from"!!
                    Not only that, I can't keep up with playing all the new courses that are going in, everywhere.
                    Let's focus on our successes, not our "failures to communicate".
                    Stimpi, I will take this to heart and move on. Thank you.

Comment

Make up for Saturday

I was not able to make it out Saturday but I'll be there on Weds with some trash bags for a make up course cleaning...

I'll be there at 5:00 and I'll bring extra bags if anyone else feels quilty for missing Saturday and wants to pitch in :-)

LKY

P.S. Thank you Lyle for helping me return to 2011 :-)

Comment

LKY Quote
                        I'll be there at 5:00 and I'll bring extra bags if anyone else feels quilty .

If you're feeling quilty I'll bring a bag full of old DG tee shirts and you can make a nice wall-hanger quilt for Jaymie and I. No, really, if you go to DR today the putting green area could use some pick-up (sticks, stones, pine cones, etc.) Otherwise I'll try to get down there with a rake, some extra spikes, and some 'Next Tee' signs sometime today. The park is looooking gooood so don't forget to just take in the warm, fuzzy, quilty feeling. G. Honey

Comment

Thursday...

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                          LKY Quote
                          I'll be there at 5:00 and I'll bring extra bags if anyone else feels quilty .

If you're feeling quilty I'll bring a bag full of old DG tee shirts and you can make a nice wall-hanger quilt for Jaymie and I. No, really, if you go to DR today the putting green area could use some pick-up (sticks, stones, pine cones, etc.) Otherwise I'll try to get down there with a rake, some extra spikes, and some 'Next Tee' signs sometime today. The park is looooking gooood so don't forget to just take in the warm, fuzzy, quilty feeling. G. Honey
                          I'm too busy working late on my fuzzy quilt tonight....
                          I won't make it to DownRiver till Thursday.

Still feeling even more guilty!!

Comment

Ongoing

There will be Clubbers continuing preparations for the DRO through the pairs event on Friday afternoon but probably not on into the 'Glow round starting at around 7:00....If you are a casual player or a competitor in the DRO pairs event please acknowledge the people prepping the the course with a beer or a thank you. They have only one thing in mind and that is to make DR as nice as they can in the time they have to get down there and kick it up a notch...... I'll lay some good money that Joe entices a good number of out-of-towners to jump into MADNESS.

Comment

erosion work being done

there will be a work party at DR sat MAY 14th to do some work on hole #4 . if you would like to see the course look a little better please come down and help.bring shovels .rakes and gloves need 2 more wheelbarrows to get some dirt moved .. enjoy the day .. and yes justin shrack it has been approved by the FC but you can call him if you would like to make sure ..

Comment

Sweet, it has been publicly announced too!
                                Is there a time or an actual plan of development?

Proper drainage under new walls could be a major consideration.
                                Walls also seem like a permanent structure, have they been approved by the city?
                                Bressler was pretty specific...

Seems like these things are major considerations at times yet overlooked at other times... just want to make sure it's the former.

Thanks for setting this up!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X