Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Board voted to convene prior to the club meeting.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

While I agree that Jon is a good choice, his selection was mired by the Board.

If you want to get into technicalities... the vote to institute Jon as F.C. was not done according to the charter.
      The charter specifically says that a quorum is needed for a board vote, I only count 3 votes that were cast, this is not a quorum.
      The Board never let Jeff Crum vote, they took 3 votes for Jon and called it good.
      Jeff tried to give his input and was told that the subject was settled.
      The Board didn't have 4 members to vote on the subject, as a result they did not have a quorum and had no right to vote.

This point alone invalidates the whole process.
      The board undercut the charter to get things done it's way.
      Not making time to allow club input doesn't help the perspective.
      I am sorry if this sounds like a rant but the situation still hasn't been addressed to the club, therefore this was the ONLY means of starting a discussion.

If we are not able to voice our input as club members the association seems kinda pointless...

As for JUB's remark.
      Try to get valid information before making passive aggressive remarks.
      I still live in Spokane and I am very active. Your assumptions are foolish.
      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

you know this post has gotten WAY OUT OF HAND .

has ANYONE and i mean anyone heard from eric brown ? we have had 3 meetings and 4 work parties at downriver YET NO F.C has been there and i have not yet seen his input on the forum yet everyone seems to think things were done wrong .
        In the work force if YOU DONT show up for a job you were given then it is taken that you have quit .. THIS is excatly what the last F.C. has done NOT SHOWED UP AND NOT VOICING HIS THOUGHTS. I am not saying it was done fairly or badly but in the real world NOTHING IS EVER FAIR!!
        right now as a club we have an active F.C. and we are getting things done at downriver .

Comment

Joe, you are right.

All technicalities aside.
          We had no F.C. for 4-6 prime work months, now it's snowing.
          There was no need to rush this decision.
          It should have been discussed by the club before the Board voted.
          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

[QUOTE=jshrack;82414]While I agree that Jon is a good choice, his selection was mired by the Board.

If you want to get into technicalities... the vote to institute Jon as F.C. was not done according to the charter.
            The charter specifically says that a quorum is needed for a board vote, I only count 3 votes that were cast, this is not a quorum.
            The Board never let Jeff Crum vote, they took 3 votes for Jon and called it good.
            Jeff tried to give his input and was told that the subject was settled.
            The Board didn't have 4 members to vote on the subject, as a result they did not have a quorum and had no right to vote.

This point alone invalidates the whole process.
            The board undercut the charter to get things done it's way.
            Not making time to allow club input doesn't help the perspective.
            I am sorry if this sounds like a rant but the situation still hasn't been addressed to the club, therefore this was the ONLY means of starting a discussion.

If we are not able to voice our input as club members the association seems kinda pointless...

Justin,
            I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but you are mistaken.

Board members that where present: Jeff Crum, Gordy Crafts, Bob Perrewe, Kevin Sakus.
            2/3 of 6 is 4. A vote no, or simply withholding your vote does not remove you from the quorum. As far as our charter goes, it was done as the member approved charter states. It could possibly have been done differently. I understand wanting to have more member input. But at the same time, no one has objected to me as f.c. just how it was done. The majority of the board felt (as i said in my statement to the board) that getting someone into the position before a hard freeze was in the best interest of the club. Getting rolling before a hard freeze enables us to get the last few major projects dealt with a.s.a.p. Our courses will be in better shape next spring. Our attention can than be directed toward people's park, and possibly sekani that much quicker.

Jeff was defiantly given the opportunity to vote, and he did. He gave his opinion, and was heard. As will happen from time to time not everyone will agree as to the best course of action. Thats why we have the system of a vote.

Trust me, the concern from some of our members over how the appointment was made was heard after the last member meeting. Justin you where siting there talking with gordy, bob, and myself after the meeting had adjourned. Face to face with us you said that (paraphrase) even though you would like to have seen it done differently, you understood why it was done, and approved of my appointment. We chatted about a few topics and I thought that we had a good and productive chat. I am quite frankly disappointed in the way that this is playing out.

I am not the first board member to be replaced on the sdga board, due to vacancy. Precedent, and the charter where followed as far as the board appointing the new member to the board.

In the future if there is a vacancy on the board, I'm sure that we will again consider how to handle the replacement in the best interest of the club a.k.a. our existing courses, endeavors, and upcoming projects.

If anyone has further questions regarding this subject, or others feel free to contact me through p.m. or my email.

jonverbarg@gmail.com
            Thanks, Jon.
            Remember this is what we do for fun!

Comment

"' I am quite frankly disappointed in the way that this is playing out. '"

WOW, glad im from podunk Idaho! You all can keep JUB JUB too

Comment

prozac in my coffee

Originally posted by tomw View Post
                "'WOW, glad im from podunk Idaho! You all can keep JUB JUB too
                Man Tom I can't get a break anywhere.

What this topic does accomplish is shows a need to (from time to time is) look at the clubs bylaws and procedures just to make sure nothing is left to chance. I agree there needs to be a protocol for all contingencies sometimes they just work out after the problem is identified.

Remember this club is and has always been a labor of love and a work in progress. The good news is the more participants there are the better it will be for all of us.
                rewindb.com

Comment

amen, jub
                  Remember this is what we do for fun!

Comment

just from reading this thread doesnt make your organzation look all to appealing to me. to me it seems like the board isnt really adressing the complaints, but are just trying to brush it under the carpet until it goes away. not impressed here.
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                      just from reading this thread doesn't make your organization look all to appealing to me. to me it seems like the board isn't really addressing the complaints, but are just trying to brush it under the carpet until it goes away. not impressed here.
                      Really!

In the old days clubs did work as you speculated (there are some that still do). I consider this type of healthy PUBLIC discussion refreshing. Clubs that actively use this or other forums should be applauded for "keeping it real"
                      rewindb.com

Comment

just from reading this thread doesnt make your organzation look all to appealing to me. to me it seems like the board isnt really adressing the complaints, but are just trying to brush it under the carpet until it goes away. not impressed here.
                        I am happy to hear that. It's good to know that from sitting back you can easily see who is trying to pull something.
                        Relax and enjoy your hair
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

If you want to see how these meetings are playing out there is a Board meeting on Thursday, Today at 3:30 at the season ticket. The Board is meeting, Gordy, Bob, Kevin, and Jon. They have successfully picked a time that Lyle and Jeff can't make to supposedly approve election materials that Bob needs to have paid for. I wish I can go but I have to work like most people at 330. There was a movement to have the meeting in the afternoon on Sunday but I think that would have been to convenient for to many people to show up. More on this to come.
                          Relax and enjoy your hair
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Yeah....well, in comparison, from playing the one and only course your organization maintains, I'm not impressed. So far, the best course in Oly is the worst course in the state. How about you wait 'till after your organization gets a better course than Yauger Swamp in the ground before you throw your two cents over the mountains. K?
                            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                              If you want to see how these meetings are playing out there is a Board meeting on Thursday, Today at 3:30 at the season ticket. The Board is meeting, Gordy, Bob, Kevin, and Jon. They have successfully picked a time that Lyle and Jeff can't make to supposedly approve election materials that Bob needs to have paid for. I wish I can go but I have to work like most people at 330. There was a movement to have the meeting in the afternoon on Sunday but I think that would have been to convenient for to many people to show up. More on this to come.
                              Well Gee Yoduh maybe it's time to start your own club? Maybe out in the valley? Maybe Maka can help then you would have TWO idea guys.

but seriously folk's the Board meeting today is for the board members to have a plan ready for the upcoming general club meeting. Personally I think it's a good idea for the board to meet ahead of time, get there ducks in a row and actually look organized for the club. It is unfortunate that not all concerned can attend but lets face it life gets in the way of DG (well at least to the ones who have one). The fact that the meeting was posted online makes the secret meeting comment a moot point
                              So Yoduh Live your signature and Relax and enjoy your hair

Burge, The Oly group does a lot of work at a couple of temp (hopefully someday permanent) courses. I have it on good authority that the Shelton course is outstanding!
                              rewindb.com

Comment

<moderator hat on>

Folks, I realize there is a lot of controversy over the way things are being done but let's keep it civil or I'm shutting this thread down.

<moderator hat off>

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X